It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL cold open. of course its the Kav hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
this is pretty funny.
Matt Damon as Kav
Kate Mckinnen as Lindsey Grahm

an Alyssa Milano cutout as Alyssa Milano

i am sure most wont like it cause jokes are off limits and if you make fun of someone you can not support them but here it is.

i think they nailed it

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I didn't watch Kavanaugh's testimony but that was funny.

Damon was good, the 'female' prosecutor was good and Alyssa has never looked so good.

"I LIKE BEER!"

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

I didn't watch Kavanaugh's testimony but that was funny.

Damon was good, the 'female' prosecutor was good and Alyssa has never looked so good.

"I LIKE BEER!"

it would be much funnier i think if you watched the testimony.
they did a good job with this one

hahahahaa

i need to get a shirt made that says gone drinking with Squee

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It was funny but still in poor taste but SNL is the pinnacle of poor taste these days.
Oh and social engineering and all that. Can’t even watch Comedy Central for a laugh because they keep making everything so political and one sided.

Bring back in living colour or something.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
It was funny but still in poor taste but SNL is the pinnacle of poor taste these days.
Oh and social engineering and all that. Can’t even watch Comedy Central for a laugh because they keep making everything so political and one sided.

Bring back in living colour or something.

most things people dont really agree with are n 'poor taste'

i dont even know what that means.
if things are funny then they are funny. thats it

nothing should be off limits.

i am disgusted with the way the hearing went and i think it is an attempted career/political assassination against Kav.
this video does not change my mind but i think it is hilarious.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am not offended but didnt think it was funny

Here we have harvey weintsein pal matt damon, who has been attacked by the metoo movement, making fun of a guy for defending himself from these allegations.

Its it funny how all of the comedians, celebrities, and media people, who palled around with accused sexual assaulter or even rapists for years despite knowing of the accusations now get on their moral high horse about a guy who is accused with no evidence against him whatsoever?

Maybe snl could do a skit making fun of all of the people that have been on their show that applauded or defended admitted anal rapists of a 13 year old girl roman polanski.

And I wonder why the didnt have an actress making fun of Dr. Fords testimony? Oh that wouldnt be funny at all, that would be victim shaming!

This is all about politics, and its not funny at all to me.

I am not saying I am offended; its comedy they can do what they want.

But the real humor from this comes from the outright hypocrisy and attempts to use their platform to influence political outcomes.

Snl hasnt been funny for over a decade.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

This was hilarious! I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt. Matt Damon nailed it. I'm glad I watched Kavanaugh's testimony. I don't think it would have been nearly as funny if I hadn't seen what they parodied. Given that the testimony was Thursday, they put this together pretty quick too.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty disgusted by the whole debacle too. But SNL kept it light and apolitical -- so kudos to the writers.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

*snip*

Why did you watch it then? I didn't because SNL hasn't been funny in decades.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

*snip*

I dindt watch it on snl.

I saw a video of it posted.

I watched it to laugh at the hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If you want to pick it apart and view it through political paradigm, then it will obviously lose it's humor but for what it is, I think it's funny or has its funny parts.

I think we all prefer the SNL of old, and I tend to agree with Chevy Chase with regards to today's SNL, which I haven't watched in years because it is a 180 from what I liked.

Good comedy hints at the truth, and while everyone in that skit and probably all who work on SNL are liberals and would disagree with me politically, I still found humor in the skit --- although it was 5 minutes too long!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

*snip*

But can you play the clip over there in Canada?

I'm just getting a message "the uploader has not made this video available in you country".

Can't find it anywhere else on youtube either... Which sucks, cause I'm a little tipsy and was kinda looking forward to watching something that could only be funny while drunk.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

As funny as it can be considered, it's improper. This man and his family are going through a very bad situation just because some crazy women and unscrupulous democrats/liberals/anti-Trump want to destroy US.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nope. I get the same. I think YT has changed something lately. That's the second time in 2 days this has happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nope. I get the same. I think YT has changed something lately. That's the second time in 2 days this has happened.

Their probably blocking us foreign devils... As an attempt to stop us from meddling in the midterm elections.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I made the mistake of leaving my tv on after the football game ended.
When I came back in the room I saw a few minutes of the supposed comedy sketch..

I didn't find it funny at all.
The subject matter is not funny.

The political climate today has made comedy difficult.
Ask a stand up comedian....

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And I wonder why the didnt have an actress making fun of Dr. Fords testimony? Oh that wouldnt be funny at all, that would be victim shaming!

that would have been funny too

imagine Dana Carvey coming back to SNL to play her for this skit.
would have been great.

agree with what you are saying about political points and hypocrisy.
100%

does it make it not funny though. at least not to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

As funny as it can be considered, it's improper. This man and his family are going through a very bad situation just because some crazy women and unscrupulous democrats/liberals/anti-Trump want to destroy US.

yes he is going through a lot

that does not mean he or the situation should be off limits for a joke.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

that would have been funny too

imagine Dana Carvey coming back to SNL to play her for this skit.
would have been great.

agree with what you are saying about political points and hypocrisy.
100%

does it make it not funny though. at least not to me.

Oh yeah, humor is subjective. Just about nothing should be off limits to me. I have no problem with people who found this funny, i just happened to find the hypocrisy funnier than the skit.

Perhaps they could have gotten snl pal hillary clinton to play ford. I mean a woman who attacked alleged victims of sexual abuse playing one would have been great! Her lawyers could have been played by meryl streep and her god weinstein!

It would have been a hoot!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

i dont disagree with you at all and the hypocrisy is a laugh. we see it all the time especially these days.

i guess i just dont dive in that deep on everything.

now i wish Carvey would have been there playing Ford. would have been much better

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Maybe if they would have had ford distracted by her smart phone checking her go fund me page...$$$$$$$

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join