It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie rules footy, (Australian Rules) West Coast Premiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So our crazy sport doesn't recognise the best team throughout the year, only the best team that wins the final game of the final knockout series
Richmond won more games throughout the year but didn't make the last game in September, that was for West Coast and Collingwood
Collingwood or the Pies as they are called played a tall 8 footish American fella, forward and ruckman who played a serviceable game for a team that played one of their greatest losses
West Coast travelled to Melborne (sic) to take on the Pies, one of those final games that takes the breath away
Two teams playing out of their skin, fast tight footy wher one team dominated and in the end lost the game in the last couple of minutes

Pretty exciting footy, Collingwood were awesome but just not good enough over the four quarters to beat West Coast who persevered, kicked long and straight.

As suggested, it was nice to see the Victorian team beaten, to see the interstate team take the flag

If you get a chance, have a look at the Australian game, it's worth it
edit on 29-9-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
If you get a chance, have a look at the Australian game, it's worth it

I agree.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

'Poor old Collingwood forever,. they know how to lose a game.'

Eagles fan here, i think I might have celebrated a bit too hard, i think I tore a tricep or partially dislocated my elbow from the revelries and i can barely lift my arm, but i will bare the pain and raise a toast to the Eagles.

Now if you'll excuse me, i need to go and curse profusely-trust me i'm thinking of using a guitar strap as i sling. but still GO EAGLES!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

G,day mate
love your slant on their club song
glad to hear you blokes have walked away with what they consider their cup woopy bloody duck
at least we wont have to put up with eddie mcguire sticking it up everybody all summer
but wait he may do a song and dance and demand that the rules are changed to ensure that no interstate
team is allowed to play in their grand final on their oval in their expanded VFL
SO now we can get onto other things
the only game played in heaven

CRICKET
i hear that the Angel michael is a better wicket keeper than heals
cricket the mother game of baseball
oh oh incoming
:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

remember mate
it matters not who wins
as long as those bloody victorians loose

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

I can not fault that logic in any way at all

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I watched the Grand Final on the edge of my seat. I am very happy with the result. Growing in Perth, Western Australia
, I was a West Coast Eagles fan. Now that I watch AFL games at the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand , my passion for Aussie Rules Football and now the Eagles is reignited.

The two best in the AFL contested the final. I respect the way, the Collingwood player, Mason Cox recovered from a poor first half, to score two goals and play better in the second half of the game.

top topics

join