It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Crystal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
'Mmmmm, Gelfling!'

I absolutely love this film!

The part where the furball comes flying out of the grassy bank with it's gnashing teeth always made me jump out of my skin as a child,

The blatant symbolism is really out there too,

I have a really tall mate who broke his leg and had to wear a cast and use crutches for a while, he could really shift on those things, so I nicknamed him 'Landstrider', lol

Yep, love this film, I'm tempted to dig the DVD out now,

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When did they say they were scrapping the movie? This article is from June and it says they're releasing a series on Netflix that will be a prequel.

ETA: Here's a trailer for it.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Saw that movie in the 80s, and loved it.

Are there any Farscape fans here?

I'm 95% sure that they recycled a couple of the Skeksis puppets it an episode. Can't recall the ep, but I remember that the "Skeksis" threw up some red acid goop on some of Moya's controls to short them out.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Dark Crystal,Labyrinth,Water World and the animated Disney verson of sword in the stone were the cornerstones of my childhood entertainment. I bet I watched them 20 times each before I was 10.

a reply to: loam

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp
I like Farscape. I don't recall that episode though.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

I'm 95% sure that they recycled a couple of the Skeksis puppets it an episode. Can't recall the ep, but I remember that the "Skeksis" threw up some red acid goop on some of Moya's controls to short them out.

I loved watching Farscape, and Lexx, the original Battlestar Galactica. Not forgetting The NeverEnding Story. Always had a fascination for mazes and labyrinths.

link   
The sequel was intended to be scrapped due to differences between the different production companies:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-9-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

link   
The Dark Crystal had to simultaneously compete against E.T. and The Thing for box office tickets:

edit on 30-9-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good to hear! I see where someone else posted that there will be a series on Netflix too. Yay!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

The Halosians in "Out Of Their Minds" (Season 2 Episode 9)

edit on 30 9 18 by Clashwithreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: MteWamp

I loved watching Farscape, and Lexx, the original Battlestar Galactica. Not forgetting The NeverEnding Story. Always had a fascination for mazes and labyrinths.

Wow. Lexx. I had forgotten about that one. That was back in the day when Sci-Fy was good.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't know why but kids I grew up with seemed to be either Dark Crystal kids or Labyrinth kids...never both. I was a Dark Crystal kid for sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm both. I loved both films.

As I recall, Jim Henson really felt as if this was his Opus. Personally, I think Labyrinth is better, for a multitude of reasons, but I really enjoy both movies a lot. I grew up with them.

Hell, I have the two Labyrinth door knockers as my front door knockers. (well, recreations of them).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join