It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When A Vogon Torments A Man Of Steel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Shooting death warning!!!

This is a Vogon.

This is a Man of Steel.

This is where the Man of Steel was forged.

And this is the torment.

Of course this case was not as straightforward as the press made it appear, because at his trial it transpired that Albert Dryden had been victimised, humiliated and degraded by planning officers over a long period of time. It was revealed that a reporter was pressurised not to publicise details of the victimisation of Mr Dryden because the planning officer was a friend of the Chief Constable of Durham, and a brother Mason.
www.doverdistrictcouncil.com...

Council officials in the UK sometimes make work for themselves by dragging out planning disputes, creating false hope and extending suffering for those caught up. It's a very short step from there to sadistically tormenting the characters who try to live a little differently. I could mention Albert Drydens's little differences included coming to the attention of the RAF when his home made rockets showed up on their radar. Harmless innocent fun.

On the occasion that led to his arrest he had launched a very large rocket in the vicinity of an RAF Vulcan bomber which was flying at low level over Derwentside and Weardale.
gunfire-graffiti.co.uk...

Tormenting the Man of Steel had tragic consequences.

Vogons everywhere have had the opportunity to learn from this tragic case.

Albert died recently. The question of remorse is hotly contested. Having personally experienced the suffering caused by Vogons who take pleasure in drawing out planning disputes, I would counter with the question, 'How many of them show remorse''?

May the Vogon rest in peace and may the Man of Steel rust in peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Launching large rockets is considered harmless fun now?
Sweet can’t wait to fire one off downtown to increase everyone’s fun.

Man of steel is lucky he didn’t get turned into a colander of steel.
a reply to: Kester

edit on 1-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

There is a similar, albeit more extreme example, oddly causing fewer deaths, of a fellow who built an armoured vehicle out of a plant vehicle and some compound materials of his own manufacture, and did millions of pounds in property damage, before offing himself when his rig suffered a mechanical fault and ground to a halt.

When people make peaceful revolution impossible, they make violent revolution inevitable. This seems to have been an example of just such a thing. Its very sad of course, but it would do politics in general a great deal of good for those engaged in it to be more afraid of the people than they are. It might induce them to make choices which benefit us, rather than decide things to our detriment.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's not just council officials. It happens in universities as well.

I did a PhD which was based on computational imaging and 3D computer graphics. Basically a blue sky project starting from nothing. After three years, it was agreed I'd get to keep the 3D graphics bits (which was the high profile work at the time and the research direction I wanted to go in), and the lab would get the computational imaging bits. Which was a fair deal. But after publishing in an international journal, one of our alumni students got a bit jealous and demanded that I hand over *ALL* my work over to him. I refuse, my professor backs me up, he raises hell with the chain of command. Next thing I'm being told to hand the 3D work over to another student. I point out I've signed a contract and so they end up dragging my thesis out for four years and block me from publishing papers. When I moved back home, my storage company manage
to "lose" my belongings - they're not lost, they just can't find them.

That leads to me being unemployed for a year and a bit until I find work abroad. During that time, I also ended up paying out over £20K in PPI payments to my bank - which I eventually did get back after legal action. But this blocked me from personal career development until I went abroad. Even after returning to the UK, that didn't stop a certain individual from pulling strings and fiddling about with my project assignments in my last project with a defence company. That ended up completely bolloxing up that project. Strangely enough the institution involved has had their art school burned down twice now. The only safe way for me to continue my career is to work as a freelancer or emigrate.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't think they decide things to our detriment, more about their own personal gain
Otherwise totally agree

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There is a similar, albeit more extreme example, oddly causing fewer deaths, of a fellow who built an armoured vehicle out of a plant vehicle and some compound materials of his own manufacture, and did millions of pounds in property damage, before offing himself when his rig suffered a mechanical fault and ground to a halt.

When people make peaceful revolution impossible, they make violent revolution inevitable. This seems to have been an example of just such a thing. Its very sad of course, but it would do politics in general a great deal of good for those engaged in it to be more afraid of the people than they are. It might induce them to make choices which benefit us, rather than decide things to our detriment.

That was the "Killdozer". The person in question had a large plot of land which he used as a self-employed business running a garage. His neighbour was a cement production company and needed space to expand. If they had offered him a fair price (covering the loss of future earnings for his remaining years in business), everyone would have been happy. But they just offered him the market price of the land at present So he couldn't sell up. The council took the side of the cement company and they tried to run him out of business. Which leads to war... and him building the killdozer which caused more damage to the town to repair that it would have cost to pay him a fair price in the first place.

There is also the case of Michael Chudley and the murder of James Ward:

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 1-10-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Note to self: When people from the UK accuse Americans of being rednecks be sure to mention Albert Dryden; a man ostensibly born on the wrong continent entirely.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
RESISTANCE IS USELESS, RESISTANCE IS USELESS. Sorry I had to. Having dealt with planning people all my working life I can tell you that they are all power crazed little Hitlers. They really love to "exercise" their authority and they can make your working life miserable and cost you thousands.
Now they are not the ultimate, that is the domain of the Planning Inspectorate. And all of that is more inspectors that crap in the same pot but if they are brought in you can't approach them , you can't talk to them, they look and go away and you get a letter in due course with them agreeing with the local planners.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

i own my land 50 acres and i will do what the hell i want on it with the planners permission of course

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Note to self: When people from the UK accuse Americans of being rednecks be sure to mention Albert Dryden; a man ostensibly born on the wrong continent entirely.
We’d proudly take him and call him one of our own for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So it's like the BLM killing this guy?

Noice!

Good show UK!

top topics

join