It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump doesn't really want Kavanaugh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Has anyone thought about this for a minute.

There is a business practice, ask for something big, crazy or outlandish, and when it doesn't work, you ask for something small and everyone agrees and is happy. The whole goal is to get the something small but you go though the whole process because most people wouldn't just agree with the small right away. I wouldn't doubt for one minute that any politician, or Trump would throw someone under the bus to achieve their goals

Trump has been oddly calm regarding Dr. Fords accusation of Kavanaugh. Some think he has been this way because he has had sexual allegations against him and didn't want to hurt Kavanaugh's chances. I don't think so, he has been so outspoken in the past. Yes he has cheered on Kavanaugh, but he has also said a lot of things about Dr. Ford that were unexpected too. I'd say if anything he has remained somewhat neutral.

If you follow the events he says he's for Kavanaugh, then says he wants to hear out Ford, Then asks why she waited, then says everyone needs to hear her speak, then supports Kavanaugh, then says Ford was a credible witness, then supported Kavanaugh.. See where I'm going.

The question I'm looking at is what if Kavanaugh does not get confirmed. I'm not questioning if he is innocent, if he is guilty, if she is lying etc.
I am simply asking what if. Who is next in line, would the backlash from his not getting confirmed fan flames so more people will vote a certain way, or not vote.
Is the end goal to get a woman in the seat, to get someone even more conservative with a squeaky clean past. I think that is the question that should be asked. All I have to say, is research the people next in line....

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 30-9-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

people.com...
Trump Doesn't Like When Men Cry
edit on 30-9-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think Trump isn't worried because he have it all at this point.

The FISA declass, the midterms, "Russian collusion". The Dims are being exposed big time to the whole world.

It's like beating a dead horse. Just let the FBI investigate and prove that they're all a bunch of creepy liars.

ETA: Yea, big surprise. He's a hard ass.

edit on 30/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Trump can't win no matter the argument, supports Ford and he is dismissing justice and truth whatever the outcome is, supports Kavanaugh and he is dismissing every woman who has been abused
He is supporting both and will let the outcome be what it is
No doubt that you are right partialy but as a game plan, doubt it...

(post by OccamsRazor04 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Personally, I have always believed that POTUS pick of BK was specifically to bring something to light. I do not know what that is, cannot even begin to speculate on what that might be..... but from the day he announced his pick, I have not been able to shake the idea that Trump wants the Dems to demand more and more be investigated and disclosed, and that THAT something will not end up playing in their favor.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

I feel the exact same way.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I disagree. I don't think Trump has given up on Kavanaugh. If he had, you'd see the GOP leadership trying to distance itself from Kavanaugh, but instead, the opposite is happening. I think there's a better than even chance that he wins his confirmation vote.

But, assuming that Kavanaugh fails, I do think the replacement pick will likely be a woman so as to prevent the same line of attack from being used again. My guess is Diane Sykes, who would likely be the easiest to cram through in the remaining weeks before the election and, if necessary, in the lame duck session afterward.

Then again, Trump might roll the dice on Barrett or possibly Grant in hopes that they would fire up the base and help drive conservatives to the polls next month.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No Agenda guys have been saying it's been part of the plan for Kavanaugh to fail as a slap in the face to the establishment and he's going to pick the female to replace him

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why does he need to rant and rave at this point? Seriously.

The Republican “leadership” has taken it on themselves to out-Trump Trump. When Republican politicians have turned into your own pack of baying hyenas there’s no need to keep screaming what you want to be true on Twitter.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This supposition makes no sense. Because of timing and possibly a change of Senate leadership Trump had to pick his best shot.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

For your theory to work, Trump would have had to known before anyone else that these accusation would be leveled at Kavanaugh.

In terms of Trump's 'uncharacteristic' reaction to all of this, why get in the way of a train wreck, when the left is doing all of the driving? What the American public has witnessed over the past two weeks has pushed many in the center AND even on the left to finally shake their heads in disgust at the Democrats. Trump isn't likely to tamper with that gift.

Speaking of train wrecks...

In Rare Move, ACLU to Oppose Kavanaugh for Supreme Court

“The ACLU opposes the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. There are credible allegations that Judge Kavanaugh has engaged in serious misconduct that have not been adequately investigated by the Senate. Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s credible testimony, subsequent allegations of sexual misconduct, the inadequate investigation, and Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony at the hearing lead us to doubt Judge Kavanaugh’s fitness to serve as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.

“This is not a decision taken lightly. We cannot remain silent under these extraordinary circumstances about a lifetime appointment to the highest court of the land. The standard for such an appointment should be high, and the burden is on the nominee. That burden is not met as long as there are unresolved questions regarding the credible allegations of sexual assault.”

So the very organization whose mission statement it is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States" has substituted its own judgment for the due process rights afforded under the constitution, changed the burden of proof to the accused, and now fully endorses the notion that a political body (Congress) can publicly destroy a man on nothing more than an accuser's unsubstantiated allegations from nearly 40 years ago.

What a freaking joke!

Why would Trump ever want to get in front of that? The left is finally showing their true colors, and EVERYONE should be terrified by it.

edit on 30-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Trump needs Kavanaugh because of Kavanaugh's belief in near-absolute executive power. Including the ability to pardon himself. That's why Rod Rosenstein wasn't fired last week, because Trump needs to be able to break the law in his favor and Kavanaugh is the kind of justice that will let Trump do that.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think OP is looking too much in to this. From a business and professional standpoint Trump brings up obvious and glaring points. If he doesn't stick with his original pick it will make him look indecisive and weak.

The runner up for the position will be anxious and dismayed on future hearings narrated by the media juggernaut. All this boils down to imo Democrats exhausting everything they have retain waning power, influence and control from an awakened American public.

Which by the way was championed here not long ago and predicted post 9/11.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think OP is looking too much in to this. From a business and professional standpoint Trump brings up obvious and glaring points. If he doesn't stick with his original pick it will make him look indecisive and weak.

The runner up for the position will be anxious and dismayed on future hearings narrated by the media juggernaut. All this boils down to imo the Democrats exhausting everything they have to retain waning power, influence and control from an awakened American public.

Which by the way was championed here not long ago and predicted post 9/11.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Trump wants Kavanaugh. He wouldn't have chosen him if he didn't. Kavanaugh still might be approved.

The reason he's calm is because if Kavanaugh doesn't work out, Trump still has a list of candidates he can choose from.

This stuff about Trump needs Kavanaugh so he can get totalitarian power is a bunch of nonsense.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Has anyone thought about this for a minute.

There is a business practice, ask for something big, crazy or outlandish, and when it doesn't work, you ask for something small and everyone agrees and is happy. The whole goal is to get the something small but you go though the whole process because most people wouldn't just agree with the small right away. I wouldn't doubt for one minute that any politician, or Trump would throw someone under the bus to achieve their goals

Trump has been oddly calm regarding Dr. Fords accusation of Kavanaugh. Some think he has been this way because he has had sexual allegations against him and didn't want to hurt Kavanaugh's chances. I don't think so, he has been so outspoken in the past. Yes he has cheered on Kavanaugh, but he has also said a lot of things about Dr. Ford that were unexpected too. I'd say if anything he has remained somewhat neutral.

If you follow the events he says he's for Kavanaugh, then says he wants to hear out Ford, Then asks why she waited, then says everyone needs to hear her speak, then supports Kavanaugh, then says Ford was a credible witness, then supported Kavanaugh.. See where I'm going.

The question I'm looking at is what if Kavanaugh does not get confirmed. I'm not questioning if he is innocent, if he is guilty, if she is lying etc.
I am simply asking what if. Who is next in line, would the backlash from his not getting confirmed fan flames so more people will vote a certain way, or not vote.
Is the end goal to get a woman in the seat, to get someone even more conservative with a squeaky clean past. I think that is the question that should be asked. All I have to say, is research the people next in line....

www.nbcnews.com...

people.com...

Trump has outsourced the selection of Federal Court nominees to the Federalist Society. They have a ton of pre-screened candidates waiting in the wings, all with similar qualifications. Trump doesn't have any loyalty to anyone including, IMHO, Kavanaugh. If Kavanaugh can make it through the current kerfuffle then Trump will accept that. If Kavanaugh doesn't pass the current screening process, he will suddenly withdraw his candidacy in order to "save his family from embarrassment", etc. Trump will then just plug in the next name on the list that the Federalist Society gives him.

One name that has been mentioned is Judge Amy Coney Barrett, from the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, based in Chicago. That would side step a lot of the current issues with Kavanaugh.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Kavanaugh was not the MOST conservative choice, on his list of 27 potential SCOTUS nominees.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Exactly!!! He wants a conservative!!! Did you read my OP???

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Trump can't win no matter the argument, supports Ford and he is dismissing justice and truth whatever the outcome is, supports Kavanaugh and he is dismissing every woman who has been abused
He is supporting both and will let the outcome be what it is
No doubt that you are right partialy but as a game plan, doubt it...

Amy Coney Barrett is up next if Kavanaugh falls through. The Dems won't have any choice but to confirm a female nominee after what's been done to Judge Kavanaugh.

I've got to disagree with your open "Trump can't win" - supports both sides, looks impartial. A crime oriented FBI investigation (as opposed to a character background check) proceeds to differentiate between crimes committed during this confirmation process, and by whom. Unsubstantiated, uncorroborated allegations - and testimony that's blatantly inaccurate (impossible 1982 cell phone) will be identified.

In the end, as Biden said decades ago, the FBI report will not draw conclusions. That's for the attorneys at the DOJ to decide - and yet another test of political influence and intimidation. For example, FBI may say some testimony or public statements are "non factual" ("lies" is to raw for an FBI report) - but probably would not associate a criminal charge, although it might be identified as unlawful or criminal activity. Charges are the purview of the DOJ and we're all aware of the situation there...

ganjoa

top topics

join