It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangrene-causing bacteria could treat late-stage cancers – study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

the ground-breaking study saw late-stage cancer patients’ tumours injected with spores of a modified bacterial strain related to the lethal hospital superbug, clostridium difficile.

The first phase of the study involved 24 patients with solid tumours that had become resistant to existing treatments such as chemotherapy.

...for the remaining 22 patients, this new type of “bacterial therapy” instead attacked the cancerous tissues causing them to become necrotic and shrink.
Source

A new potential cancer treatment has been discovered. Scientists injected a dangerous bacteria into the tumors of 24 patients, causing the tumors to become necrotic and shrink. This particular avenue of research has a way to go, however, as one patient developed severe sepsis, with another developing "gas gangrene".

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have an autoimmune disease that, as part of its action, overproduces a protein that is designed to kill cancer, signal necrotic tissue for removal, and guard against sepsis.

Im told that this is like a godsend gone awry (because it attacks all manner of other systems and locations).

Now I am going to hav eto spend time researching the science behind the OP claim. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In the next ten years there is going to be a boom of cancer treatments… It just can't come sooner. It does give hope though.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

the ground-breaking study saw late-stage cancer patients’ tumours injected with spores of a modified bacterial strain related to the lethal hospital superbug, clostridium difficile.

The first phase of the study involved 24 patients with solid tumours that had become resistant to existing treatments such as chemotherapy.

...for the remaining 22 patients, this new type of “bacterial therapy” instead attacked the cancerous tissues causing them to become necrotic and shrink.
Source

A new potential cancer treatment has been discovered. Scientists injected a dangerous bacteria into the tumors of 24 patients, causing the tumors to become necrotic and shrink. This particular avenue of research has a way to go, however, as one patient developed severe sepsis, with another developing "gas gangrene".

I know they feel there is a long way to go but 20 out of 22 patience didn't have any bad side effects and if these people are terminal then they should go not slow but push forward and try to fix it along the way. Give terminal patients a choice in this case. It might kill a few terminal people but it would save so many more.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
In the next ten years there is going to be a boom of cancer treatments… It just can't come sooner. It does give hope though.

Agreed. So far I've lost a couple friends and loved ones to cancer. I'd hate to see another go and we know time is of the essence. Hopefully a treatment comes soon.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

... "gas gangrene"....

Surely the hospital(s) involved would have very fast access to a hyperbaric chamber for hyperbaric oxygen therapy needed to arrest gas gangrene.

I was told about a patent undergoing open abdominal surgery, developed gas gangrene during the surgery. Surgeons stopped the surgery and moved the patent into a hyperbaric chamber immediately.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Absolutely fabulous. We have progressed from using "treatment" derived from mustard gas stockpiles that became irrelevant after WW2 ended, to using a potentially lethal bacteria. You just can't make this stuff up.

edit on 1/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We keep hearing about promising cancer studies yet they're still using Chemotherapy that has shown it can shorten the life of cancer patients and actually weaken them to the point that the treatment kills them! If these cancer studies are proving to be so promising, let these treatments be administered to late stage cancer patients who are losing hope!!! These late stage cancer patients are deeply depressed and are just waiting to succumb to this evil organism. The U.S. needs to start allowing cancer patients to sign liability waivers so they can receive the hope and possible cure they desperately need to survive!

Any family that has gone through watching a loved one steadily decline due to cancer can relate to wanting to give anything to their loved ones in hopes to save their lives. What better research than to apply these new treatments to actual patients who would be more than willing to try anything to help preserve their life? Even if these treatments prove to be ineffective, at least these cancer patients can die knowing they had a vital impact on removing this deadly disease from humanity.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They used tuberculosis as a treatment of last resort to treat bladder cancer. The latest treatments for melanoma work using immunotherapy:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

My wife cured her cancer naturally (cannabis oil, apricot kernels and more) all info at Cancer Beaten Naturally on FaceBook.
In Canada Rick Simpson (Run from the cure... on youtube) proved that cannabis oil cured cancer. He contacted the Canadian Gov't....nothing happened except the RCMP raided his crop. He contacted Cancer Canada (huge fund raiser, 55% goes to office expenses), he said, "I found the cure , no need to spend millions of dollars looking for a cure". They sent Rick a form letter....Thank you Mr. Simpson we don't look at natural cures. They would rather show bald dying children in ads used to raise more $'s for the cancer industry.
I was lucky and found many cures. When my wife was sick in 2015 we were pleasantly surprised to find that Ty Bollinger talked about all my cure finds except one, Aloe Aberscens. (info at FB group above.) Finding the Bollinger's info sure bolstered our confidence in our plan A. When we had the 1st appointment with the Oncologist my wife had 6 out of 15 blood 3's out of range. She had non hodgkins follicular lymphoma. (worst kind,3 lymph nodes around her stomach) The Dr. said their plan was to wait and see because if their treatment did not work now it wouldn't work later....huh? Good thing we had plan A. 3 months later our cures left us with one, one! blood factor slightly out of range. Less than 6 months all were normal, no cancer. This year my wife met a retired nurse that actually worked with the very same oncologist before we went to see her, The nurse said no one that had Louise's type of cancer ever went to in the hospital with it and came out cured. The oncologist just rolled her eyes and walked away when we told her what we were doing on our own...NEVER asked the details for other patients!!!
God Bless the Bollingers and Rick Simpson.

new topics

top topics

join