It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughing at the spirits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Has a spirit or ghost ever made you laugh?

Years ago, before I was a medium. I was experiencing many things.

The room I slept in was the place most encounters happened. One night, I couldn't sleep. There were noises from all over the room.

A tap here, a knock there, slight ping in the corner etc. This went on for hours. Then I realised there was a pattern. It started at one end of the room and went all around the room. As if someone was walking round the room touching things. It was every 15-20 seconds roughly.
I listened for a while, following the pattern.

It was around 5am when I got fed up and said 'Is that the best you can do? Either do something good or go away and leave me alone.'

It all went quiet.

I started to drift asleep when my phone buzzed. Made me jump as it was right next to me on my bedside cabinet. It was a text from my best friend.

It read: WTF? I was sleeping in my living room cos i'm sure there's something in my bedroom. I was on the couch sleeping when the window blew open and my blinds flew across the room. Seriously WTF? I'm outside my house now.

I laughed out loud and went to sleep, saying 'Nice one'.

I don't know what happened that night but if it was just a coincidence, it was still funny.

Speaking to him the next day he really was scared and stayed outside for a while until he was too cold and had to go back in. He stayed in that house for a few more years and nothing else happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nostranova

We lived in an old two story once that was built in the south when there was still slavery going on. There was a separate room, for instance, that had the slave's kitchen behind the master's kitchen and a set of stairs that went to the basement where they slept in little rooms.

We never got any bad vibes from the place (I can tell you horror stories of places we did) so we moved in.

There was a bathroom off of the second kitchen that my wife used. It was closest to her craft room.

Now my wife is odd in that when she hangs a towel up on the shower curtain rod, it always has to be perfectly hanging... corner to corner exact, edges exact. It's... weird.

So she would come into the bathroom while doing chores and the towel would be on the floor. She would hang it back up and not think about it.. she was busy!

One day she realized that she had hung that towel up twice in the space of 10 minutes.

So she hung it up, walked to the big kitchen and walked back.

It was on the floor.

Exasperated, she hollered "Just stop that!!!" and hung it up again.

It never fell again in the few years we lived there.

Another thing was the noises down there at night... we would wake up to a rattle, the creak of the stairs to the basement. I would go down, look for raccoons and such, close the door to the downstairs and go to bed.

Eventually I realized that it was always open when I looked.

It was a really old door latch with a handle that the wife liked, so instead of replacing the hardware I just put a sliding lock on the top of the door.

It would always be unlocked after the noises.

Eventually, I put a hasp and latch on it and locked it with a master lock.

On my 3AM prowl downstairs to find the noises, the lock was laying on the floor and the door was open.

I had the keys in my purse.

So we left the door open from then on and never had any noises at all.

I do believe that we don't know everything and there is somehow a presence left in some homes.

Some of them are tricksters.

So thank you for the OP and yes, there are sometimes where things I don't understand make me giggle.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I never had an experience with a ghost making me laugh, but I'm loving this thread already and will be reading along.

edit on 1-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you, I enjoyed that. I think maybe that was their room/their door lol.

The room I was sleeping in was attached to an old school. There were various incidents over the years. The most unusual was when I returned home from a night out, getting undressed when the front part of a drawer on my bedside cabinet just fell off. I'll deal with it in the morning I thought and continued getting undressed.

I then heard a bang and looked down. A lighter was lying on the broken bit of the drawer. I stood for a few moments trying to understand what just happened. I don't smoke, never have. None of my friends smoked. I have no idea where the lighter came from.

Another time, I turned my computer on. The mouse didn't work, neither did the keyboard. I turned it off and on. Nothing.

I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in. Still nothing.

I tried another mouse but it didn't work. I didn't have another keyboard to try. After turning it on and off a few times I was about to give up. I was on the floor pulling all the cables out when a ball of light, about the size of a tennis ball, shot up from behind the computer and disappeared.

I turned the computer back on and...…………….it worked fine.

I just sat there, saying 'what was the point in that?'

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nostranova

I was staying at the house of a collector. He had collected dozens of small china ornaments and displayed them on a set of shelves above the cast iron bath. I think you can see where this is going.

It was usual to hear sounds all around the house at night in a pattern similar to your experience, a presence making itself heard.

One night, as my friend went to bed, I said "I'm going to try to wake up early tomorrow." At four o'clock the shelves detached from the wall and fell into the bath. I woke up early.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
no, i am always repectful to spirits.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

If they joke it's respectful to laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

didnt you ever laugh thinking it was a joke and no, it was not?
edit on 1-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The spirits can have a sense of humour and are playful. So yes, it's ok to laugh sometimes.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My Hauntings, Few, Are Not Funny...

But I Do Remember Thinking I Was Smarter.
And Guess What?!?

I'm Not Smarter.
It Only Took Me 15 Seconds To Realize You Don't Mess With The Spoookies.

top topics

join