It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches missiles into Syria to hit terrorist bases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Farsnews on twitter is reporting that Iran has fired missiles on Syria in response for the Miiltary Parade attack
twitter.com...

My concern is, people believe the last bastions of rebels are being supported by the US out of bases the US has spread of Syria..

If Irans launching missiles at the terrorists, potentially they're now firing on US

I cant find my info on it yet..
edit on 1/10/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well, this could be a real game changer for the New World Order.
I think that this could be the grease that hits the fire.
www.timesofisrael.com...
"One missile shown on state television bore the slogans “Death to America, Death to Israel, Death to Al Saud,” referring to Saudi Arabia’s ruling family. The missile also bore in Arabic the phrase “kill the friends of Satan,” referring to a verse in the Quran on fighting infidels."

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

www.aljazeera.com...

The attack took place at 2am local time and targeted the bases of "takfiri terrorists" backed by America and regional powers in eastern Syria, the statement said. Iranian officials often use the word "takfiri" to describe Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) fighters.

The powerful military force said at least six missiles were fired into Syria. It added that seven drones were also used to bomb rebel targets during the attack, which killed a number of fighters and destroyed supplies and infrastructure used by the group.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had said the deadly Iran attack was linked to the United States' "allies in the region".

sounds like an escalation..

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Multiple news outlets are running the story.

A few state that two of the missiles crashed shortly after take off, no one reporting if the remainder reached the target. Some drone strikes followed the barrage.

I doubt any U.S. forces were directly targeted, just a show of force to save face at home in response to the parade shootings.

Mg

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Farsnews on twitter is reporting that Iran has fired missiles on Syria in response for the Miiltary Parade attack
twitter.com...

My concern is, people believe the last bastions of rebels are being supported by the US out of bases the US has spread of Syria..

If Irans launching missiles at the terrorists, potentially they're now firing on US

I cant find my info on it yet..

The questions are the following :

Who are the terrorists?

Who can define rebels and terrorists between each entity?

Why should the USA be considered a victim « so to speak » on a war that no one asked the USA to intervene in yet again?

Just an honest question to those who want to take time to THINK first and answer!?

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 1-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The missiles supposedly hit an IS-held town. The same territory is currently under attack by SDF/US forces.

So they are actually supporting US with that strike. Although afaik it is unknown whether they've actually hit something at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

The missiles supposedly hit an IS-held town. The same territory is currently under attack by SDF/US forces.

So they are actually supporting US with that strike. Although afaik it is unknown whether they've actually hit something at all.

« Supposedly » is the word defined... so NOT ACTUALLY...!?

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The Iranians are also claiming the missile strike was followed up by UCAV strikes, I’m highly skeptical of their estimates of damage caused by the strikes.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
The Iranians are also claiming the missile strike was followed up by UCAV strikes, I’m highly skeptical of their estimates of damage caused by the strikes.

See my posts above😀

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
According to the reports I've seen, the Iranian drone looks like a reverse-engineered version of an RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

See my posts above😀

We’ll see whether it was successful or not if they release the drone footage which I doubt they will, if they wanted a propaganda win they should have had a drone on station prior to the launch of the missiles from Iranian territory to have live battle damage assesment. Might have to settle for some post missile/drone strike footage, time shall tell. We all know Iran loves there BS propaganda being caught many times faking success, they’re going with the fake it till ya make it military power plan....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
According to the reports I've seen, the Iranian drone looks like a reverse-engineered version of an RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

Link to picture or footage? I don’t see why they’d need that advanced of a UAV to get the job done as shorter ranges UCAVs could easily be launched by Iranian forces in Syria proper, I’m guessing they wouldn’t bother with the an RQ-170 especially considering the RQ-170 is just a surveillance bird with no strike capability and I doubt the Iranians have changed that even IF they have a flying 170 clone....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It was a report on Syria.liveuamap.com

Here is a link to the specific report. There's a short video there, but it's not clear where that came from.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It was a report on Syria.liveuamap.com

Here is a link to the specific report. There's a short video there, but it's not clear where that came from.

That footage doesn’t look or sound quite right IMO part of the time it sounds like a jet like a RQ-170 Cline would and then the other half it sounds like a prop driven drone, also conflicting information some are saying it’s the captured bird that they used and others saying it’s a reverse engineered clone. I’m not buying this angle of the story, thanks for the info though I’ll try to dig into further.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Who are the terrorists?

in this case - everyone who isnt syrian

Well, its looking pretty clear that the Russians opened corridors for the rebel fighters and terrorists to leave enclave after enclave and go to Idlib. They successfully flushed all the 'fighters' into this one town. The Russians and Syrians have been offering amnesty to all who surrender since the beginning, those who decide to stay in the town now are considered the last of the fighters.

Who can
Why should the USA be considered a victim « so to speak » on a war that no one asked the USA to intervene in yet again?

they arent - they shouldnt be there, this whole thing is a manufactured conflict. but the men on the ground, have families and lives and goals.. nobody deserves to die!

Who can

Just an honest question to those who want to take time to THINK first and answer!?

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 1/10/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

See my posts above😀

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

See my posts above😀

Dejavu?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Who are the terrorists?

in this case - everyone who isnt syrian

Well, its looking pretty clear that the Russians opened corridors for the rebel fighters and terrorists to leave enclave after enclave and go to Idlib. They successfully flushed all the 'fighters' into this one town. The Russians and Syrians have been offering amnesty to all who surrender since the beginning, those who decide to stay in the town now are considered the last of the fighters.

Who can

they arent - they shouldnt be there, this whole thing is a manufactured conflict. but the men on the ground, have families and lives and goals.. nobody deserves to die!

Who can

Kindest respects

Lags

Totally agreed mate.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

My son will be there in about 12 months time....

#ting myself as I went through the same....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

My son will be there in about 12 months time....

#ting myself as I went through the same....

Thank you for you and your sons service, he’ll be in my prayers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join