It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, i'm from London and an astronomer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm interested in archaeoastronomy and the paranormal, i was a member of the Ghost Club, the oldest society in the world involved in paranormal activity, even Charles Dickens had been a member, however my main interest is how wars, declarations of independence dates, buildings and a lot more are aligned to Sirius and the Center Star of the Belt of Orion, being Alnilam by day start!

Sadly i don't have all my files with me as i'm in a temp nursing home at the moment, having broken my spine in January and suffer from paraplegia, however feel i have enough material with me to make several interesting threads, before i'm able to return home. I'm in the middle of having extensive physio-therapy at the moment, and expect to make a good recovery soon but in a wheelchair.

I'm a happy soul and look forward to debating with all other members on the forum when i have made the required posts on the newbie forum!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

You sound awfully chipper for one in your situation. Welcome and wishing you the best. Looking forward to your posting and threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. You sound like you'll fit right in.

You say you are an astronomer yet you live in London. Is it not a bad place to be an astronomer in with all the light pollution? Not that I doubt you but it sounds a bit counterproductive to my layman's ears.
edit on 2/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I’m also interested in archeoastronomy particularly ancient sites. I’ll look forward to reading your threads and hope your treatment and recovery goes well.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you've been doing some interesting research, so I look forward to your threads, for sure.

I'm sorry to hear about your current predicament, glad you're still positive, that's some skills right there,

All the best for now

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi, fellow Brit here, I feel more sorry for you living in London than being in the nursing home!
Seriously though hope you heal well, good place to spend your time online while you are laid up.
I love banter and debate so if we ever cross swords just remember it's not personal, and I'm generally in a friendly mood.
Pop into the Banter Cafe thread in General chat if you like, there's a few Brits having the craic, and folk from all over, pop a tune on the jukebox.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Welcome to the site. I love your seemingly great attitude!

Also, best wishes for a quick and strong recovery. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Hi Justso,
Yes i have an optimistic attitude, i see little point in being a misery, however the reason i broke my spine is that i suffered from "Bamboo Spine", so i was disabled for some time, so had a lot of time to get used to it, Ha Ha!
Thank you for your welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi LightSpeedDriver,
Yes London has a lot of light pollution, it is a long time ago that i looked through a real telescope, being unable to move my head. But my interest is Archaeoastronomy, so i have to look back to at least the start of the Julian Calendar in 0045 BC, for this i have a special program on my computer that works out axial precession at any location of the Earth showing horizons being due East and West, and Zenith and Nadir being due South and North in northern hemisphere and opposite in the southern hemisphere. These are auspicious points in the sky regarding beliefs!
Many thanks for your welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Hi MerkabaTribeEntity,
Thank you for your kind welcome, my research has lasted nearly 20 years, so have a workable thesis!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Hi CornishCeltGuy,
I love Cornwall, although i live in the suburbs of London near Barnet!
Hopefully we can debate in "The Three Pilchard's Pub" in Polperro over a pint Lol!
Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Sorry to hear about your physical ailments.

Nice to hear about your hobbies! Sounds like you found the right group of miscreants and ne'er-do-wells!!

Have you heard about this (site is in US, but sure there is probably a European version, phys.org)

New extremely distant solar system object found during hunt for Planet X.

They were looking for "Planet X" and found an object called "The Goblin". It's perihelion is 65 AU so it is outside the Kuiper Belt. These are the same guys who found 2012 VP113.

I do not think there is a mysterious Planet X within the Oort Cloud (my thoughts on the gravitation signa is something passed through and caused the seen disturbances). Any thoughts on Planet X?

Again, welcome to ATS! Speedy recovery!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth
Hi Illumimasontruth,
I love the Avatar name, i investigate "Fringe Masonic" beliefs, not the main body, i'm sure we will debate, some time in the future!
Thank you for your very kind welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
Hi surfer_soul,
I am pleased that your interest is archaeoastronomy and look forward to debating with you after the rules of a newbie are finished, i have some interesting information about Cleopatra and Thebes!
Thank you for your warm welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hi pleased to hear you'll be with us . Hello again.
Will your knowledge or tools enable you to tell about the fabled star of Bethlehem ? According to the King James Bible translation, Matthew writes: “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.'”

I don't believe anyone has parked a spaceship or star in that particular church parking lot yet , maybe the heaven's gate nutters, or is there any consensus on if it was a thing ? Is that what you're alluding to because we might like to hear about that .

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hi Teotwawkia,
You gave a very interesting post, however with all the myths about Planet X, i wonder why that was mentioned, if "The Goblin" does exist i would wait for further investigation, but is fascinating.
So far there is growing evidence that "Planet 9" does exist, however it would need to be 4 times the diameter of the Earth to explain its gravitational pull on the orbits of Trans-Neptune objects!
In the outer reaches of our solar system i am sure there are many dwarf planets to find, and perhaps some larger planets as well!
Thank you for your kind welcome!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Hi DoctorBluechip,
There is a star alignment that the Three Wise Men "could" have followed to Bethlehem, but this only works if you know the day of birth before leaving Persia, so is suspect!
In 386 AD Egeria Silva made a journey to Bethlehem to celebrate Christmas, she found that this was celebrated on 6th January, being Epiphany, which wasn't unusual in the early church!
My alignment involves the brightest star in the sky for sunset on 5th January being the Jewish start of the day for 6th January.
Give me a dig when i have finished the rules of being a newbie and i will explain further, thank you for your kind welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
I'm interested in archaeoastronomy and the paranormal, i was a member of the Ghost Club, the oldest society in the world involved in paranormal activity, even Charles Dickens had been a member, however my main interest is how wars, declarations of independence dates, buildings and a lot more are aligned to Sirius and the Center Star of the Belt of Orion, being Alnilam by day start!

Sadly i don't have all my files with me as i'm in a temp nursing home at the moment, having broken my spine in January and suffer from paraplegia, however feel i have enough material with me to make several interesting threads, before i'm able to return home. I'm in the middle of having extensive physio-therapy at the moment, and expect to make a good recovery soon but in a wheelchair.

I'm a happy soul and look forward to debating with all other members on the forum when i have made the required posts on the newbie forum!

Hello and welcome!
I am looking forward seeing you around and reading your forthcoming threads.
Stay sharp and stay healthy, much love!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Welcome to the site, you sound like you'll be a great addition to the member base.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryptical
Hi Kryptical,
Thank you for your kind welcome, i find my health comical, i have a bag for my bladder, a bag for my bowel, all i need now is a paper bag for my head LOL!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join