It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh's classmate says he lied about drinking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
No, you're going by 'reports', as we all are
different "news gathering sites"
will tailor and bowdlerise to fit the demand

The majority of Trump supporters on ATS
gravitate towards sites of a certain 'bent'

As too does, seemingly, Kavanaugh
What else did he say in hi,s unhinged opening ?

It's all a machination by Clinton acolytes, funded by foreign ressources

Something to that effect ?
That right there should be an instant NO

Supreme Court judges have a hugely important role in the scale of things
The last thing you need is a conspiracy theorist

So there's you go, whilst you've made think things through !
Kavanaugh is at the very least a drunkard
and entertains conspiracy theories to lull himself to sleep

You want that on the SCOJ ?
Really !

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

You know what we really want? To not have Hillary Clinton picking any supreme court justices. Oh wait...she never will. 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is a dirty business going on here. And it's a complex issue, yet simple in many respects

Though I am in sympathy with the left on most things, I can’t get with forcing people to resign over an accusation until it’s proven.

One can only understand this when one is ever accused falsely of something and then you could understand the horror of that.

I was accused falsely of something and only a hearing, thank God for the union there, was I completely exonerated. Before the hearing of my case began the union guy told me to chill, no angry outbursts. It was difficult but I followed his advice but it wasn’t easy.

Kavanaugh, probably trying to please Trump turned into an animal at the hearing, a bad move for him, though IF he is innocent I totally understand his emotions. Though he overdid it, IMO.

Sexual violence is the second worst crime in the books, next to murder but we still have to maintain the principle that a person has a right to a defense and shouldn’t be coaxed to resign only over a charge.

On the other hand, sexual violence should be rooted out everywhere with all possible vigilance
But NEVER at the expense of an injustice to an innocent person.

Were all guilty of it, secretly and openly most of the time for some reason we believe the charges heaped on people, particularly from official channels.

The left and right are guilty but in this case, the left is more guilty since it's their ox being gored.

But the right historically has done the same things on other issues such as people charged with terrorism, crime, charges of communist associations, issues they hold dear to them, they become unjust.

It’s no political party more guilty than the other, it all depends on the issue, and the guilty party is as the saying goes, the nature of the beast

We need to adhere to strict principles

NO PERSON SHOULD BE JUDGED GUILTY OF AN ACCUSATION UNLESS FIRM PROOF IS SHOWN

If the proof isn’t convincing then the person should be socially and legally EXONERATED
I know that’s impossible since often the mere charge is enough to taint people for life

edit on 1-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: highvein

87 (?) Members of Congress have used the sexual harassment hush fund to silence their victims.

But now these same assholes are suddenly the paragon of virtue and the leftists are defending them.

lol. Yes. Very true and funny actually. Maybe an investigation into the hush fund would be relevant at this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I finally just now figured out something and I feel a little stupid about it. FREEDOM OF THE PRESS has officially been outdated by capitalism. msm FREEDOM OF THE PRESS has been purchased by the liberalism. It’s also being used influence government ideology, which I highly doubt was in the minds of our forefathers. It seems technology and capitalism got to big for Freedom of the press.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Wow. A post of yours I can largely agree with.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

He has lied about many other things - small and large, not under oath and under oath.

Lying and not hearing what you want are two different things... Lying would be... I never drank in high school...

Can you name a lie of the smallest matter?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

To be fair that was blatantly obvious from his testimony, the way he danced about the subject and got so nervous about it he questioned someone else about their drinking habits.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Ludington told the New York Times that he and Kavanaugh saw each other often in social settings while in college, especially during their freshman and sophomore years. He described Kavanaugh as someone who often became “belligerent and aggressive” when he had had too much alcohol. Ludington claimed that Kavanaugh had downplayed how often and how much he drank while in college. Ludington says it was common to see Kavanaugh “staggering from alcohol consumption.”

Source

Damn drunken, nasty, sloppy frat boy. You still want him on the Supreme court?

Please justify your position, and detail why a person who sexually assaults 15 year old girls is somehow worthy of this honor.
it said right in the article that chad Ludington admits to drinking as well. And you are going to take the word of a drunken lefty professor? Who i have heard three witnesses saw him molest a little boy?
edit on 1-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
WELL THEN

This proves he's a serial rapist.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
No, i'm not

whining about a case with 0 evidence and 0 corroborating

It's more a case of the right getting into a tizz
about one of their own being found out
for being a nasty piece of work, on live t.v,
for all the world to see and debate upon

more good-old-boyism in action from the GOP

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Found out what?

That he was a teenager or that he was a typical college student?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

CNN reports...BK lures girls in with beer then wrecks em like a boss. lol

link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

a reply to: Woodcarver
No, i'm not

whining about a case with 0 evidence and 0 corroborating

It's more a case of the right getting into a tizz
about one of their own being found out
for being a nasty piece of work, on live t.v,
for all the world to see and debate upon

more good-old-boyism in action from the GOP

all i have seen are accusations. Where is the evidence and witnesses?

link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Kavanaugh is at the very least a drunkard
and entertains conspiracy theories to lull himself to sleep

The whole drunkard part is a left talking point to find anything to discredit him. Once again where is the dozens of witnesses that could say he is drunk all the time. Why are we even talking about drinking beer in high school anyways...lol

The 100 plus women that have come forward to support him, known him for decades...many all the way back to high school, where do they stand in all this.

We have Ford and one college roommate that he said they had a falling out back then to match up against 100s of others that say very positive things about him.

It is amazing how a drunkard could be first in his class all honors etc in college, pass 5 or 6 investigations and make it to the highest judicial levels possible.

link   
a reply to: PubertJohnston
You do realise... that Donald J Trump is the president
He, not Clinton, chooses the SC judges, right ?

That a typical 'Trump choice' has created this sheer bedlam, right ?
As with many of his appointees since the inauguration ...
edit on 1-10-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
a reply to: Lysergic

CNN reports...BK lures girls in with beer then wrecks em like a boss. lol

And....

ON A BOAT!!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Willtell

Wow. A post of yours I can largely agree with.

Thanks, I think we all should always try to be fair and just, I think we can agree on that, its unfortunate political leanings get in the way sometimes.
I know it’s hard but we as a nation have to strive for it or our country will lose.

A house divided cannot stand I think Lincoln said that.

Anyway, I hope we can forget the other day, I have no hard feelings.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I doubt this true. I would be inclined to believe it is just another liberal loser crawling out of the outhouse to make a claim .

Besides if it was true they could never get Kavanaugh on perjury anyway .

Even if they had evidence that proves he was lying beyond a reasonable doubt. He could always say he was blacked out and forgot about being blacked out .

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PubertJohnston

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: Xtrozero

He has lied about many other things - small and large, not under oath and under oath.

Is it much more then 'he said, she said"

Kavanaugh's answers to the Senate about the meaning of these yearbook references defy credulity—and directly undermine his credibility.

They suggest he is unwilling to admit the truth about even the smallest of matters. ...anyone prone to such casual lying is not fit to serve a lifetime appointment on the nation's highest court.

After all, if Kavanaugh can't be trusted to tell the truth about even the minor stuff, why should we trust him on anything else?

www.commondreams.org...

for more -

www.esquire.com...

Apparently you are one of those rare people that didn't make stupid inappropriate jokes while a teenager.

Dems really should investigate the nurses. There are verifiable allegations that Kavanaugh exposed his penis to 4 nurses seconds after birth. He didn't talk about that it the hearing. We better demand he retestifies and answers these newest allegations.

I did - I did lots of stupid stuff when I was a teenager and young adult - but - I don't LIE about it.

And the lies are current actions that he is taking - he is lying and 'massaging" the truth in his current testimony.

“I never attended a gathering like the one Dr. Ford describes in her allegation.”

The word “like” is carrying a lot of weight in that sentence, but it's clear from Kavanaugh's later testimony and the personal calendars he submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee that he attended parties like the one Ford describes — up to the point of the alleged assault. More on this below.

and, as examples....

At various points in his testimony, Kavanaugh said that the two male friends alleged to have been at the party, Mark Judge and P.J. Smyth, had sworn under penalty of perjury that the party didn’t happen.

[color=yellow= Both actually said that they didn’t recall the party as described, and Judge’s statement to that effect didn’t carry the weight of sworn testimony. (After Kavanaugh’s testimony was complete, he submitted a letter that met that standard.)

and from the same source, I leaned this tid-bit:

As he began his questioning of Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh on Thursday, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) asked Kavanaugh about a point of procedure in criminal trials.

“As a federal judge, you’re aware of the jury instruction falsus in omnibus, are you not?” Blumenthal asked. “You’re aware of that jury instruction?”

Kavanaugh said he was, but he deferred to Blumenthal for a direct translation. "False in one thing, false in everything,” Blumenthal replied.

“Meaning in jury instructions that we — some of us as prosecutors have heard many times, is — told the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join