It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Presidential Alert.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My question is why isn't the regular emergency alerts sufficient enough? That's the question..

Indeed. That should be enough I would think. This though offers so much more in the way of immediate ''central authority'' commandments. I don't know as it would amount to anything more than what those who favor it think it to be. It's just that some of us can see that there are always two possiblities at least for all these new tech things that come our way.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Okay, I don't care. Question the government and have fun with it. Just don't make mountains from ant piles, and don't connects dots that don't connect. Enjoy life and smile while you do it and good day

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump is such a dork. He needs constant attention just like a petulant child. sad....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DJMSN

I'm neither left or right, but I have to say I'm getting tired of the common response to be "snowflake and triggered" , whenever someone questions something. I don't think the left should call the right Hitler either. It's childish and weak.

To question the government to me is being absolutely American in every way. I wish more people would do it. This country wasn't founded on followers, it was people that questioned things. I guess you could call our founding fathers snowflakes and triggered for seeking relief from political and religious persecution.

Name calling is such an easy thing to do. It pigeonholes people into convenient categories and slaps a label on them for easy mental access. It will be interesting to see if Trump uses this or not. I hope he doesn't. His tweets are bad enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump is such a dork. He needs constant attention just like a petulant child. sad....

Trump or no Trump, I think this whole concept is one more step towards group think. The boss, whoever he be issues a thought and people think it. Things could turn on a dime with this kind of centralized communication.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And that IS a worst case scenario. Just how bad is it that only some of us can even see the possibility of what this could mean. Do you have any links that focus on these preparations for activation?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: underwerks

And that IS a worst case scenario. Just how bad is it that only some of us can even see the possibility of what this could mean. Do you have any links that focus on these preparations for activation?

Esiest way is probably twitter, #qanon.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I didn't call anybody names, but I have seen from the purveyors of partisan tripe like CNN and the View spin this into something that Trump could abuse.

It's operated by FEMA and actually controlled by a variety of government agencies. The same cast of partisan idiots tried the same stories when Obama was in office, only it was Fox and a wagon load of internet warriors who claimed that Obama would declare martial law.

Didn't believe those stories and there were a bunch of them, anymore than I think Trump will misuse the National alert system. First off he doesn't have too since every news agency in the world follows every word he says as if from God himself.

Someday, the newspapers, cable news networks, and the normal networks will realize what a God send Trump has been to them. When was the last time 92 thousand tickets were requested for a political rally ? And I bet 91 thousand of those were media request so they could cover.

He has saved them from going dark, much like Limbaugh saved AM radio years ago. Love him, like him, or hate him he has done stupid things and good things just like every President before him, but no not even Trump will misuse the alert system, after all there are adults in the WH right ?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And the old system known as the EAS or Emergency Alert System is based on radio and television broadcast systems and not cellular delivery. The system is also regional and locally activated.

They actually tried to update to a national activation when they switched from EBS to the EAS system but encountered issues.

You may recall that some errant messages were broadcast and some got them and some didn't? It didn't work as sold, so the old systems is more centralized regionally than before, it's still regional and localized.

This system they tested today is from a central location nationally and part of the cellular system. While the old system is also cellular it was not national, meaning they would have to send every regional location a message and they would have to send it every local location who then had to send it you and me.

The new system skips the middle guy you could say and saves lots of time. It's required every 3 years, the other regional systems are required every month

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I didn't know it was planned. I was driving when it happened. I didn't hear my phone, it was in my purse in the back seat, but my husband's phone was god awful loud! I thought it was the radio and I tried to turn it down....

It was so loud, I could have jumped out of my seat except that I was driving and had a seat belt on!

So then I was afraid, because like I said, I didn't know it was planned. I'm thinking freakin war or something, until my husband read what it said on his phone. I'm embarrassed to say I was pretty shaken up.

This proved to me that I really am on edge about possible war or terror attack.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So, good in a way for sure. But what could be the down side of this?

That people refuse the alert because of who send it.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder how many people killed over with a heart attack today. Man... They should at least send you a warning txt message. I damn near dover under the desk. And I even knew it was coming! Just not when and what day

A$$holes!
edit on 3-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good lord people paranoid much?

If Trump was going to declare martial law and thats a big unlikely IF. It wouldn't be when he has the left on the ropes and solidifying his base.it would be when he feels threatened, right now the Democrats are no threat, have no candidate to oppose him, their senators and congressmen and women look inept and impotent. Until the democrats quit blaming Trump and look at their leadership they will be no threat to Trump.

Not to mention been hearing every president since Clinton was going to declare martial law and lo and behold hasnt happened. Not that I dont have a bugout bag and location or 3 in mind,but lets not go off the rails here yet.
edit on 3-10-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah it's not like this is the first time it was used.... Jeeze!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
People are idiots and the media is helping them become bigger idiots.

It's NOT A FRIGGIN TRUMP ALERT! It's a damn FEMA alert and it's NOT the first one. I had them hit my phone during the damn Obama and Bush administration!

Damn people... Use your head for once!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

www.foxnews.com...

A nationwide wireless emergency test was sent out Wednesday afternoon, as the Federal Emergency Management Agency conducted its first "presidential alert."

www.cnn.com...

It's the first nationwide test of the system built by the federal government and cell phone carriers to warn Americans of an emergency, like a terror attack or a widespread disaster.

I'd like to see proof that you've received a nationwide Fema alert before, dates/times?
edit on 3-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

LOL I was in the rest room at work must have been 2 or 3 other people when it went off and it echoed pretty loud. Heard a few expletives and hurled a few myself. Knew it was coming too just not when. Glad I wasnt driving....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Never said nationwide. I said FEMA alerts which it is. It happens in all areas. Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Hurricanes, Snow Storms, Rain Storms, Floods... All of which allow Fema to give you a warning in your area. Don't tell me that none of these things happen where you live. Don't jump to conclusions.

I knew someone was going to dig that up. Silly me... I left it wide open on purpose. lol

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Considering more people have access to phones than cable TVs today, it's probably a more reliable way to alert the greater number of people.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have you actually read what the OP is talking about???
This is exactly what we are talking about, hence my earlier post:

My question is why isn't the regular emergency alerts sufficient enough? That's the question..

If you had reading comprehension skills you would see that these alerts are indeed different. If these were just local we wouldn't be having a post about them and the conspiracy angle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join