It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a better driver when I’m drunk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
During Football season I always have watch parties at my place. Sometimes people bring a friend, which is fine and dandy. Well today right before halftime of the OSU and PSU game this chicks “boy toy” ran out of smokes. I always collect keys and hide them. He came up to me and asked for his......

Dude you have had 7 beers in 3 hours....you are not getting your keys bro. He then decided to get in my face saying they are his and he is a better driver when he is drunk.....

WTF man, I about wanted to slap him and tell him that is the stupidest thing you could say. Luckily the girl that invited him noticed what was going on and interjected and used “girl power” to calm him down. Thank god cause to be honest he is much larger than me. But this dude is in his late twenties and thinks like that and gets aggressive that easily. NOT COOL man. I can forgive spilling wine on my things but that is unforgivable. No more watch parties at my place for him.

BTW

GO OU!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hand over keys. Call cops.
People with that mentality need to be put in their place, and they are the type to only be sorry because they got caught. It's sad but true.
One or two drinks is ok, but anymore and getting behind the wheel in today's world can lead to disaster especially the speeds vehicles can go now days.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I could care less if he got arrested. I care about the mass amount of people that walk and other people driving.

(post by TinySickTears removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I was going to ask, "But are you a better drunk when driving?"

Seriously, though, I don't touch a drop before driving, and am never tempted to challenge that trait.

Sometimes, of course, a drunk could be so wracked with guilt or paranoia that he/she can end up driving slowly enough to attract the attention of cops anyway. In the UK that happens; same for the US, I assume.

edit on 29-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

In America if you slowly drive you will also draw attention and will be probable cause(getting pulled over) as is swirving 3” here (7.62CM).

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I remember when I used to drink. I was ten foot tall and bulletproof too.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I remember when I used to drink. I was ten foot tall and bulletproof too.

When I drink I always feel like that. But then I remember a close group of friends that left a party and never made it home.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have lost a few close people also. It is a good thing you do taking their keys. I myself always am available to be the designated driver or will pick someone up and drive them home.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I have no problem getter an Uber or just giving smokes or whatever just as long as no drinking and driving is involved. Or smashed and walking. Lots of really bad drivers here.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
During Football season I always have watch parties at my place. Sometimes people bring a friend, which is fine and dandy. Well today right before halftime of the OSU and PSU game this chicks “boy toy” ran out of smokes. I always collect keys and hide them. He came up to me and asked for his......

Dude you have had 7 beers in 3 hours....you are not getting your keys bro. He then decided to get in my face saying they are his and he is a better driver when he is drunk.....

WTF man, I about wanted to slap him and tell him that is the stupidest thing you could say. Luckily the girl that invited him noticed what was going on and interjected and used “girl power” to calm him down. Thank god cause to be honest he is much larger than me. But this dude is in his late twenties and thinks like that and gets aggressive that easily. NOT COOL man. I can forgive spilling wine on my things but that is unforgivable. No more watch parties at my place for him.

BTW

GO OU!!!!!

Thanks. I'm tired of scraping these dead driver accident victims reeking of booze or beer remains off the road, blood off their windshields...and telling the parents of some kid or relatives of someone t-boned that their kid didn't make it.

Can we come to your house and slap the crap outta him ourselves with our crash-kits? Theres no such thing as a good drunk driver...

M.S.
EMT/911*

*Thank you from us for posting this thread.

EMT's from Stations #1 & 2

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Many drinkers think they drive better when they’re drunk.

It’s those sudden squealing stops that get them.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

BTW

GO OU!!!!!

Thanks. I'm tired of scraping these dead driver accident victims reeking of booze or beer remains off the road, blood off their windshields...and telling the parents of some kid or relatives of someone t-boned that their kid didn't make it.

Can we come to your house and slap the crap outta him ourselves with our crash-kits? Theres no such thing as a good drunk driver...

M.S.
EMT/911*

*Thank you from us for posting this thread.

EMT's from Stations #1 & 2

I say yes but I already got the guy and girl an Uber home and told them I will pay for one back tomorrow to get their vehicle.

I can give you the address though

And also your welcome and I along with every person here TRULY does appreciate your service. Not many people can do what you do. Thank you

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I worked in a very popular club in college as a bartender (made untold amounts of money, but that's another story).

When I was working there some supreme court somewhere passed a law called the "Dram Shop" law. This law essentially meant servers could be held liable for acts which took place after they left the bar. The liability went all the way down the line, from the doormen to the bartenders and cocktail waitresses.

As a former bartender, I can't even tell you how many times I've seen someone say "I drive better after I've been drinking!"

Truth is, if you're alone, you might, (for a minute), but if you're with someone else you definitely WON'T!

A long time ago I worked as an EMT, and I scooped up many "bodies" who thought they drove better. They were my friends...it was a small town. Heli-rescue was early then, and sometimes only worked when your radio worked (which was not that often). I heard "Don't let me die!!!!" more than once, and it scared me to my core!

Ive seen it.

I've seen it.

AND...you never know what happens, you just don't!!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have been at many bars and heard that same line be used. Often times I would offer a ride and others not. It really bugs me when people drive drunk. They have no idea of the impact they could cause on someone’s life. Including there own.

I think next Saturday I will text a buddy on patrol to swing by my place and walk in just to scare my guests. Maybe that can be a regular thing now. I mean business man. And if the newbies at my place can’t handle it then the ones that invite them are no longer welcome.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I can forgive spilling wine on my things

Man, I've worked too hard for my money and toys. Come around my place chill drink smoke but stains - you don't come back a 2nd time.

BTW you did well protecting your guests & other road users by denying keys.

Well done

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join