It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could MAG. 8.2EQ In Greater Los Angeles Southern California San Andreas Rupture be Catastrophic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Everyone is SO wrapped and hanging on every word out of Washington DC it's nice to see you break away from your daily programming only to find the word COULD and IF

So remember this for the rest of you life: Keep Calm and Read On, THEN Conclude, Pass Judgement, Decide your position.

And many of us are here because we're sick of being lied to by DC, and would rather get to the truth here on ATS instead. So why continue the lying by bringing it into ATS, what should be our collective zone of truth?

This is ridiculous, and I hope the thread gets taken down. There's no way this is kosher with our T&Cs.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Your title did not match the source you provided.

That is the point of the posts.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yes. It makes a huge difference. Now it matches the title of the article you cited.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm truly sorry for giving a scare to you and yours BUT DO you really believe every thing you see and read on the internet instantly??

Ya'll will have to be more discerning that that This is ATS a CONSPIRACY website NOT MSM......

Title Corrected- Does it make a difference?

Yea it makes a difference It says "could" so I could have skipped it as it is basically saying what we have known since the 70's and certainly the 80's. A huge earthquake could hit LA , guess what so could one hit Seattle or Memphis for that matter.

LOL and I enjoy articles like this but only in their proper prediction context.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is for the rest of your life: Communicate clearly the first time so that you don't create unnecessary issues with other people--and aid in keeping people calm by not lying and implying some catastrophic event has happened.

You can keep repeating that it's our fault that you're getting called out for your click-bait, (intentionally) misleading OP title, but we aren't the problem, here, as much as you continue to shift the blame. It's like I tell my 15-year-old son: Communication skills matter.

Also, you didn't correct the title like you should have; it should be the title of the story in your link. Adding "could" just makes it illegibly confusing now, so, yes, it made a difference, just not a good one.

#CommunicationSkills

Time to move on...but, damn...come on...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
WOW the power of ONE single word yup you are coming along nicely Phase one programing almost complete preparing for phase two.....

Kidding aside & three pages of comments but have you GOT MY POINT ?? "Instant Conclusions" Non-discriminatory thought process or response....... think about it......

So i knew the original title would bring a # storm it was on purpose and it proved gold but am sorry about people freaking out but really expand your sources a bit before jumping to conclusions.

refer back to this next week btw

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm truly sorry for giving a scare to you and yours BUT DO you really believe every thing you see and read on the internet instantly??

Ya'll will have to be more discerning that that This is ATS a CONSPIRACY website NOT MSM......

Title Corrected- Does it make a difference?

It would have perhaps if you didn’t try to excuse the original bad form of the click bait. Guess you just can’t help yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Im in Northern California, the southern part of the state slipping in the ocean, would be so great, as long as it takes Fienstein, De leon, Pelosi, Newsom, Brown, sanctuary cities and all the illegals with the land slide. If we dont get an equake soon then Im thinking it would be nice to have a border wall at the top of the grape vine, the rest can belong to Mexico.

I am so sick of the Heroin, Meth, Homeless, and Crime. Bye Bye So. California. So California is a cancer.

edit on 1-10-2018 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2018 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

WOW the power of ONE single word yup you are coming along nicely Phase one programing almost complete preparing for phase two.....

Kidding aside & three pages of comments but have you GOT MY POINT ?? "Instant Conclusions" Non-discriminatory thought process or response....... think about it......

So i knew the original title would bring a # storm it was on purpose and it proved gold but am sorry about people freaking out but really expand your sources a bit before jumping to conclusions.

Totally incorrect conclusion. Lots of us have family in CA. Your title was the emotional equivalent of yelling fire in a movie house.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I am so sick of the Heroin, Meth, Homeless, and Crime. Bye Bye So. California.

You need to stop hanging around skid row. There are nice places in Southern California, you know.

Besides, you know that the San Andreas is a sliding fault, and a big earthquake is just going to push us up closer to you. Or in another scenario, everybody who survives the big one here will flood the non-sunken part of the state as refugees.

P.S. -- I always understood that it's either heroin or meth. Mixing the two is a really bad idea in a whole carton full of bad ideas.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

LOL I wrote so much more but deleted it. I'll just ask does ATS have an ignore button? LOL never had to ask that since Ive been on

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I lived in So. Cal for years, Simi Valley, Legacy Collection, Chip n Dale Rd, Wood Ranch around the corner from the Reagan Library. Ive not been to skid row, Ive seen the best of it, so I can only imagine the worst of it. Let it slide, let it slide, let it slide all the way into the ocean.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fire in a movie house ???? Not even close..... this is the internet again - "Instant Conclusions"

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

originally posted by: Plotus
And a load of spam.... but here's a hint, we really don't care about cali much. So there's no love lost if it all slides off into the sunset.

Now I'm off to Burger King for the two fer $6 Wopper deal....

That is not the first time I heard someone say that. I always think to myself sure people but what about kids... geez
Yea spare the righteous indignation, crap and needle filled streets...

• In 2014, some 157,350 abortions were provided in California, though not all abortions that occurred in California were provided to state residents, as some patients may have traveled from other states; likewise, some individuals from California may have traveled to another state for an abortion. There was a 15% decline in the abortion rate in California between 2011 and 2014, from 23 to 19.5 abortions per 1,000 women of reproductive age. Abortions in California represent 17.0% of all abortions in the United States. I'm sure the numbers are much higher now.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The San Andreas fault is not capable of an 8.2 earthquake. Its max would be about 7.3 7.4. Its not the right kind of fault for a big quake like that. Not that a 7 would be a walk in the park either.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

no never mind. not worth it..

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

were any of them your kids? Then dont friggin worry about someone else's uterus.
You have your kids or not and others will also or NOT. Not your business. AT ALL

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Can this argument apply to firearms?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Plotus

were any of them your kids? Then dont friggin worry about someone else's uterus.
You have your kids or not and others will also or NOT. Not your business. AT ALL
Quite a cavalier tone..

Consider this www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Aahahahahah from EQ's, thread title's, ...... and now abortion???? lol how did that happen? lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join