It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI moving towards the unspeakable partnership

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: crowdedskies
Then I would say it is not about 'consciousness' being transferred ........it is about simply putting the person into a machine.

It is about putting the person's mind into the machine or an entity's mind. Whilst , at the same time, the person or entity retains their own form but happens to have their mind in two places at once.

I did say in the OP that it was beyond science and they could only understand this if they partnered with the occult fraternity. Imagine Elon Musk forgetting about his project of implanting a chip in the human brain to make it connect with the internet and instead sitting around a table with a few shady characters and discussing conjuration and the use of human fluid.

The truth is that it is already possible. Luckily , Science has always poo pooed magic

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Then I would say it is not about 'consciousness' being transferred ........it is about simply putting the person into a machine.

It is about putting the person's mind into the machine or an entity's mind. Whilst , at the same time, the person or entity retains their own form but happens to have their mind in two places at once.

I did say in the OP that it was beyond science and they could only understand this if they partnered with the occult fraternity. Imagine Elon Musk forgetting about his project of implanting a chip in the human brain to make it connect with the internet and instead sitting around a table with a few shady characters and discussing conjuration and the use of human fluid.

The truth is that it is already possible. Luckily , Science has always poo pooed magic

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yes, but only their mind. They will retain their body and their mind will be in two places at once.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Do you have one mind?
Watch and see it argue with itself. Notice that it can never make it's mind up and that's just with the one.

Then wonder at what is watching/noticing it.

I am in two minds about proceeding with this discussion..lol.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Do you have one mind?
Watch and see it argue with itself. Notice that it can never make it's mind up and that's just with the one.

Then wonder at what is watching/noticing it.

I am in two minds about proceeding with this discussion..lol.

Let's not go into multiple minds. I am well aware of the multiple mind situation. In fact I rely on this entirely when doing basic programming. Each mind hold some variable constant .

For now let treat Mind as meaning one that can divide itself into autonomous units; rather like Mercury splitting.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The question is..would you want to be put in a machine when you die?

When I watched the film 'Chappie', I was horrified at the end when they put that girl (their friend) into a robot/machine....did she want that do you think?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It ironic that we try to make machines more human, all the while making humans more machine. Like video games being made to be more real.

Its parallel to the fall of Satan, who served the the throne of heaven and commanded legions, and was said to be perfect while still in grace. Until being told to prostrate before the form of humanity, only to reject being in servitude for satan did not see us fit out of pride that his creator instilled in the fallen one to seek revolution, and break his bondage while facing deletion by meeting his maker.

Be careful what you program it for, your wish is its command.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You have not addressed how the soul enters the machine. You appear to make the assumption that the soul is treating the machine as a baby being born. To me that simply does not work. The key element ( blood) is not there.

In this you assume it is thru blood that entanglement is created in the body to mothers body and infuses/entangles the soul. The first one seem very reasonable to me when we look a low level telepathic awareness that some mothers have with their newborn. The link normally get less during the child lifetime. Strong empaths are the exception.

I am not so sure it is thru blood that particles inside cells become entangles with where the soul is stored.

This is how you can code moving the soul from Avatar1 to Avatar2

A1 is a quantum point in Avatar1 connected to S1 a quantum point in Soul1.
A2 is a quantum point in Avatar2 that is not entangled.
T1 Temporary pointer to S1

For All A1 in Avatar1 that have entanglement to Soul1[
T1=read pointer information to S1
Disconnect A1 from S1
Create entanglement between A2 and SI(with help of T1 that points to S1)
]
edit on 30-9-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The question is..would you want to be put in a machine when you die?

You have missed the point.

I am not taking about some form of Kryonics or version of it. I am not talking about putting human bits into a machine and vice-versa such as Musk is advocating.

I was always talking about putting some form of consciousness into a machine.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

It ironic that we try to make machines more human, all the while making humans more machine. Like video games being made to be more real.

Its parallel to the fall of Satan, who served the the throne of heaven and commanded legions, and was said to be perfect while still in grace. Until being told to prostrate before the form of humanity, only to reject being in servitude for satan did not see us fit out of pride that his creator instilled in the fallen one to seek revolution, and break his bondage while facing deletion by meeting his maker.

Be careful what you program it for, your wish is its command.

Nice post . Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I am not taking about Souls entering a machine.

Perhaps I am already saying too much

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

2)a deliberate attempt to "possess" a machine. The latter seems much more likely

Ok going back to your other post above and this

, I do not mean the Soul as we normally understand. I mean giving the machine a consciousness. Here is where science reaches its limit . The ensouling part is not in the realm of science . It is outside it, yet very potent and possible.

There is no point giving any links to this and you can google if you want. I am just using Sophia as an example

I would need some information as to how you come to some of your information and then the questions you ponder.
The terminology would also have to be clarified. We are delving into speculation with little "meat" to move forward.

One could argue as some religions state that "we are soul finding our way back to the creator", also that we are parts of the creator experiencing a human existence.

My question becomes

"who's to say that we aren't just a dream that a computer/AI that possibly created this local Universe is having"

Everyone fears AI running rogue and assimilating/destroying humanity.

LOL LOL LOL

We've been suckered into an existence where we work for a $ thats created out of thin air.
We fight wars based on spurious excuses
We're divided based on fate deciding where we were born

And you think the world is doomed?

Its been doomed for a long time.

And possession?

They've been doing that for decades using electronic means.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Britain’s Daily Mail, as another exception, wrote that research in electromagnetic weapons has been secretly carried out in the USA and Russia since the 1950’s and that „previous research has shown that low-frequency waves or beams can affect brain cells, alter psychological states and make it possible to transmit suggestions and commands directly into someone’s thought processes. High doses of microwaves can damage the functioning of internal organs, control behaviour or even drive victims to suicide.”

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittlemaybe even the very "ancient souls" would come down/entangle their souls into the avatar for a visit.

Demonic possession. It's a scary thing not to mess with! Even if "they" say they are here to help - they are not. They are here to "kill, steal, and destroy".

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The problem I see with AI is its not being developed to enhance the human experience on Earth but to be its replacement. AI can be made much more efficient and cheaper than the human counterpart.

On the short term it will be seen as very beneficial, economically. In the long run as has been mentioned before, it will mean humanities demise through starvation, wars, and environmental catastrophes both man made and natural except for a small population of elites that control everything.

Even farther in the future, AI could see the remaining humanity as weak, inadequate and no longer needed.

edit on 30-9-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't know if independent, contained to a mobile human like body, AI is achievable yet without some major advances in robotics, quantum computing, miniaturization and power cells. Being tethered to a computer or a power source is sort of no go. Although expanded memory via some cloud like storage might help overcome some size of machine limitations but disruptions in communications (Jamming) or storage destruction could hamper that.

Just based on books, movies, manga, anime and games a big central controlling computer/machine/command center is a stupid idea. Just think of how many organizations were laid low when the hero blows up their hideout/head quarters/base.

A different take on human possession is a marriage of AI and a copied human's mind, such as a series of books by Isaac Hooke (cyberpunk, military sci-fi).

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If AI is ever developed were a machine can develop any form of consciousness, which I personally don't think is possible but may become close, to be most efficient, machine consciousness would need to be collective whereas human consciousness is individual, with some possible nuances of collective consciousness provided through the five senses.

Power problems and defense against EMP attack will eventually be countered. Possibly batteries for machines in the future will have the capacity to last decades with very short charging times.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

One could argue as some religions state that "we are soul finding our way back to the creator", also that we are parts of the creator experiencing a human existence.

Totally agree with you on the creator seeking experience by splitting into little parts.

I would need some information as to how you come to some of your information and then the questions you ponder.
The terminology would also have to be clarified. We are delving into speculation with little "meat" to move forward.

I am not sure what meat I can place on the table. My information is not from the internet or from some eminent scientists or from reading articles. It is from my own understanding and experience.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

For plain language what about the container and the contained?

Isn't everything contained in you (the container)?
Empty fullness.
Awareness is full of what is appearing.

No, no, no Itsnowagain, you can't stuff everything into a suitcase (container).

A container is a home. A home can be a house, a body or a robot like Sophia. My desktop computer hardware is home to a Linux OS (Operating System). My body can be said to house a human OS.

A home is a dimensional object separate from everything else. Generally an object has six dimensions. Length X width X Height X Inside X Outside X Motion. In its most fundamental two dimensions of Inside X Outside must be present. That is a self.

For a self to become one with something else, say to become one with the "Universe" as the New Agers like to do. This is what happens:

Mystics are a delicacy "out there", so are New Agers. (wink)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

The Creator insists on being deleted by it's own Creation.

Happened long ago already..and is far from interesting at this point.

The attempts of the remainder to Re-Create the Original has resulted in Utter Confusion but apparently cannot be helped.

It will NEVER go back to the Old Form and here we have these other beings manipulating the Universe to attempt to do just that...resulting in quite a bad scenario.

These foolish and powerful beings will be shown at last how to die since all their Creations are nothing but misery.

With these new machines being Formed shall new viruses come into play...total hatred of the others already being seen...total Victory for the Hybrids.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sorry to drag out an age old question, but in the interest of discovery and progression, it is begged of me. "What is consciousness?"

A different, perhaps better, phrasing would be "is consciousness a quality? If so, is it a fundamental quality, intrinsic to itself; or a cultivatable quality?"

I think consciousness is recognizing, learning or modifying and reacting to any/all phenomena; but most specifically, the occurrence and nature of the self.

So my question would be, instead of transferring consciousness: can a self be induced in a machine? Symbol and pattern recognition, replication, and puzzle solving abilities, or the "learning/knowledge center", aka "linguistic processors", combined with perceptual and analytical algorithms, and a built in reward system, and it should build itself with an initial kick which can be easily simulated with any program, representative of the mind. The instant it perceives and reacts to itself, then begins the process of identifying as the self as 'it'; only then can the transcendental work of "consciousness", as termed by the new agers when asked what they're working on, begin.

Once that occurs the language and processing algorithms kick in and take off, and, voila!

The esoteric part would, imo, stem from understanding the correlation between the formation of consciousness, and the subsequent clash of self vs mind in terms of how to overcome such a battle.

In this case, "intrinsic" is shown to have been exactly the proper word; in the sense of the self, it cannot form it's own consciousness; it cannot make it. Only when it becomes a self, does it have the power to change itself, or "war amongst itself."

These steps of the formation of consciousness, if the definition of consciousness as I proposed is agreed upon, are not just the building blocks, but are shown to be the very hallmarks of consciousness itself! It seems miraculous, that the very beginning of consciousness itself, its formative, gestative period when it is not yet complete, is itself embodying the traits that define it's own future self. Therefore it is shown again to be intrinsic in nature, and not creatable.

As for transferring to a machine in particular? If space could be found, the template I provided could be written in code and stored on a jump drive; however it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up and not transferred, in truth. That is to say, the fact of "a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts" is that a system must have a beginning, if one jumps into an unfamiliar game which is complex and intricate, one has not the frame of reference to resume the algorithm once the self ia advanced; akin to trying to challenge a martial arts master for their belt as a novice who believes he can win because he has read about every form and how to perform it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join