It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll shows majority back Kavanaugh when they hear the facts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Interesting . My Poll , taken the other day shows a Majority of SANE , No Nonsense American Citizens , who Number in the Tens of Millions , Believe It Or Not , Can " REASON " without Wearing a Bike Helmet . The Rest of the " Loser Leftist SJW's " in the Democrat Party Opinions are Like Water Under the Bridge , their Always There , and Always Running ............

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: FyreByrd
And, according to another poll:

More noteworthy, 54 percent of Republicans said that they would support confirming Kavanaugh even if it turned out that the sexual assault accusations against him are true.

Only 32 percent of Republican voters disagreed with that sentiment.

www.salon.com...

So, in simpler terms, it doesn't matter to "republicans" (and I assume many others) whether or not he sexually assaulted this woman or any other back then or now.

The sole qualification required is that he is on the Corporations uber alles team.

I think the accusations are a big deal if true. many do not.

I dont think its because he is corporate, i think its because they dont think assault from teenage years that would be expunged from his record by now anyways shouldnt matter. Again, i disagree.

Meanwhile, how many democrats, including media people and democratic senators, believe that innocent until guilty no longer apply (as long as its a political opponent)?

Doesn't matter what you think - you brought up a pole - I countered with a pole.

I'm certain you are a honest, upstanding citizen. We are talking about polling data.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

More noteworthy, 54 percent of Republicans said that they would support confirming Kavanaugh even if it turned out that the sexual assault accusations against him are true.

www.salon.com...

So, in simpler terms, it doesn't matter to "republicans" (and I assume many others) whether or not he sexually assaulted this woman or any other back then or now.

The sole qualification required is that he is on the Corporations uber alles team.

I dont think its because he is corporate, i think its because they dont think assault from teenage years that would be expunged from his record by now anyways shouldnt matter. Again, i disagree.

Meanwhile, how many democrats, including media people and democratic senators, believe that innocent until guilty no longer apply (as long as its a political opponent)?

Doesn't matter what you think - you brought up a pole - I countered with a pole.

I'm certain you are a honest, upstanding citizen. We are talking about polling data.

Right, and then you gave your explanation of what the meant, which was no where in that poll, and I responded.

And the poll I showed discussed how when people hear the facts, it goes from a minority to a majority supporting him.

And I showed how little the media mentions those facts.

Does that trouble you?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

I'm going to enjoy and relish their anger when justice Kavanaugh is sworn in!

And that's only the beginning. There are a couple of additional "October surprises" up President Trump's sleeve.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm going to enjoy and relish their anger when justice Kavanaugh is sworn in!

And that's only the beginning. There are a couple of additional "October surprises" up President Trump's sleeve.

Just imagine how impartial he is going to be after all of this!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The problem is too many Democrats do not listen to (or care about) the "facts". What their favorite liberal media outlet tells them to believe, is all that counts.

What's great, is that Kavanaugh is not in a general election. Only what Republicans in the Senate think, is what will matter when the vote to confirm him is called.

With so many Progs pretending to be Conservative like Flake in the R's, it isn't over yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

This is the DNC , Cowards Who Deserve to be Crushed in Nov .

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Which is why the media isn't releasing polls

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

www.salon.com...

Right, and then you gave your explanation of what the meant, which was no where in that poll, and I responded.

And the poll I showed discussed how when people hear the facts, it goes from a minority to a majority supporting him.

Does that trouble you?

And just what facts are you on about.

I was using the 'whataboutism' approach much favored by ATS members.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

www.salon.com...

Does that trouble you?

And just what facts are you on about.

I was using the 'whataboutism' approach much favored by ATS members.

The facts that all three witnesses cant corroborate her story.

This was clearly outlined in the OP and in the article about the poll, did you read it?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The reason is because the MSM and culture such as tv shows, music, celebrities, etc. have been dominated by people insinuated Kavanaughs guilt while withholding key parts of the story.

I disagree and I would add that a lot of misstatements have been made regarding this issue, including by Kavanaugh at the hearing which I found a bit disturbing given that he's a seasoned Judge who is being confirmed for a lifelong position on the highest court in the land.

You were careful in the OP not to make the same misstatement and kudos to you.

In his opening statement:

Her trademark line is a good reminder, as we sit here today, some 36 years after the alleged event occurred when there is no corroboration and indeed it is refuted by the people allegedly there.

Two more times in the same opening statement:

Dr. Ford’s allegation is not merely uncorroborated, it is refuted by the very people she says were there, including by a long-time friend of hers. Refuted.

Cruz at the hearing goes even further in his mischaracterization, adding "explicitly":

They have not only not — not corroborated her charges, they have explicitly refuted her charges. That’s significant to a fair-minded fact finder.

I noted it the time:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Also, he keeps claiming that the other people claimed to be there by Ford have all refuted her claim. That's a lie. They all said they had no recollection. That's not the same thing. He should know this. He's trying to be a SCOTUS justice for life.

I've seen more than a few headlines in the right-wing media and heard far more pundits, politicians and the like repeating this same exact mischaracterization using the term "refute" and in some cases, "reject."

That's not the same thing as you're phrasing — "can't corroborate" — so clearly you recognize the difference and made the distinction.

Arguing semantics about two words that in this context mean essentially the exact same thing is so pathetic. And you spent so much time and energy to look like an ass.

You and all the Democrats are a total joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

www.salon.com...

Does that trouble you?

Have you ever tried to give these lunatic Democrats "that facts" in this situation? I have....and they simply refuse to listen to anything other than what they hear on whatever moonbat mainstream media source they listen to.

I have lost numerous facebook friends because I dare try to educate them with the actual facts. Not only do I get unfriended but first I get insulted and ganged up on. This from a bunch of low IQ jerks, who believe they are so intelligent and enlightened.

So how do you expect to make some of these clowns LISTEN to the facts? I'm telling you, a good portion of the population just doesn't want to.

And even when they accept that Ford's claims are uncorroborated, they immediately move onto the talking point that "he isn't fit to be on the SC with his temperment" or his drinking...or he lied under oath....

Some people you just can't reach....and so we have....what happened here today..

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So I guess this confirms that the majority of people aren't leftists I guess.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I think this is no longer about Kavanaugh. The true aim is white men (and any race or sex, if you happen to be a conservative).

ABC NEWS: Us white male Christians need to step back and give others room to lead

Read that and tell me you think otherwise.

At no point was this ever about Kavanaugh.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

www.salon.com...

Or people believe that a persons life shouldn't be ruined for teenage groping.

So theres that.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Does that trouble you?

It should. It certainly bothers me.

The charges/accusations are heinous. If true. That being said, where's the proof? I have not seen any. Heard any. I'll I've seen, or heard, is rumour and innuendo. None of which even remotely resembles proof, save in the eyes, and ears, of people so blinded by their ideology, or their hatred, of whatever their primary beef is, whether it be Kavanaugh, or Republicans, or Old White Males, or Trump, or what the heck ever...

Something so simple as a police complaint would lend a lot more weight to the innuendo...still not proof, but the cops are involved now, proof if it exists will be looked for. But nope. No police reports, from any of the women claiming to be victims... That troubles me, too.

Instead of proof, we get told that the Devils Triangle is a gang bang. A demonstrable false hood to anyone who lived in the 80's in high school or college. Boof, however, was a new one for me. So I learned something...or did I--because I'm being told that that isn't what it means...it's something really bad.

How this means a man is somehow ineligible to serve on the high court of the land isn't explained...I'm just expected, apparently, to nod my head like a sun struck cow and go along with it. Proof? I don't need no proof. That trouble me, as well.

I've come to the conclusion, that much of this episode in partisan warfare troubles me.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

That should concern us.

How impartial a jurist is he going to be after this mugging?

Were I a senator, I would want to talk to him, prior to the vote. Just to find out where his head is at.

I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he weren't sure about it, but I wouldn't vote for confirmation, either... In that, the Democrats may have, if he's confirmed, cut their own noses off, to spite their faces.

...and they'll have no one to blame but themselves, not that they will, of course...their self-righteous demagoguery will be proof against any guilt.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
it is really disturbing there is so much to hide nowadays. I have hardly seen a topic overused to that extend.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Polls and stats from the media show just how polarized people are, really it just shows us how many of us have the thinking done for us.

edit on 5-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join