It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada agrees to changes in NAFTA Looks like a win win for everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
U.S. - CANADA JOINT STATEMENT
theconservativetreehouse.com...

USA = Winning!

edit on 10/1/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thank you for admitting this would never have happened unless Trump pushed for it. Seems to be an overall win for everyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would hold off on the celebrations until this is ratified.

It's nice that they have all come to terms, but at least two of the players have some uphill battles to fight, internally, to secure ratification. One of which, I am not sure he will be able to do so. Sadly, my hunch is large enough on his fight that I have placed bets on him loosing it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Still, as more language is deciphered, this is looking to be a HUGE WIN. I don't understand the nuances of trade, but apparently having the "NAFTA Loophole" closed, is a Big Forkin Deal, according to:

theconservativetreehouse.com... e-agreements-with-third-parties/

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Oh, it's certainly a win for the US, which is precisely the problem for PM Trudeau. The news of how big of a win it was for the US dropped the same day as a provincial election for 1 of 2 Canadian provinces that have the power to tank any ratification.

That province responded to the news by electing the CAQ (full majority to boot)...definitely not who the federal Liberals wanted to win.
edit on 2-10-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It was a win all around according to... the Toronto SUN. Probably the most conservative rag in Canada.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It was a win all around according to... the Toronto SUN. Probably the most conservative rag in Canada.

Not the most conservative, but they have to declare it a win, or they have to go against Scheer's demands to wrap up negotiations. They have no choice but to be pro-USMCA at this point.

But, no, it is a dismal day for Canada, unless the ratification gets shut down.

Honestly, I am embarrassed that our government even accepted some of these terms in principle, let alone in an "almost final draft". And, yes, I have already called Payette and asked her to not sign, but she is "hands off", and not overly interested in what actually happens here. Hopefully, some of my compatriots in Quebec are chewing her a new one right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

But, no, it is a dismal day for Canada, unless the ratification gets shut down.

Would you be so kind as to explain why please?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Are you saying Trump was not the driving force for this? Who was?

It was all Trump's fault when he canx the first NAFTA as people screamed "he going to ruin us all" Now that he got a better deal I guess we can say Obama did it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
People are going to # when they find out that a part of the new trade agreement is for Mexico to build the wall... just saying...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

On a related note water continues to go over Niagara Falls. Trump wins again.

Hell Yea!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join