It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Case of Dreamscape Weirdness - What Is This Animal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So lately I've been having some pretty crazy dreams, I'd say over the last month. I say crazy not because they're different from my usual dreams but because they're so damn vivid and I wake up to remember all of the details. Most dreams people forget just shortly after they wake but these, I remember all day and into the night.

Just recently, I had a 'lucid dream'. I knew I was dreaming and I was able to build it as I went but not really control the outcomes. It was really fun, however.

Last night, I had another batch of craziness. Though this one perplexed me. I had this large fenced in area in my back yard, a cage of sorts. Inside this cage, I had various animals. A tiger... A bore... A Lynx... Ostrach... And something else. All I know is that it was in my mind, a bull. I can't remember what I named it. Maybe I called it a Minotaur. Maybe a Mastodon, which wouldn't have made sense since it wasn't an elephant. I can't remember but in my head, it was very familiar. No, not a taurus either but it was a bull of sorts. When I looked at it; oh yeah, it was rather tame - wasn't aggressive; but it was HUGE!!!! It had a body the size of a very large bull. The neck extended so very high up like a giraffe but thicker, some hundreds of feet. The head was massive and it had these two even more massive horns that faced forward. They weren't twisted, just normally curved forward from the sides. The base of the horn was so large and it tapered into a point rather steeply. The whole thing was the color of an elephant. Maybe that's why I thought Mastodon. Thinking about it, the body could have been more elephant than bull, yet in my mind it was of a bull.

But why so familiar?

It made a thundering bellow but had eerie melodic sounds that seemed to flow between the bellows as if it were a song of sorts. Very eerie.... I remember thinking that it was so odd, so beautiful yet so dark and foreboding. I knew the name of it (what kind of beast it was) before I woke and right as I was waking but couldn't remember when I did wake fully.

All day I kept thinking... Maybe it was something I remember seeing in my old D&D manual when I was in my early 20s.

Anyone know something that would mirror this dreamfed beast?

I know it's silly, but maybe I saw it somewhere and you kind folks might have as well and could give me an "Oh Yeah!' moment. It's like a song thats stuck in my head that I hear over and over again. I need closure damnit! lol

Have a good night all! See youz tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Are you sure it wasn't Taurus? I know you said you don't think it was but what if it was?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Odd you should mention animals that were familiar in the dreamscape but not IRL. I had a similar one last night myself, about a pet cat-but-not-a-cat.

The best I can describe it is the fur amount, body & head shape were nearly identical to a Pallas's Cat but the face was like a cross between a smooshed Himalayan with the wrinkles of a Shar Pei. It's not a very accurate description of it, but it's the closest I can think of.

It was a weird-ass looking animal, but very cuddly and passive. Very familiar in the dream, I knew what it was, but I can't think of anything like it in real life.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Was it more like bison or buffalo?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Are you sure it wasn't Taurus? I know you said you don't think it was but what if it was?

I thought that but I felt like when I tossed the word over in my head that I was more convincing myself than actually remember. Last night I thought about the dream and not the name and when I zoned in on the critter, the name "gorgon" came to mind. (no, not demogorgon)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Odd you should mention animals that were familiar in the dreamscape but not IRL. I had a similar one last night myself, about a pet cat-but-not-a-cat.

The best I can describe it is the fur amount, body & head shape were nearly identical to a Pallas's Cat but the face was like a cross between a smooshed Himalayan with the wrinkles of a Shar Pei. It's not a very accurate description of it, but it's the closest I can think of.

It was a weird-ass looking animal, but very cuddly and passive. Very familiar in the dream, I knew what it was, but I can't think of anything like it in real life.

Odd you should mention cats! lol

I didn't want to put this in there because it IS a bit disturbing.

The start of that segment of the dream began with about 3 or 4 kittens. Leading up to the 'cage'... first.. I used to have this cat some years back that I adored more than any pet I had ever owned. He was smart, loving, hated my X (even though it was our cat) and damn he was stubborn but so sweet. About 7 years ago was the last time I saw him. He was attacked by a dog (I don't think there was any damage) and it freaked him out so bad that he wouldn't even come to me which was very odd I should say because he trusted me and only me. I know it was because of his trauma with the dog. I hadn't seen him since. I had him for 11 years at that time.

In my dream, I called this orange and white cat (adult) by the same name as though it was the one and the same (but I had a few versions of him in this dream - this was the last). Though at the same time I knew it wasn't him. This one was a trusting lovable cat and he walked up to the Tiger and started rubbing his head like cats do to leave a scent but in the Tiger's opened maw. I grew angry and scared for the cat at that moment because I knew the Tiger wasn't tame. The Tiger realized... Free meal and closed his jaw around the cat's head and 'raked' the underside of the cat.

I walked into the house and put an add out in Craigslist. It was then that I somehow suddenly knew I had bought the menagerie of animals for $2,000 from the same source. Though, I was only going to sell the tiger, and for $2000 alone. I had to get rid of him because he was dangerous.

This was a very long dream that folded in to many stages. This whole part was the final section before waking.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady

Was it more like bison or buffalo?

I would say it had the body mass of an Elephant but from the back down to probably 3/4 of the way down to his belly, he had the fur of a buffalo, very fluffy ish looking, but falling to the side like puffy strings.

The legs were like tree trunks, like an Elephant. They weren't skinny like a normal cows legs.

I remember the hard callus (?) over it's knees. I remember touching him and looking down and realised he was floating about 2 feet from the ground. When I looked up (at this point I thought it was a normal head but) the neck, also very thick, extended so very high (not in the clouds high) maybe 3 stories or just shy. His head was normal (I think... that's kind of blurry. I dont remember it's features). The horns went forward much like the dino thing luke gutted in Empire to stay warm. The thing was so big that the horns looks so massive.. like car size. It wasn't mean or dangerous. It acted like I wasn't even there or no threat to him.

I just knew it was a 'bull' or bovine type animal but I refered to it as a bull but the specific type is what eludes me. I'm now thinking I named it Gorgon. But as in not only a creatures name but as the only one of it's kind. Like a noun and proper noun at the same time.

top topics

join