It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boring Isolation Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: james1947

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: james1947

There's a whole chapter in the book I recommended tying together that incident with known Mkultra hypnotists.

Here's the problem with that...before 1992 some of the stars on Betty's map were unknown to astronomers (science)...and thus could not be any part of an "implanted memory", or some Mkultra thing.

That is fascinating. What do the debunkers say? Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Maybe NASA is hiding life on Mars in order to protect it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: james1947

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: james1947

There's a whole chapter in the book I recommended tying together that incident with known Mkultra hypnotists.

Here's the problem with that...before 1992 some of the stars on Betty's map were unknown to astronomers (science)...and thus could not be any part of an "implanted memory", or some Mkultra thing.

That is fascinating. What do the debunkers say? Coincidence?

On the subject of the "unknown at the time" stars; that is typically ignored, kind of like they don't even exist.
As for the rest: Coincidence. the problem is that the probability of coincidence is very, very small: 5.84795e-87 ... almost non-existant.

But apparently it is all "old hat", and new data (modern astrometrics) doesn't matter, the errors of some "astronomers" in the early 90's are just fine, and we don't need to correct the glaring errors made...like two stars moving "too far away" when their position is calculated with modern data...except, that is wholly untrue. Most of the other statements made by these "astronomers" is also wrong, like the nature of binary stars...they can actually have planetary systems, frequently also viable for advanced life.

My "thing" is that the map has been misrepresented by science, astronomers, astrophysicists, etc. and truly does show what could be considered a "trade and exploration map", that shows "stars and planets".

Debunkers have mostly concentrated on other details of the event, like the use of hypnosis. While that may be cause to take the overall story with a Siberian Salt Mine, it in no way can affect the mathematical probabilities of the map. That probability is determined by the number of stars that can be said to be a match vs the number of stars within a specific radius of Sol (Earth), and that is fixed, and completely independent of the actual stars.

Then there are the stars themselves; every star on the map is capable of supporting advanced life i.e. they are all "hot" K class, G class, or "cold" F class. (these are not stars that were "pre-selected" because they are suitable, but rather the stars that "didn't exist" before 1992).

One of the things I don't quite understand is; Why most people are willing to accept old, obsolete, and now invalid data over modern, far more accurate and relevant data.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Maybe NASA is hiding life on Mars in order to protect it.

Just like the US Forest Service hides the Sasquatches.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This has no scientific basis whatsoever, just pure conjecture based on the reasoning that there hasn't been enough time on earth for one celled organisms to evolve into whole species that we know today.

Just had me thinking.

If we didn't evolve then we had to come from somewhere. Barring creation myths and theology, the next best answer would be we came from another planet. A much older planet or star system. That planet or system died out and we've been interstellar hopping for thousands of years now...maybe even a million or two. And everytime we hop to another world, we reset. Our elders die, tangible records wiped out due to passing of time, but some survive in the form of oral traditions and stories...hence the somewhat similar creation myths. It's a cycle. Survival is encoded in any species' DNA I think. And know we are once again exploring the stars, reaching other planets like what our ancestors did before. When this Earth dies, we'll leave everything behind and settle on another world. Then repeat everything again. Re-learn everything.

This answer kinda addresses many things. The time it takes for a species to become whole, our inexplicable longing for another intelligent life to exist out there somewhere, our deep rooted belief that there has to be a higher power or an origin where we all came from and the meaning of our lives as we move forward...

If the big bang was an explosion whose circle expanded and continues to expand then maybe all intelligent life started in the 800 million year mark, but in different parts of the circle. As the circle expanded it would be impossible for us to keep in touch or detect our "cousins" since their hops took them farther and farther away from us and vice versa. it is now 2018, the universe is estimated to be 18 billion years old?

The distance and time it will take for any information about our "cousins" to reach us and vice-versa would be insurmountable. Unless they the information travels at the speed of neutrinos (faster than light?), through wormholes (theoretical?) or by some other unknown means. Maybe the highest level of technology or science our "cousins" and us managed so far is the warp drive system. We can travel interstellar but that's it. We haven't reached the Dyson Sphere type technology yet.

If anyone can determine the best or most likely time an intelligent life like us evolved in the universal timeline, 800 million years ago...2 billion...10 billion...I think it will answer most of our questions.

Interesting thread by the way. Great break from all the Trump political hullabaloo.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Blown away by the thought provoking ideas in this thread!

Let's not forget that our "science" is just a humans way of organizing natural patterns. Our idea of a "habitable zone" is exactly OUR IDEA. And as it's already been astutely pointed out, we are sort of a luck of the draw mechanism in many ways when you look at it from science. The problem is our understanding of this world and our existence is perpetually repressed by our own design and dependence on exact science.

A union of science and spirituality will get us much farther than any spaceship and teach us that life can't always be found by purely scientific methods. There is so much more going on around us that we don't even perceive until we work backwards in our brainwashing and start peeling away the layers and start feeling and sensing again.

In a nutshell... we don't have a clue what could be out there. Just because we tested the things we feel like should be tested doesn't mean another species hasn't got it figured out in a COMPLETELY different, ala ALIEN way from us.

I do not believe we are isolated, but I do believe our natural connection with this world/realm has been systematically "bred" out of us. We are domesticated and docile and we don't question the world around us. We assume that we are "the one".

Excellent thread!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I Usually Despise The "Better Late Than Never" Theme... But My Part In The Story Is Just That.
I'm Way Too Late In The Earthly Tale.
However... I Do Know That When I Was Born... I Was Cared For By The Select Few Who Had Leaps And Bounds Ahead Of Me. So Too It Is Since The Olden Ages. To Simply Replace The Idea Of A Miracle That We All Are... With Arrogance And Conceit Is Too Damning A Factor In The Tale Of Us Today.

My Point: It's Not Truly A Question Of Is There Life.
It's A Question Of How Long Have "They" Been Seeding Us. That Then Leads To The Incomprehensible Notion Of Time. And Whilst We Are Winners In That Lottery For Now... The Truth Of It Is Our Greatest Grandfather Is Not So Cheap As To Not Seed All Living Creatures Everywhere Where His Caring Heart Sees Fit. Pun?

Life... Is Abundant Throughout The Whole Universe.
But The Reason We Aren't Met... Is For The Same Reason That You Don't Invite The Whole Of The World Into Your Home For A Get Together On Debate(s).

My Theory: We Were NEVER Alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join