It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Guard Sees Apparition-Security Camera Captures Bizarre Incident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So refreshing to watch a ghost video that convincing. The security guy made it a bit harder to debunk. Someone should do some history research about this place.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Hiya KG, I've actually had a couple of weird *spooky* experiences over the years and my reaction was similar to the guy's. One time it felt like something was right behind me coming down the stairs at work. The hair was standing up on my neck. I stopped and turned around and then turned the lights out and stood in the dark trying to *see* anything. There's a jolt of fear and yet it's still realistic to stay grounded and curious.

On another occasion, the something on the stairs was immediately followed by what sounded like a voice saying, "Oh." That one crept me out and I was packed up and gone after two minutes. Otherwise, I take the view that ghosts (or fevered imaginations) don't do anything so it's safe to stand your ground and test your senses.

Like you, gut says he's genuine and the rest is all subjective.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For the last year I've been experiencing something similar between me and my monitor(s) . It looks like a cloud of smoke/fog - very faint - passing across the screen. My head isn't moving, no windows in the room, nothing to cause a reflection. It would happen multiple times a day. At first I thought I had dirty glasses but only once was there any slight bit of dust on them, and that doesn't make an entire area (4ft wide by 3ft high) look like fog. I have A LOT of paranormal in my house over the last 10 years. This video is almost exactly what I had been seeing, but mine wasn't close to the floor, it was about 30" off the floor, above my desk/table.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
10 to 1 it's a photographic artifact.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Most likely it is a reflection of headlights passing across the glass doors.

Or someone inside the building under the camera with a focusable flashlight like a mag light. A tool that I would expect any security officer to carry with them.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Cool- I want to hear more about your spooky experiences! I'll take a look through your threads? Commendable that you actually turned out the lights after one, to see if you could discover more. I wouldn't have done that, even if I'd had another person with me, I don't think!

edit on 30-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: Tour/your

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I haven't posted many paranormal threads and only one with a personal experience.

I spent most of my childhood in a home where many have experienced spookiness. Probably because of my innate agnosticism, I get rattled by experiences and then slowly start to rationalise what happened. Needless to say, the family home is quite old and had a history of weirdness before my parents moved in. Voices in empty rooms, TVs turning on, footsteps on stairs, things being moved etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
DoD using civilian security checkpoints to test active camouflage on warhounds

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
one of the more blaffing videos i have seen in a while, the fact that he saw it makes me think that this is a genuine case

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Bet this is some viral campaign for 'vape naysh', pull ya head in h3.

Some other theories, half baked ball lightning, small fire in some electrical circuit, something blasting infrared such as a remote to the security camera and those guys working long night shifts get bored and creative... Small torch shining on the computer screen which is then recorded completed with bored night shift guy acting it up.
Who knows, we need the original security files off the computer, not re-recorded with another camera.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Seems to me there are a lot of people in denial.

For those of us who believe, we have to stick together. We know what we've seen and we don't have to prove sh*t to anyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Who knows, we need the original security files off the computer, not re-recorded with another camera.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Some security! He watched the ghost tip toe across the room and escape. LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
For the last year I've been experiencing something similar between me and my monitor(s) . It looks like a cloud of smoke/fog - very faint - passing across the screen. My head isn't moving, no windows in the room, nothing to cause a reflection. It would happen multiple times a day. At first I thought I had dirty glasses but only once was there any slight bit of dust on them, and that doesn't make an entire area (4ft wide by 3ft high) look like fog. I have A LOT of paranormal in my house over the last 10 years. This video is almost exactly what I had been seeing, but mine wasn't close to the floor, it was about 30" off the floor, above my desk/table.

if you get moments of foggy vision then the first thing to think of isn't anything paranormal.

Have you spoken to someone and had any checks done with your eyes or any neurological tests that may influence vision ?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I saw it right away: the hazy figure walking past the security station and down the hall.

I find the guard's reaction very convincing. He stares in disbelief for a while, then he has a bit of freakout, like he's thinking "Hell no! They do NOT pay me enough to chase after ghosts."

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ghost kitty wants to go outside.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Is this some sort of paranormal event? I don't know. Could be. If this one is a hoax, it's a good one.

All I can say is I was always pretty skeptical about ghosts until a little over a year ago. I am no longer skeptical, based on my own experiences. I can no longer simply dismiss the claims of others, unless it's a very apparent hoax.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Is this some sort of paranormal event? I don't know. Could be. If this one is a hoax, it's a good one.

All I can say is I was always pretty skeptical about ghosts until a little over a year ago. I am no longer skeptical, based on my own experiences. I can no longer simply dismiss the claims of others, unless it's a very apparent hoax.

I think it's legit based on how the guard reacts.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've investigated the paranormal for years,so I am a (skeptical) believer. Most of the time what seems paranormal is something normal that's misinterpreted or misunderstood.

I had to watch the video multiple times to even notice the movement, it wasn't very obvious at a glance. I'm not sure what to think, although I tend to be suspicious of most any photo or video. They can be faked, and they can be misunderstood as well

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now, there are "para" normal things that go on in Chicago. I had one happen to me in Chicago. In 2003, my girlfriend and I had tickets to see Simply Red at the Chicago House of Blues. We had a hotel just a couple blocks from the venue, so we decided we'd walk over and see some sights on the way over. Now, neither of us are from Chicago, but Southern Illinois and we didn't really know much history about Chicago. As we were walking along, we came to this building and both of us suddenly got a "cold" feeling to come over us. We didn't know what to think of it. A couple years later after we broke up, WGN-TV had a block of two shows that came on at 2 a.m. in the morning. At 2 a.m., they had a new version of the Twilight Zone and at 2.30, some paranormal show. I was only interested in the Twilight Zone show. But one night, I left the tv on and watched the paranormal show, I forget what it was called. One of the segments was about that same building in Chicago that we had passed by and the story told about a ferry accident they'd had in the early 1900s. There were like a couple hundred people that died and they had brought the bodies out of the water, this building was right next to one of the canals they have there, and they kept the bodies in that same building we had passed. Somehow, my ex-girlfriend was watching the show at the same time and called me when it went off. We were both amazed and spooked at the same time.

Now, I don't know what caused us to feel chilled when we walked past that building, but there was something about it neither one of us could explain - but it was a real feeling of some kind. There are paranormal things out there, but I don't know what the explanation of them are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join