It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists blow up own lab when creating 1200 Tesla magnetic field

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Scientists in Japan created the strongest indoor magnetic field ever - 1200 tesla. In comparison, a MRI scanning machine has a maximum strength of 4 tesla:

metro.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nothing like a controlled experiment eh.

💥😯💥

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I posted the vid over here the other day but I think the rest of ATS might like it too.

“I didn’t expect it to be so high,” Shojiro Takeyama, a physicist at the University of Tokyo, told IEEE Spectrum. “Next time, I’ll make [the enclosure] stronger.”

motherboard.vice.com (source of u-tube vid too) - W atch Scientists Accidentally Blow Up Their Lab With The Strongest Indoor Magnetic Field Ever.

Magnetic Field Record Set With a Bang: 1200 Tesla - You-tube

But yeah, that is pretty cool! The article says they made the cage for a 700 T magnetic field but it climbed over 1,200 T for something like 100 milliseconds. Blew the doors off the cage!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That is sweet! But I blew up a stump with my hydrogen generator. And it only cost about $25 from Home Depot.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I hooked up my electric trains controller to small electronic capacitors to see them pop like firecrackers when I was a kid. Scared me just like this video.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That was rather anticlimactic.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I see that boys will be boys whether they are playing with explosives or magnetic forces and kaboom...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Really belongs on the previous thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1219539/pg1

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

RE: That HHO video

I would not have a cell phone sitting next to that thing! Even the lighter would be put in a different area (than the guy in the video). For crying out loud! Even starting the barbeque has an extended arm on it so you do not stick you hand in there to start it! Brown gas is just waiting to explode!

Enough about safety! It is kind of hard to be safe when blowing stuff up!

"Hi honey! How was work today?
"Oh, you know. The usual. Blew up the lab with a 1,200 Tesla magnetic field. Going to take six months to rebuild it. I think next time I will make the cage stronger..."

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

LOL...that wasn't me, but yeah. We filled up some balloons and jeezus what a kaboom. When gas was $6 a gallon the neighbor and I bought some plans for that generator. We actually increased fuel mileage by 10% but it gets real hot and sucks the juice out of a battery.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Imagine dumping 3.2 megajoules of electricity on anything!! That in and of itself is crazy!

If they can make a steady 600T field then that is it. We will have nuclear fusion. So seeing that 1,200 T is achievable gives me hope that a steady step forward is possible.

In the mean time, that video is pretty d@mn cool!

Maybe there is something to 1.21 jigawatts after all!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When we needed fishing worms when I was a kid, we wrapped the bare wires of a cut extension cord around two metal rods, stuck them in the ground, and plugged it in. And the worms crawled right out.

But, hey. Aren't strong magnetic fields supposed to be bad for you or something?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

LOL. I am no scientist, but I think harnessing magnetism is the key to Tesla's free energy. It is always there, always moving.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Not how it works.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Youre shrouded within a massive and very powerful magnetic field right now.

Magnets can't hurt you unless you're messing around with super magnets and get your hand smooshed.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Explain then.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I see that boys will be boys whether they are playing with explosives or magnetic forces and kaboom...

I was kind of hoping the scientists were unexpectedly turned into cooked lab rats.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Wikipedia: Orders of magnitude (magnetic field).

As you can see they updated the list!

Earth: 10^-5 Tesla
Fridge: 10^-3 T
Strong magnet: 1.25 T
MRI: 1.5 - 7 T
W7-X fusion reactor: 3 T
Strongest continuous SC MF: 45 T
MagLab. Los Alamos: 100 T
Japan Lab blows door of hinges: 1,200 T
Chemical-TNT largest field created: 2,800 T
Neutron Stars: 1 - 100 mega T (mega is 10^6)

Source: Wikipedia

The Japanese lab's field was something like 50 million times stronger than earth but not anywhere near a neutron star! I would stand outside the cage they built when they fire a shot! I'll put it to you like this, we could not enter the MRI room if we had anything metallic on (jewelry, buttons, etc) when they were running a scan.

BTW, Quora says that blood is like anything else in your body and if there was a magnetic field strong enough to rip your blood out it would also control the rest of your body! link to article.

edit on 2-10-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix formatting and link

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Youre shrouded within a massive and very powerful magnetic field right now.

Magnets can't hurt you unless you're messing around with super magnets and get your hand smooshed.

Smashed one of my fingers between two 40# neodymiums. I use them to mount stuff where I don't want to drill holes.

Ooow.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Chinese guys in lab. "We were messing about with super strong magnetism.. Oops, it was double the power and blew up."

Guys at the LHC. "Hue hue..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join