It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pressure Cookers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

9 times out of 10 the reason this happens to people is because they've either damaged the gasket or the lid. That, or they're not using enough water.

Try adding more water for starters. If that doesn't work then inspect the lid for warp-age and carefully examine the gasket (which means actually removing it and looking at it carefully). Many people don't know the gasket actually comes out (easily) and should be removed and cleaned regularly. If it gets grease on it, it will not be able to maintain pressure. You can also just replace the gasket, they only cost a few bucks and you can order them at places like Amazon.

Also, inspect the edge of the liner pot. If the edge even has the slightest dent in it the pot will not maintain pressure. It should be perfectly smooth and uniform all the way around the top. If they get dropped or banged hard on the edge it can deform the edge an you'll lose the seal.

Remember, the gasket seals on the liner pot, not the outer edge where the locking ring is.

edit on 9/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Good advice, and very correct too.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

9 times out of 10 the reason this happens to people is because they've either damaged the gasket or the lid. That, or they're not using enough water.

Try adding more water for starters. If that doesn't work then inspect the lid for warp-age and carefully examine the gasket (which means actually removing it and looking at it carefully). Many people don't know the gasket actually comes out (easily) and should be removed and cleaned regularly. If it gets grease on it, it will not be able to maintain pressure. You can also just replace the gasket, they only cost a few bucks and you can order them at places like Amazon.

Also, inspect the edge of the liner pot. If the edge even has the slightest dent in it the pot will not maintain pressure. It should be perfectly smooth and uniform all the way around the top. If they get dropped or banged hard on the edge it can deform the edge an you'll lose the seal.

Remember, the gasket seals on the liner pot, not the outer edge where the locking ring is.

I've done everything the manufacturer told me too. No joy.

I took it out in the backyard and pumped it full of lead. I was mad.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Heh, I'll bet it definitely doesn't hold pressure now!!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Heh, I'll bet it definitely doesn't hold pressure now!!

Yeah, guess that invalidates any warranty.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe, just maybe, it's an automatic extended lifetime warranty.

I mean, if you sent it back people would see it and they'd be AFRAID not to fix it!!

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most of the people who I know that bought one of those electric pressure cookers used the hell out of it for about a month, after that it is stuck away in their closet. I occasionally use our regular pressure cooker, but not often enough to make it worth buying another one if it needed to be replaced. I used our pressure cooker twice in about twenty years. We usually just roast things or I make soups and soups in a pot, adding certain veggies to keep the boiling temperature under two hundred five degrees to make sure to preserve some nutrients. Baking things destroys a lot of good chemistry, temperatures over two twenty deteriorate many nutrients.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Man, I love the stovetop pressure cookers. Once I started cooking with them, it is about the only way I will prepare my meat anymore. Thinking of getting rid of the grill even.

I love to brown/char steaks in coconut oil before sealing it up. 15-20 minutes after pressure is reached, bam .. a beautiful dish. Chicken seared in butter and then throw some lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper for 20 minutes ... it is tough not to completely eat it on the spot before mixing it in the main dish as intended.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yep, they're pretty spectacular with the brown and saute settings they have now (on the electric ones). You're right though, even the stove top ones are nice. My stove top pressure cooker is a Fagor, but the electric one is just a lot easier. For one thing, the cooking pot (inner pot) is stainless and it's removable. So when you're done cooking you can just clean it out and not have to hassle with with the whole assembly. Yeah, you have to clean the lid, but they say it's dishwasher safe (I don't go there, and just wash it by hand). I also remove the gasket and clean that too. It's silicone so it cleans up pretty nice. Though, I have ordered a couple other gaskets for separating dessert items from dinner items (they do take on an odor after a while, even silicone).

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DBL.

Man, lots of doubles today!

edit on 9/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe, just maybe, it's an automatic extended lifetime warranty.

I mean, if you sent it back people would see it and they'd be AFRAID not to fix it!!

Just a thought.

LOL 👍

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
McCann's steel cut oats in the pressure cooker with cut up apples and a cinnamon stick are the BOMB!!!

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!

3 minutes.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My mother in law loves me. For Christmas, after all the gift giving was done, she gifted me an additional electric pressure cooker.

I use it liberally. Mostly for guiso or asadero. Tonight im making some posole with pork carnitas in it.

But i've done lamb shanks, beef ribs, roasts, beans...i love that it takes 2-3 hours of simmering and reduces it to 30 minutes max.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join