It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahood on Lazar 2018

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Tom Mahood returns with a 2018 take on the Lazar saga that is probably the best I've ever read -- and I've read just about all of them.

Please read carefully and offer any thoughts you might have. With the upcoming documentary, I think Mahood is exactly the person needed to provide proper real-world perspective. Tom was there on the ground, talked to a lot of folks, kept his head screwed on straight despite all the nonsense. This explanation and supporting logical reasoning pretty much put this whole saga to bed as far as I'm concerned.

www.otherhand.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Excellent article and well worth the read. Thanks for pointing it out. The interesting point here is that the article ties all the pieces together. I've read lots of "anti-Lazar" material in the past that simply criticizes him or calls him a liar, but no one has offered up an answer to "why?" which is what this article does. It makes sense in context.
edit on 10/1/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dogshark

as a fan of the lazar-story i now have to rethink some things.(:
it makes sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It always was a great story and alas it seems thats all it was, unfortunately there still appears to be enough wiggle room as it looks like there was a project which to this day is still shrouded in secrecy though

Given Groom’s primary mission involving radar measures and countermeasures, my sense 20 years ago was that they were testing something possibly for use in radar spoofing. However the fact it apparently still remains classified today (an important element in the explanation of Lazar’s tale) suggests maybe its purpose was something else, perhaps an attempt at a Star Wars-type weapon.

The belief it was plasma being dumped into atmosphere at regular intervals and that is what Bob was able to show and video with friends giving him his "credibility", for me excluding Bob there still holds a small possibility it may have been UFO related, maybe a defense device, who knows......cue X-Files music

S+F great thread/OP

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how much of this information will be ignored in Corbell's up-coming "documentary" on Lazar.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Read the first paragraph and couldn’t continue. No matter where you stand on Lazar... this guy has had it out for Lazar for years! Let me write s blog from an Engineering perspective telling you Lazar is 100% correct... see... I can do it to! Guys a joke to be honest. He’s been refuted so much it’s sad to see people taking Mahood as gospel

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dogshark

When it comes to UFO's and alien technology anything can be disinformation including this article. The government employs extremely intelligent physicists who can easily refute claims by whistle blowers like Lazar and others. They can disclaim and use technical terms that are above par with the majority of Americans. Ever listen to a computer geek when you have limited knowledge on computers? It's an easy thing to do. After all, Project Blue Book was devised to do just that. Except for the fact that Josef Allen Hynek realized overtime not all sightings and evidence could easily be explained away.

We can take Lazar's story out of the mix of many government whistle blowers, but there are still many other UFO related government encounters that can't easily be explained away. It seems like the more attention a particular encounter or sighting has, the more the government tries to dis-inform the public. (The credibility such as military personnel not being able to discern between a light house beam and something else is really ridiculous). The people are tools of the government and many of us refuse to question their official stories when credible witnesses are sounding the alarms.

What it really comes down to is this, nobody knows the truth unless they themselves witness an encounter themselves or there comes a day when extraterrestrials make their presence known to the masses. Our government is quite good at covering-up information they don't want the public to know.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EngineerGuY

Let me write s blog from an Engineering perspective telling you Lazar is 100% correct... see... I can do it to! Guys a joke to be honest. He’s been refuted so much it’s sad to see people taking Mahood as gospel

I'd like to see you pull that off. Can you post some links showing Mahood refuted?

This is my first time running across him but his detective work seems pretty sound and goes beyond the engineering angle. Seems to me his theory fits the evidence better than anything else.

Jeremy Corbell might want to rethink his Lazar docu and I'm wondering why George Knapp--being an investigative reporter--failed to come up with some of the details referenced within.

And, hey, I've kept an open mind on Lazar but the Mahood piece makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Read the first paragraph and couldn’t continue. No matter where you stand on Lazar... this guy has had it out for Lazar for years! Let me write s blog from an Engineering perspective telling you Lazar is 100% correct... see... I can do it to! Guys a joke to be honest. He’s been refuted so much it’s sad to see people taking Mahood as gospel

You haven't read the article but you criticize it? What research have YOU done on Lazar? How do YOU explain his degrees from CalTech and MIT with professors who don't exist? If you have researched Lazar and put some effort into it, if you have written a blog from an "engineering perspective" showing "Lazar is 100% correct," let's see it. But you haven't done that, have you? So who is more credible? Someone who has researched the issues and given a probable explanation and incorporated the Lazar facts (such as his W-2), or someone who just kind of likes Lazar for no particular demonstrated reason?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Jeremy Corbell might want to rethink his Lazar docu.

Or he'll just include another fish tank, as he did for Lear and Patient 17 - I don't know the meaning the fish tanks, but I like to believe it signals that 'This is probably a load of old bollocks'.

Or 'all at sea', to use another metaphor.

edit on 1-10-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: The GUT

Jeremy Corbell might want to rethink his Lazar docu.

Or he'll just include another fish tank, as he did for Lear and Patient 17 - I don't know the meaning the fish tanks, but I like to believe it signals that 'This is probably a load of old bollocks'.

Or 'all at sea', to use another metaphor.

Okay wasn’t going to touch this thread but you’ve got my interest what do you mean include another fish tank?

I’ll check out the link and keep an eye on the thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I’ve worked in Aerospace Engineering for the DoD most of my life. While I won’t get into my past, I can tell you some of the things he mentioned about Area 51 are true. Only a person who’s been there would know. I’ve not been, though I have flown on a JANET to TTR more times than I care to count in my career. I’ve spoken with many employees who have worked and currently work at Area 51, several of which are close friends. They are mixed on The whole lazar story. I’ve been impartial for the most part. Half of me believes it, the other half is hesitant because of his lake of a paper trail (College). I don’t have a dog in this fight... but I can tell you Mahood isn’t to be trusted. Make up your own minds on Lazar.... there’s no right or wrong on this topic.
edit on 2-10-2018 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I’ve worked in Aerospace Engineering for the DoD most of my life. While I won’t get into my past, I can tell you some of the things he mentioned about Area 51 are true. Only a person who’s been there would know. I’ve not been, though I have flown on a JANET to TTR more times than I care to count in my career. I’ve spoken with many employees who have worked and currently work at Area 51, several of which are close friends. They are mixed on The whole lazar story. I’ve been impartial for the most part. Half of me believes it, the other half is hesitant because of his lake of a paper trail (College). I don’t have a dog in this fight... but I can tell you Mahood isn’t to be trusted. Make up your own minds on Lazar.... there’s no right or wrong on this topic.

Did you read the article? The author suggests Bob maybe had been there, but not for the reasons claimed.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don’t have a dog in this fight... but I can tell you Mahood isn’t to be trusted.

I'm not familiar with Mahood. Can you elaborate on why you say that he's not to be trusted?

On a side note---there's a blog entry on his site about Black Triangles that is mildly interesting. Not much on it but intriguing if true.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well I've come across one head scratcher in Mahoods article.
In the process of debunking Lazars "jet car", he links a PDF regarding Gluhareff pressure jet engines making the point that Gluhareff didn't make any engines with an output greater than 130pounds of thrust.

Mahood writes....
"A problem arises when you read the Monitor article’s report of the claims Lazar made for the jet. The claim it produced 1,600 pounds of thrust (derated down to 800 pounds) is highly improbable. The largest engine designed by Gluhareff, the G8-130 produced only 130 pounds of thrust, and was huge (see page 4 of the PDF on Gluhareff jets I linked to above for a sense of scale of that engine). The photos in the Monitor article show an engine roughly the size of the G8-130, so where’s all the extra thrust coming from? As far as I know, Gluhareff never designed anything with thrust as great as Lazar claimed."

Yet on the same page 4 of the PDF that he mentions to illustrate his claim of 130 pounds of thrust limit if you read a little further you'll find this.

From page 4, PDF.
" In 1984 he finished his comparatively "giant" G8-2-350 and G8-2-700 engines with 350 and 700 lb of static thrust respectively."

Which as far as I'm concerned kind of puts the kibosh on Mahoods claims debunking Lazars jet car? YMMV.

I enjoy Mahoods writing and tbh I've never really bought into any of the fantastical claims of Lazar and co but I spotted this big hole in Mahoods debunk which I felt has a minor impact on his credibility as a researcher.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i still think that the bob lazar was brainwashed theory is more plausible

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I’ve worked in Aerospace Engineering for the DoD most of my life. While I won’t get into my past, I can tell you some of the things he mentioned about Area 51 are true. Only a person who’s been there would know. I’ve not been,

Not only have you not read the article, you have not been there? Wow. So you know what he said is true how, again?

And is that not the essence of disinformation? You put stuff in your story that others recognize as true so people such as yourself can recognize the true parts and jump to the conclusion that it's all true. Since you are a professional in the field you have high regard for the stuff you know thus making it even easier to fool you. I don't think anyone has denied that Lazar was on site, but that doesn't mean he saw aliens. It also doesn't explain the lack of verification of his two degrees and inability of anyone anywhere to remember him as a classmate and his inability to even remember his teachers or exactly when he graduated, not even the year. Do you know the year you graduated? I sure do! The teachers he does remember turn out to have been a junior college teacher and one back in high school, where Lazar graduated in the bottom fifth of his class. He may be brilliant, but that kind of record does not get you into MIT or CalTech. That does not make sense right there, and the fact that no one has ever heard of him and that there is no record pretty well seals the deal. His degrees are fake.

The thing about this article is that it puts things in context. Why did Lazar have a W-2 (for like a whopping $700)? Why was he listed in the phone book as a sub contractor? How did he make his connection with Teller? How did he finesse not going to jail or even being eliminated? The story makes some sense and ties together these loose pieces that have been hanging there for decades and bothering people. The fact that you are an Aerospace Engineer is laudable and I congratulate you, but that doesn't make you an expert on Lazar, and given that you haven;t even read the article we are discussing, I can't see how your criticism is the least bit credible.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogshark
Tom Mahood returns with a 2018 take on the Lazar saga that is probably the best I've ever read -- and I've read just about all of them.

Please read carefully and offer any thoughts you might have. With the upcoming documentary, I think Mahood is exactly the person needed to provide proper real-world perspective. Tom was there on the ground, talked to a lot of folks, kept his head screwed on straight despite all the nonsense. This explanation and supporting logical reasoning pretty much put this whole saga to bed as far as I'm concerned.

www.otherhand.org...

I got about 80 percent of the way through the article. I'll read the last small bit tomorrow so I get all the information. However, it seems to be a lot of conjecture and theory, and information is presented that conveniently fits into the story in order to discredit it. One big one is the particle beam.

"So let me be completely clear: The glowing orbs seen in the skies over Groom Lake by Lazar et al were NOT “craft”, they were plasmas generated by operation of a high powered proton accelerator dumping its beam into the atmosphere. And…..Lazar knew this."

Did he? And is there proof that this particle beam operated on each Wednesday at the time he would take friends out to see 'the lights'? And is there proof that this proton accelerator produced a particle beam that would result in the plasma effects that are being described? Where is the proof in some of the information being presented here as fact? Were the lights slow moving or did they exhibit typical zig zag motions or indications of intelligent control? What about the strange events such as his car being broken into with no signs that it was compromised? Still lots of questions that go unanswered with proven facts.

I'd love to know 100% whether Lazar's story is true or false and see data that presents facts one way or another, but this article ain't it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I’ve worked in Aerospace Engineering for the DoD most of my life. While I won’t get into my past, I can tell you some of the things he mentioned about Area 51 are true. Only a person who’s been there would know.

Or someone who actually worked there, told him. Lear likely knew many people who really worked at the base, I am sure Lazar did as well, through Lear or otherwise. Including his "friend" whose wife(?) worked at the real S4/Site-4 radar facilities east of Tonopah Test Range.

but I can tell you Mahood isn’t to be trusted.

And you know this... how?

Make up your own minds on Lazar.... there’s no right or wrong on this topic.

Yes, there is. Facts VS bullsh*t. Facts win.
edit on 7-10-2018 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
did Bob ever post here? i still think there was something fundamentally true about his story. maybe details were changed/misconstrued/exagerrated over the years (by design or accidentally). maybe i'm wrong and he was a complete charlatan. i wonder does he still speak or write on the subject(s)?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join