It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 guns stolen from Tennessee UPS facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Hundreds of guns have been stolen from a Tennessee UPS facility, and investigators are seeking the public’s help as they look to arrest suspects and recover the weapons, federal officials said Monday.
The Memphis Police Department isn’t prepared to say what types of guns were stolen from the Brooks Road UPS facility Sunday night. Investigators said two men in a U-Haul van were caught on camera taking the weapons.
Authorities said they are still in the process of reviewing shipping manifests to determine what’s missing, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is leading the investigation, said that about 400 guns were reported stolen

theyre not saying what type of guns but i would think even halfway decent every day type pistols will have a pretty decent value on the street.
you think?

i think a pretty general rule of thumb is you can get 50% value of something on the street.

have to think there is 100k there on the low side

“We are concerned that the firearms will end up on the streets not only potentially in the Memphis area, but also across the country,” he said. “The criminal element knows no geographical boundary.”

as they should be.
doubt they swiped this for their personal collection.

kind of sounds like they had to know they were there or which ones to take.

i know people get guns shipped to their FFL for pickup but it seems like 1 facility having 400 guns at any 1 time is kind of a lot.

there are a couple of # pictures of the dudes who swiped them.
have not found them yet but i would imagine it wont be long.
wonder if they will get them before they unload the guns

edit on 2-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Without even reading the article my first thought was that it was an inside job. A shipment that big hmmm lets see..

First. you dont just go into that UPS looking for 400 guns blindly and just get lucky. So it was an inside job.

Second. UPS packages move fast so they wouldnt have much time to plan and implement their operation. Therefore this points to a regular shipment with the inside person knowing the times of the shipments and locations of the weapons.

Third. The size of the shipment and the seeming regularity of the shipment points to a big big buyer. It seems to me that only the Military would make such large regular shipments.

Hmmm

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

False flag carried out by the military in order to instill enough fear in the public that it initiated the beginning phases of a gun grab.

Why sell the guns? They were obviously the intended target, but not for their value...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The article does not give much more info than the headline.
I feel the same
Inside deal

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Thinking about next organized protest and antifa.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Thinking about next organized protest and antifa.

Or something they move on the street for cash

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I too feel the same about an inside job..

I read this from a hunter website about shipping guns.

UPS has special restrictions on who individuals can ship firearms to, as well as who an individual can receive them from. Currently, shipment and receiving are limited to:

Licensed importers
Licensed manufacturers
Licensed dealers
Licensed collectors

Only the above licensed personnel are able to use UPS to ship firearms to government agencies.

In addition, these transactions are subject to federal, state and local law. Firearms may be shipped by UPS via the following:

a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account
a UPS Customer Center using the following services:
UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically UPS Next Day Air®
Early UPS Next Day Air®
UPS Next Day Air Saver® Visit UPS for more information on packing your firearm and special procedures for ammunition and silencers.

Americanshootingjournal

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

but..... none of your info. even suggests that the firearms were housed in an adequately fortified/secured 'Armory'->

I once drove through Memphis & I thought I had teleported into a 3rd world metro area

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank heavens this was in West Tennessee (Memphis) and not where I live. Wish we would just give Memphis to Arkansas.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I once drove through Memphis & I thought I had teleported into a 3rd world metro area
This made me laugh.

Most of Tennessee is not like that. Just Memphis.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't think so. It looks so intentionally traceable. Almost staged.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Could be some mob or gang, or it could be just two rednecks that thought this would be a good idea to get drug money. My bet is on the last.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: St Udio

This made me laugh.

Most of Tennessee is not like that. Just Memphis.

Agreed, I lived in Nashville for a number of years, also everyone I know in Tn stay away from Memphis at all cost........

Along with everyone else, sounds like an inside job, watch and wait.........some and no offense but, Im willing to bet that someone from questionable areas of Memphis that probably had been watching them come in.......probably did this as a way to make some good money on the streets.......

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I wonder if they placed the orders under a alias then tracked the shipping to the facility and picked up their free guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would like to be the first to accuse judge Kavenaugh. Was anybody raped in the process?

Sorry.

Most likely an inside job.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Hundreds of guns have been stolen from a Tennessee UPS facility, and investigators are seeking the public’s help as they look to arrest suspects and recover the weapons, federal officials said Monday.
The Memphis Police Department isn’t prepared to say what types of guns were stolen from the Brooks Road UPS facility Sunday night. Investigators said two men in a U-Haul van were caught on camera taking the weapons.
Authorities said they are still in the process of reviewing shipping manifests to determine what’s missing, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is leading the investigation, said that about 400 guns were reported stolen

theyre not saying what type of guns but i would think even halfway decent every day type pistols will have a pretty decent value on the street.
you think?

i think a pretty general rule of thumb is you can get 50% value of something on the street.

have to think there is 100k there on the low side

“We are concerned that the firearms will end up on the streets not only potentially in the Memphis area, but also across the country,” he said. “The criminal element knows no geographical boundary.”

as they should be.
doubt they swiped this for their personal collection.

kind of sounds like they had to know they were there or which ones to take.

i know people get guns shipped to their FFL for pickup but it seems like 1 facility having 400 guns at any 1 time is kind of a lot.

there are a couple of # pictures of the dudes who swiped them.
have not found them yet but i would imagine it wont be long.
wonder if they will get them before they unload the guns

POTUS is going to be in Southaven, MS today. It's only 12 miles from Memphis....would bet the secret service is all over this.
edit on 10/2/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My first thought was inside job, but that's not necessarily true.

All it takes is the tracking numbers ,and anyone can get where it is at any given time.
edit on 2-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

i think a pretty general rule of thumb is you can get 50% value of something on the street. have to think there is 100k there on the low side

They would actually be worth more than retail to people who cannot legally buy them, and most likely moved across the country. Selling them locally would get them caught for sure.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Without even reading the article my first thought was that it was an inside job. A shipment that big hmmm lets see..

First. you dont just go into that UPS looking for 400 guns blindly and just get lucky. So it was an inside job.

Second. UPS packages move fast so they wouldnt have much time to plan and implement their operation. Therefore this points to a regular shipment with the inside person knowing the times of the shipments and locations of the weapons.

Third. The size of the shipment and the seeming regularity of the shipment points to a big big buyer. It seems to me that only the Military would make such large regular shipments.

Hmmm

Gun shops make regular shipments.

400 guns isn't actually a lot of guns.
edit on 2 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

400 guns would be a small shipment to a Cabelas or Academy Sports distribution center. I think that it is one way the big box outdoor and sports stores keep prices down.

I'm wondering when UPS was re-established as a firearms shipper. At one time several years ago, there were so many firearm thefts from UPS that the BoATF&E would not let UPS ship firearms. Had to receive them from DHL or FedEx or believe it or not, the USPS.

Memphis has become a gang and drug sh!thole these days...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join