It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavenaugh is the embodiment of elite white male privildge IMHO & prepschool mentality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Guys chase girls because they want sex. Girls let guys catch them because they want sex too. I don't like all that running around so instead of chasing girls I set traps, but it all works out in the end. No one wants to come right out and say it so we invent lots of devious machinations to achieve our goals without tarnishing our halo. (haloes, halo's, haloii ? Whats the plural of halo anyway...)

Teenage guys are stupid. They use silly words for body parts and functions. They snicker when having chicken for dinner and someone asks for a breast. Give them a few beers and they will redefine stupid for you every time. Add girls to the mix and you get the Olympics of stupid. From upperclassmen in high school to freshman at college does anyone really expect a huge leap in maturity? Maybe, after the thrill of self-supervision wears off and reality sets in.

Navigating the teen years in regards to sex is tough for just about everyone. The first time I kissed a girl I almost knocked both our teeth out. I had my eyes closed and I forgot how close she was...plus I wanted to make sure I got the kiss before she changed her mind. There was some velocity involved. I didn't know what a 'fast' date was.

Anyway, amidst the banged up haloii and the damaged self esteem we managed to make it through. Now imagine having your whole awkward teenage years displayed in the most minute detail and poured over by vultures looking for anything they can use to shred your reputation, and the whole thing happening on live television for the world to see. Sounds like fun, huh?

There is your white male privilege.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Never did I say that. Where did I say I am supporting one or the other?
Leaning towards one side isnt taking a side. It's also a lot more tame than most people who post here. So quick to judge and accuse and out words in my mouth.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Never did I say that. Where did I say I am supporting one or the other?
Leaning towards one side isnt taking a side. It's also a lot more tame than most people who post here. So quick to judge and accuse and out words in my mouth.

Yes you a`re leaning one way without evidence.

And you brought up rape which she didnt allege.

I also dont discredit rape so easily.

So you did say what I claimed.

But again, i am just asking you to clarify, you mean alleged sexual assault, not rape, correct?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not taking sides but I also dont discredit rape so easily. There hasnt even been a formal investigation. And from what I have seen so far. She's got a pretty solid case. All he's done is just sit there and lose his cool and deny. And he's supposed to be a judge?

It's not about discrediting rape. It's about looking at her story.

What hard facts does she have? Which ones have remained consistent across all her major tellings? Which of those she named have come forward to back her version of events, any version?

All she has is her story, and not even one solid version of that.

You don't have to discredit anything. She's done it to herself.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

So you make a disgusting post about privilege
( how do you know these guys? Sounds like you're running in privilege circles to me)
And then you don't even have the balls to back your post up... Hahaha

So I take the o p as you got your ass kicked by football player and still haven't gotten over it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Not taking sides but I also dont discredit rape so easily. There hasnt even been a formal investigation. And from what I have seen so far. She's got a pretty solid case. All he's done is just sit there and lose his cool and deny. And he's supposed to be a judge?

Solid case? Doesn't know when. Where. Any details. And the 3 witnesses she says were there all deny it including her lifelong friend.

There is zero case. What in the world has you thinking this is a strong case?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What in the world has you thinking this is a strong case?

I'm going with CNN and screaming at a bloke in an elevator.
edit on 30/9/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Solid case? Doesn't know when. Where. Any details. And the 3 witnesses she says were there all deny it including her lifelong friend.

There is zero case. What in the world has you thinking this is a strong case?

I think it's that shes openly a Democrat. That is all the "strength" some people need regarding these allegations. After all, NO Democrat woman would EVER lie, right?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Don't Doxx me!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

Not really relevant to anything unless you are the type that just groups certain people into a nice little box so you can label them... 

Like you and liberals/leftists/progressives? You're one of the worst offenders around so don't mind me thinking this statement is a "little" ironic.

I am not lumping where people went to school together as a group.

I am lumping people of the same political ideology together as a group.

Because unlike where you attend school, people of the same political ideology do, by definition, have the same ideology.

Ironic indeed... you don't understand that.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My generation knew about "preppies"

The Van Husen and sweaters over the shoulders and color matched socks in deck shoes.

I knew kids in HS that was destined to be, tho. lol

I don't remember if I knew any personally, not going to a proper college and all but I knew and hung with Trusties. lol

$$$$ kids/people.

Greenwich CT, Boston, NY, Miami. Lofts and places all over. Gold cards and connections the FBI would love. Relax, I'm sure everything has been settled.

"NO, I can't meet you in NY, I have to work! Won't make the Keys either but bring me back something nice! Call me when you're back in Boston"

Never had I seen any of them do anything immoral or illegal.

Guys or gals.

One of the funniest things I remember, this was over 40yo, was on the beach being teased saying loudly, "My Father wouldn't have Anyone Killed!" LOL.

Cracks me up to this day.

I was a working stiff and paid my own way. I like to believe they respected that and not just a pretty face.

Back to Kav, I have been around lots of people in some sort of power and there is always someone who "talks"

Ya hear this, ya hear that, it's BS unless there is evidence.

People love to hear the worst scandalous BS ever and pass it on as gospel.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"I hate people that were born into a rich family."

Good for you.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure I explained what I meant when I said he embodied "elite white male priviledge" and am kind of surprised that I would have to as it is as clear as day.

He grew up going to a very expensive prep school in one of the most elite areas in DC. He hung out at CC country club (Chevy Chase - not the actor...) which is a really awesome club where you will know very clearly if you are not welcome. It's an awesome place to be for the holidays and I'm guessing the summer is pretty great at the pool. Awesome golf course, tennis, beautiful attendants & drink girls driving the beer cart around and a very picturesque locale where you would never think you were in a metropolitan area. Just going in there it's like you can smell the $$ and, when I was there, I don't think I saw too many darker skinned people, though it was the holidays and private parties.

This place is very similar to some of the places I went West of Philly and some of the clubs in North County (north of San Diego) and some private plantations in South Carolina. All of these were considered very elite establishments and I got to know the people who went to them either personally or through work. Sure there were some great people but most all seemed to have a very quick attitude change when things weren't going their way. It's was often exactly like Jekyll/Hyde.

Many of the people I went to school with came from this background and though they were so much smarter than everyone else because they had good GPA's from a "good prep school" but what became appearant was that these grades didn't mean much and their skills were years behind most of the public school kids with much lower high school GPA's. This was always a source of contention between some of us as we were accused of cheating or whatever b/c how could lowly public school kids be years ahead of them in academic performance, even though many of use later found out that many of the prep school kids shared secret files of all the notes, test, projects, exams, etc for many of the professors, passed down from one year to the next at our college from alumni of their prep school. I always wondered why some of them would do just about anything to get a specific teacher for a class - they always said it was because "they are such a good teacher" or "they are the easiest teacher" - which is true I guess, for them.

There was a lot of hate unfairly heaped on me for my post and I get it, lots of you are either defending the idea that there is "white male privilege" but I'm not arguing that there is, I'm talking about "ELITE" privileged, and from my experience it was mainly male, due to my sex, but it also extended to females of the Elite as well. Saying things like "should I feel bad because I started off ahead of a lot of other people in life" is a dumb thing to say because you have no idea why you started off ahead of other people, most likely because someone in your family used other people as stepping stones on the way to where they are. Those who don't want to admit it are only hurting themselves and mark my words, it will only fester and the results will come back exponentially worse as time goes on. The worst thing you can do is to think you go there on your own "by hard work" and that others failed b/c they didn't work hard. That is a sick and disgusting way of thinking. Sure there are examples of this, but for the majority, that is not the case. IT IS the system that holds much of the people back (white, black, yellow, red, green, blue, pink, poor, middle class, upper middle class, etc.) and Kavanaugh embodies this system.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join