It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a better driver when I’m drunk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I can forgive spilling wine on my things

Man, I've worked too hard for my money and toys. Come around my place chill drink smoke but stains - you don't come back a 2nd time.

BTW you did well protecting your guests & other road users by denying keys.

Well done

Thank you

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
During Football season I always have watch parties at my place. Sometimes people bring a friend, which is fine and dandy. Well today right before halftime of the OSU and PSU game this chicks “boy toy” ran out of smokes. I always collect keys and hide them. He came up to me and asked for his......

Dude you have had 7 beers in 3 hours....you are not getting your keys bro. He then decided to get in my face saying they are his and he is a better driver when he is drunk.....

WTF man, I about wanted to slap him and tell him that is the stupidest thing you could say. Luckily the girl that invited him noticed what was going on and interjected and used “girl power” to calm him down. Thank god cause to be honest he is much larger than me. But this dude is in his late twenties and thinks like that and gets aggressive that easily. NOT COOL man. I can forgive spilling wine on my things but that is unforgivable. No more watch parties at my place for him.

BTW

GO OU!!!!!

Thanks. I'm tired of scraping these dead driver accident victims reeking of booze or beer remains off the road, blood off their windshields...and telling the parents of some kid or relatives of someone t-boned that their kid didn't make it.

Can we come to your house and slap the crap outta him ourselves with our crash-kits? Theres no such thing as a good drunk driver...

M.S.
EMT/911*

*Thank you from us for posting this thread.

EMT's from Stations #1 & 2

I say yes but I already got the guy and girl an Uber home and told them I will pay for one back tomorrow to get their vehicle.

I can give you the address though

And also your welcome and I along with every person here TRULY does appreciate your service. Not many people can do what you do. Thank you

It's ok..thanks for letting me vent...we don't get to very much. But...wer're always there if you need us...but it does get tiring when people just don't get it. And we get to pick up the pieces. Literally.

Best, MS

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You did good. I would have said " Well, I am better drunk when I don't have a friend at my football party that murdered someone due to drunk driving. Sit down, I will find a cigarette for you."

edit on 29-9-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: Add clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I actually drive better after having a beer. After three I tend to go the other way. I used to drive a lot slower when I was drinking when I was younger, no spinning donuts or lighting up the tires in town when I had a beer. When sober I also tended to like to drive at least a hundred miles an hour or more back in the days. In the last twenty five years people are always passing me.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was off duty one Sunday night; my bud and I were coming back home from Pinedale (Wyoming). My bud, Stu, was tired so he was sleeping. I was driving his truck.

Kenny Garbrick came around us at about 130mph in his sooped up Trans-Am. We all knew him, he was a great guy. Another Mustang came around us too, and old one...they were "bookin'". We didn't know that guy.

I came over the top of 14 Mile Hill and saw brake lights from the Mustang. There was a cloud of dust off to the right. I stomped on the brakes and Stu woke up. What was this cloud of dust off to the right?

Kenny had left the road, crashed and rolled several times in the T/A. After walking out in the desert, the car was destroyed. It was just flopping metal and complete destruction. They had their seat belts on, but the car was like a dead fish. The passenger had been ejected, but was alive. Kenny was still in the (crushed) car.

Kenny was obviously badly injured. I didn't have any collars or backboards. He was moving his hands, so we got him out. On the ground next to the car, he said... "Don't let me die, man!

That was the hardest thing I've ever done. Serious thoracic chest wounds, he was aspirating blood. It was bad.

This was before cell phones, but we did have radio telephones in our trucks (almost as good).

I called into Rock Springs dispatch and requested the local oilfield helicopter, but it was busy down in northern Colorado on a rig job. They were on the way, but it was going to take time.

Kenny died that night. The helo never made it, we transported him by ambulance to the local hospital in RKS.

Yeah, people can drive better drunk!

Pray you never have to do what I did that night!!!
edit on 9/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yup,make sure they can't leave or give them a ride,call a taxi-if way too gone, or as suggested let authorities know. Good for that.

I've had to drive some home before.

--------------------

Go drunk you're home. The following is what i think of these types:

No, you're not better on alcohol, you just think you are. Actually after a mother died from a guy believing the same thing, luckily the baby survived c-section emergency. A baby who will maybe someday know the day they were born was the day their mother was killed by irresponsible carelessness(to be nice really).

That is all.

edit on 29-9-2018 by dreamingawake because: correction missing comments

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I would NEVER turn someone in to the law, it's a devestating experience.

Rather, I'd just beat the S# out of them and throw them in the back of my truck and haul their ass home!

Been there...done that!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What an inconsiderate #

Nah people should be kept the hell away from vehicles when inebriated, even bicycles. Yea I'm being serious.

Mobile phones and sleep depression are two big killers too. I couldn't care less if some numpty just wrecks their own life but that seldom ever happens. Even then if they survive some other poor sod will be picking up the pieces.

Totally unnecessary... Like yeah, it'll always be someone else right?

You're doing the right thing, this muppet should've walked or called a cab. Or better yet prepare for the party?

I mean two packs of smokes and a bottle of whiskey... Never know how far it'll go.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Not like you would give up drinking all together after that kind of tragedy though.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd just put 'em in a trunk with a pack of smokes so they don't die from the exhaust.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The problem with drunk drivers is that they always seem to walk away from the mayhem, death and destruction they cause.

You were right to call him out, but if he insisted on driving off, then you would also have been right to ring the police and drop him in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It's your house, your rules. If he didn't care for them he shouldn't have come.
I don't permit smoking in my house so, if someone can't respect that then don't come.

I think in some states you may could have been held liable for any damage done as a result of you giving him back the keys so I think you made a wise choice.

I am rarely surprised at how selfish and inconsiderate people can become in thinking that their actions will never have an impact on anyone else. It's quite an immature and short sighted view IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Then he must be a terrible driver and should have his license revoked.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm a better lover when I'm drunk. Prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe he does drive better when he's drunk. For all you know, he is texting, eating food, and driving with his knee during sober driving 😅

At least when he's drunk, he is paying attention to the cars coming at him while he's in the wrong lane.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Lmao, I'd never come to a party if you expected me to give you my keys!
I agree the driving while drunk is wrong but # me, you sound like a school teacher or something, no way would you have my keys.
The most crazy thing I've read today, people handing over their keys to join a party at your house pmsl.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'm a better lover when I'm drunk. Prove me wrong.

Then the wife wakes you up in the morning whispering in your ear that you gave her that warm tingling feeling running up her back and screams at you about pissing the bed

edit on 30/9/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

ps Don,t take drink and drive home

take dope and fly home

edit on 30/9/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

G,day mate
yep feel for you as i have gone down this road myself
not once but twice
odd thing both events involved bridges
this first event the bloke took the first turn left instead of the second
went through the barrier and went off the old broken bridge and down 20feet into the dry river bed
the second the bloke lost control and went off a bridge into 20feet of water
but to finish on a lighter note
one mate pissed as a newt on his trail bike figured he could get away from the boys in blue by heading up a blocked
off road on the footpath problem was the trench across the road also extended across the footpath
the coppers found him and his bike in the bottom of the trench
they were laughing and he was sitting there saying bloody road works
finally from an aussie point of view 7 beers in three hours strewth
drinking through a bloody straw was he

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

South Australian brewed beer mate. Works every time (its the water). Reckon he batted for the SAFL too.

Bally

edit on 5-10-2018 by bally001 because: pronto made me do it!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

S&F +

And... Thank You.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join