It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic Sinking - Documentry Shows No Relationship with Federal Reserve Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The program blurb.

New photos of the Titanic’s construction and launch have come to light after having lain in a suitcase for decades. They reveal a whole series of shortcomings which contributed to the ship’s tragic sinking, including poor workmanship and substandard steel. But the most shocking revelation is that a fire in a coal bunker caused serious damage to the hull.

A couple of years ago there was video doing the rounds on this site which I watched and believed but in the light of this documentary I no longer accept that it was sunk deliberately to stop some very wealthy men attending the meeting at Jekyll Island where the Federal Reserve was being hatched.

We can only go on best information but best information now tells a different story.

My notes I took part way through the program.

A researcher noticed some inward buckling in the hull of the ship in photographs taken as the ship was moving away from the wharf. Oddly enough there was a fire in the coal bunkers even before the titanic left the port in Britain. They never told any of the passengers of this fire. This inward deflection was where the fire was in the coal bunker.

The stokers made little head way against the fire and the fought the fire by shoveling the burning coal in the bunker into the boilers. This used up a more coal than planned.

A stoker gave evidence that one of the bulkheads heated up to such a temperature that where the bulkhead met the hull, the bottom of the bulkhead was buckled. A short time later the bulk head ripped open and a stoker saw a burst of water and green foam come though the crack in the bulkhead.

The evidence of the stokers at the enquiry matched the conclusions of the engineers who reviewed the evidence.

Using a newly-devised CG technique to animate these extraordinary images, this program brought to life the building of the Titanic to life as never before.

The captain had increased speed in order to beat the record of the crossing from Britain to the US. By the time the stokers had extinguished the fire a lot of coal had been used up and so the captained decided to maintain speed in order to reach the help of the other vessel 1.5 hours away. This was also because the captain also knew there were no near enough lifeboats on board due to cost cutting during construction.

While the Titanic stuck the iceberg the actual damage along the hull was relatively minor, it was enough to cause the ship to sink.
The Titanic broke in half while it sank and it was estimated that it sank at a speed of 80km/hour.

Link

or

www.sbs.com.au...#/program/16142302

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why and how did the coal fire start?

Was it deliberate? Sabotage?

Still lots of unanswered questions and I doubt we will ever know the full story.

P

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The whole thing was just one of the biggest coincidences in the history of civilization.

⚖💸

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Why and how did the coal fire start?

Was it deliberate? Sabotage?

Still lots of unanswered questions and I doubt we will ever know the full story.

P

The documentry did not go into that. The first show was followed by a second show that used technology to electronically stripped away all the water and enables detailed study of the hull.

It seems the cause was that although the bulk heads were designed to be water tight, they could not be relied upon to be so at all times unless the controls in place were rigidly complied with.

Something happened to one of them which I cannot now remember what but one of the bulk head spaces filled with water. It was one side of this bulk head space that split due to extreme heat of the steel.

Once steel gets white hot it weakens and so it ripped open when it got white hot.

This apparently sealed the fate of the ship and caused the captain to go full steam ahead to try to reach the rescue ship that had enough life boats to save all those aboard the ship. However it sank before it could get there.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The whole thing was just one of the biggest coincidences in the history of civilization.

⚖💸
`

It certainly id in respect of the creation of the federal reserve.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well, I've been interested in the Titanic since before the JC movie was made. I was reading books and watching every documentary I could find about it as of 1995. Remember when it was found. I was in 3rd grade I think. Was fascinated with it from that moment.

Anyway, I have grown suspicious of the whole thing and at this point, am not really sure I believe anything they have said. Something seems off. Like the fact that the whole continuing saga of "New evidence has revealed previously unknown details about what happened that night...." Like every couple of years they claim they've found something else.

Why? Because the public is still interested in a ship that sank 100 years ago? OK. That's fair enough. The public should still be interested in 9/11 but we hardly ever hear about it anymore. And it hasn't even been 20 years.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Cool find! The conspiracy this is said to debunk, was seemingly a conclusion by an author-with added info, images, etc, for anyone unfamiliar. Which it may have just been that, a book written to sell for him. It's all more fantastical and interesting being a ship that was switched with the inferior Britannic, of the Olympic ocean liners. Add in the Fed story for bonus points.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Interesting.

I've seen pieces of this theme before, specifically about the fire.

To answer a couple questions here...

How did the fire start? Coal fires are pretty easy to start, especially in boiler rooms like the one onboard the Titanic. They were basically shoveling coal up off the floor into an open furnace, so there's lots of opportunity for hot embers to come out of the furnace and light the coal on the floor on fire. Once started, a coal fire is very difficult to extinguish because it makes its own oxygen (or doesn't require it, can't remember which). This is why coal seams at coal mines can burn for decades and never get put out.

No, I doubt it was sabotage. Pretty risky thing to sabotage. They were lucky they didn't have a coal dust explosion and not just a fire. Coal dust is highly explosive.

To the OP...a couple minor nautical corrections. A "bulkhead" is usually a wall of some type, it's not a 'compartment' or space. Bulkheads separate the compartments (spaces) on a ship. Hatches (doors) are what allow access through bulkheads. The Titanic was theoretically 'unsinkable' because there were numerous water-tight compartments. However, the procedure you referred to was a protocol to keep all the water tight hatches closed so water couldn't move from one compartment to another.

The compartments on the Titanic ran transverse across the beam of the ship. There wasn't any significant compartments on the 'side' of the ship (or maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying).

A serious fire most definitely could have weakened the structural integrity of the ship. Now we can use the term "bulkhead". If the bulkheads ruptured along the side of the ship, then water could easily flood one compartment from another. In fact, this is what actually caused the sinking of the Titanic regardless of what version of events you choose.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The docos are:

Titanic: The New Evidence

Drain The Titanic

sbs.com.au

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for saying what I was trying to say about the bulkheads and yes, what you have said basicly got said in the doco.

thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
juiist to point out - the coal bunker fire is in no way a new revalation - it was known at the time - but they sailed without taking any action

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
juiist to point out - the coal bunker fire is in no way a new revalation - it was known at the time - but they sailed without taking any action

That's because the owner of Titanic did not want to delay her maiden voyage because of the bad publicity the ship company would have suffered which might have caused it to lose future passengers and go out of business becauses it was in financial trouble at the time. The person ultimately responsible for all the deaths was the owner and his greed.

top topics

join