It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Vegans Turn Radical

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Other animals do not torture and torment animals keeping them in hideous environments so they can be slaughtered

Yes they do.

www.sciencedaily.com...

The ants have been known to bite the wings off the aphids in order to stop them from getting away and

And if you think animals don't torture each other then you have never seen a single animal planet documentary.

I have watched dogs rip cats apart while there tails were waging the entire time.
I have seen cats stab and claw rats that they didn't even intend on eating.

I was going to post a youtube vid showing animals being extremely cruel to each other but it was so bad that I worried I might violate the T&C of this website.

Just type " animals that hurt each other," into youtube. and you will see.

I think they way we treat the animals that we eat does need to change.

But eating them is natural. Always has been always will.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's a good job they didn't attack a Kosher butchers as they would be labeled anti semitic. And if the attacked an Halal butchers etc. etc.
If vegans love animals why are they eating all the animals food? Sooner or later the animals will starve because there won't be enough food to go round.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Vegans are almost always annoying. They are worse than evangelical Christians. Why can't people just mind their own damn business and leave others alone?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Other animals do not torture and torment animals keeping them in hideous environments so they can be slaughtered

Yes they do.

www.sciencedaily.com...

The ants have been known to bite the wings off the aphids in order to stop them from getting away and

And if you think animals don't torture each other then you have never seen a single animal planet documentary.

I have watched dogs rip cats apart while there tails were waging the entire time.

I was going to post a youtube vid showing animals being extremely cruel to each other but it was so bad that I worried I might violate the T&C of this website.

The question is why were they doing that? Just for the fun of it? Animals can be territorial and some have hierarchies in their social structures, they also have to eat. I also understand that cats and other critters will kill in for play, they are acting on instinct. Why do humans torture animals in their food factories? Because it is cheaper to do it that way??? You are comparing apples to oranges.

Humans consider themselves above animals, generally speaking there is no excuse for the way they are treated, I don't care what video you come up with. It is just plain wrong.

If humans must eat animals, they can still treat them with respect and dignity.
edit on 29-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Vegans are almost always annoying. They are worse than evangelical Christians. Why can't people just mind their own damn business and leave others alone?

You have posted a huge amount on this forum. I have looked at your posts, it is time to practice what you preach.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't eat meat because it has to kill an animal, but this could to a human being killed if things escalate to far.......

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
It's a good job they didn't attack a Kosher butchers as they would be labeled anti semitic. And if the attacked an Halal butchers etc. etc.
If vegans love animals why are they eating all the animals food? Sooner or later the animals will starve because there won't be enough food to go round.

You can not live on this planet without killing something. It is the way it set up, there is no way around that. What you don't have to do is promote the atrocities that are committed against animals every second of every day. That you do not have to do.

If you have a dog or cat, picture them living their entire life, in crowded, hideous living condition, being pumped with antibiotics so they won't die in the horrible condition and then for the finale being terrified as you are slaughtered, picture the animal you have been closest to in your life living like that.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Don't eat meat because it has to kill an animal, but this could to a human being killed if things escalate to far.......

We supposedly value human life so much and look what humans do to each other?? We kill each other, we betray each other , we have no trust for each other. We are in constant competition with each oter. We lock up our own species in hell holes.. Our government hardly work any longer because mankind is so divided over his trite opinions, that in the end mean nothing. Don't give me that crap about a vegan taking a human life....that is the least of our worries... Humans are a very, very sick species... There are only a handful that escape this madness. And don't think I am excluding myself here, I am #ting in the crap pile with the rest of you.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So now you are willing to call yourself a human animal when it is time to ask for the respect they give to other animals? Well, the point I think you missed is that we do not behave like other animals.

I dunno... Many people pick up that mantal when referring to "we're animals - it's natural" on various topics...

Other animals do not torture and torment animals

Have you ever owned a cat? Have you ever seen one hunt?

If cats were human sized, you would not like them. Cheetahs also sometimes enjoy playing with their food before eating them.

I have all kinds of compassion for animals. I don't kill what I don't eat. Cept roaches and skittoes. They MUST die!

Now if you have a fear and distaste for say, roaches, spiders, snakes, wasps, ants... You know, stuff that people normally kill as pests... that would be kind of bass ackwards, wouldn't it?

All that being said, I really don't think the animals 'know' what environment they're in to be honest. All they know is what they were born in. If you let them out, they would likely die faster than you could slaughter them from starvation and becoming another animals lunch.

*Shrugs*

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ummm...so they might probably be offended by me wearing my PETA in big bold white letters on a black shirt with in smaller font..."People Eating Tasty Animals"...to work...like I did today...

All the many times I've worn it...I've only actually managed to offend only one person...and she was only minimally offended and laughed along with me at the humor of it...

I wear it out in public often and mostly just get..."I love your shirt Man"...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Even during an incoming hurricane, no one will stock up on Vegan food:

preview.redd.it...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I agree with you on that. We are all animals, but and we are a cancer to the planet.
But what good does it do to destroy property? None.
They should go free all the animals before they become food if they want to help them .

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The bulk of vegans don't understand "worry about your own plate" too well, never have. I've met very few who DON'T proselytize in ever single conversation. Granted, I haven't met any vigilante ones yet, but the "normal" ones are equally grating. Worry. About. Your. Own. Plate. And shut the hell up, every conversation is not your personal platform to incessantly preach from. I might take a vegan more seriously and give them the day of day if the topic wasn't treated as a Vegans vs Everybody else verbal battle royale.

originally posted by: Edumakated
Involuntary hunger will make them change their perspective. Any vegans in Somalia?

Actually, yes, there are, believe it or not. Hit up a search engine, you'll be surprised at how many vegans there are in Somalia.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yes they do.

www.sciencedaily.com...

The question is why were they doing that? Just for the fun of it? Animals can be territorial and some have hierarchies in their social structures, they also have to eat. I also understand that cats and other critters will kill in for play, they are acting on instinct. Why do humans torture animals in their food factories? Because it is cheaper to do it that way??? You are comparing apples to oranges.

Humans consider themselves above animals, generally speaking there is no excuse for the way they are treated, I don't care what video you come up with. It is just plain wrong.

If humans must eat animals, they can still treat them with respect and dignity.

You're more than a little deluded, that's not apples to oranges, that's you & wishful thinking. Animals are neither inherently violent, territorial, nor fart glitter -- they have just as much individual variation as humans have. And preferences. They aren't robots.

I've never had a cat that killed anything "for play", they've always eaten what they killed. The only exception to the rule is our current old fart, he avoids prey, he's not a hunter. He won't even eat raw meat out of the kitchen.
Our cockatiel is an exception to his species also. He'll kill and eat another bird, there's a reason he's the only one we have -- he's a cannibal. My grandmother had a Conure years ago, she was also a cannibal bird, broke out of her cage one night and into the other, and killed & ate my grandmother's parakeet.
However, my grandmother, while upset, wasn't remotely surprised. She worked for a vet when she was younger and came across this in birds more than once. It's not particularly common, but not unheard of.

She had many words of wisdom in her life. Vegans not understanding the animals they claim to champion for half as well as they think was one she uttered after a family friend's militant vegan girlfriend pissed her off at Thanksgiving once. Dumb twit stormed off crying that night after my grandmother explained how animals really act around things they can eat.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The fact is that they do it. It is natural.

A lot of people make the argument that if something is found in nature, then it can't be wrong for people to do it.

Btw, male sea otters have been known to actually rape baby sea otters and baby sea lions to death, through any orifice that's available.
edit on 29-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

sure do, in fact, there would be less crowding, disease, all sorts of things.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: scraedtosleep

sure do, in fact, there would be less crowding, disease, all sorts of things.

You sure about that? Chronic Wasting Disease is a thing here in MI in the wild deer. You might be on the nose if you conceded there'd be less factory farm disease, but hunting might increase transmissions of existing ones in the wild to humans, and in the case of CWD, possibly spur it to mutate & cross over (I don't think it has, yet)
It'd be a disease draw, not a win.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

Wow!!! No bias here. Vegan women are scrawny with hairy armpits and slight muscles...give me a break. How about all men that eat meat and make jokes of animals suffering so they can get a jab in at vegans have teeny little atrophied dicks and are impotent and probably drive big trucks.... so much for vast generalizations...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

well, I wasnt going too deep, however wasting andcthirsting and other chronic diseases are prominent as a result of minimal to no predation.

I was generalizing a very deep topic, my family and I are poly/permaculturists and foragers. We still purchase predominately from grocery, butchers etc...however the industrialization of the world has brought about a number of todays "plagues" I dont speak of just flora and fauna, but with humans as well.

perhaps I need to create another thread on the topic. Dont take a few words in a thread regarding veganism to fully elucidate you on the depth of my thought regarding this alternative topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join