It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh's Calendars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Admitted

He said old events from his calendars. Why would he have old weddings from a 2 year old calendar?

Thank you! I don't imagine he would! It doesn't make sense. This is all I'm trying to get across here.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think you are trying to read a connection here that isn't there. He says his dad inspired him to keep the calanders. He also said his dad shared stories at Christmas from them. He didn't say that the reason he was inspired was because his dad shared Christmas stories from them.

I have no dog in this fight, but I think you are in fact looking for some "Aha!" in there that just isn't there which is probably driven by some feelings about this person or perhaps just for getting approval/stars/flags/ on this board.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Halfswede because: extra word

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

I know what he said. Perhaps you should read my entire post. His Father may have started a detailed calander of his sons life, and in 1980 he kept his own calander. His Father most likely kept a diary and calendar before. I know people whose Mothers were scrap book kings from their births to weddings and presented to them and the scrap books continue, and I mean every detail just like somebody mentioned FB, this was before FB

Still lots of time between 1978 and 2018. He didn't sat when they shared the calendars at Christmas. Could have started after he was married, after the grandkids, or last year.

Think you are reaching for a gotcha moment and it's not there. The man is no saint, who is, I just don't believe he attempted to rape Dr Ford, and I certainly don't believe he was on a rape gang

Brett states his dad began his (his Dad's) calendars in 1978. Brett began his own calendars in 1980. It's very simply put. Not detailed calendars from way back...not 1958 or '68...1978.

And between 1978 and 2018? 2018 is not mentioned here. This is about the time between 1978 and 1980. The two dates Brett mentions.

I"m not discussing in anyway Dr. Ford or Kavanaugh's saintliness...not the point of thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

He said old events from his calendars. Why would he have old weddings from a 2 year old calendar?

Thank you! I don't imagine he would! It doesn't make sense. This is all I'm trying to get across here.

I know, but I think you're overanalyzing. He probably wasn't thinking about the sequence in which he was saying it in, but I think the ". . .and old events from the calendars." is meant to be a separate piece from ". . .used to tell us about old milestones, old weddings. . ."

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What doesn't match about the timing? You are clearly reaching and taking the quote out of context. Nowhere did he say the stories from 1987 up until 1980 were what inspired him.

Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so as both a calendar and a diary.

Up until this point without any context, has already explained his inspiration.

He was a very organized guy, to put it mildly. Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars.

This is him putting into context what the diaries meant, and it isn't exclusive to only those 2 years.
edit on 28-9-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I know, but I think you're overanalyzing. He probably wasn't thinking about the sequence in which he was saying it in, but I think the ". . .and old events from the calendars." is meant to be a separate piece from ". . .used to tell us about old milestones, old weddings. . ."

No. The entire, quoted sentence: "Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars."

Note the "from his calendars." at the end. Unbroken sentence. Calendars stated as having begun in 1978.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What doesn't match about the timing? You are clearly reaching and taking the quote out of context. Nowhere did he say the stories from 1987 up until 1980 were what inspired him.

Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so as both a calendar and a diary.

Up until this point without any context, has already explained his inspiration.

He was a very organized guy, to put it mildly. Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars.

This is him putting into context what the diaries meant, and it isn't exclusive to only those 2 years.

This is best put-together explanation, thank you for it.

The however is...you say it isn't exclusive to only those 2 years but, Brett says his dad would regale them with stories from his calendars, which span two years - according to Brett.

That's really all I have. It's a small quote I needn't repeat it anymore.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I wrote a daily “diary” for my daughter in 2009 for a year when she turned 8 to show her the importance of cataloging dates/times/experiences... I find it stranger that he waited so long...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

No. The entire, quoted sentence: "Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars."

Note the "from his calendars." at the end. Unbroken sentence. Calendars stated as having begun in 1978.

I see your point. But I don't know what you're trying to get at. Is it that you think he's lying about why he started keeping calendars or do you think he found an old 1982 calendar and found a way to write in it and make the writing look old? Who knows, man. I'm sure he's glad he started keeping them though.

I think it's pales in comparison, however, to Ford's three witnesses saying, under oath, that no such party ever took place. I know this isn't about Ford, but why he started writing calendars isn't a concern to me. His speech was probably looked over 100 times by 100 different people before he gave it. If there was anything to cause conflict, it would have been removed.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But he stated the stories were from his calendars.

So you mean after Kavanaugh started his own calendar, his father stopped telling stories at Christmas time?

Nope. Kavanaugh stated that these stories were what inspired him to make his own calendars - in 1980. That's 2 years worth of stories Kavanaugh would have been present for anyway.

Nowhere in the transcript does it quote him as saying the reason he started keeping calendar/diaries is because of the stories his dad told between 1978 and 1980, or any other time frame.

Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so with both a calendar and a diary.

Literally answering your question if you'd read what he actually said instead of putting spin on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But he stated the stories were from his calendars.

So you mean after Kavanaugh started his own calendar, his father stopped telling stories at Christmas time?

Nope. Kavanaugh stated that these stories were what inspired him to make his own calendars - in 1980. That's 2 years worth of stories Kavanaugh would have been present for anyway.

Nowhere in the transcript does it quote him as saying the reason he started keeping calendar/diaries is because of the stories his dad told between 1978 and 1980, or any other time frame.

Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so with both a calendar and a diary.

Literally answering your question if you'd read what he actually said instead of putting spin on it.

It doesn't though. Because Brett states those stories were FROM HIS CALENDARS. See the unbroken sentence I requoted above.

And I have nothing against the guy. I'm not looking for an AHA. Kavanaugh and Ford both, whatever their truths and lies are both victims of the politicking of our governing body.

It's just that this guy is vying for Justice of Supreme Court and I'm certain all of these words were carefully chosen and read and re-read many many times.

So, one last go:

His dad's calendars inspired him to make his own calendars. HIs dad's stories were from his calendars. His dad's calendars began in 1978. Brett's calendars began in 1980.

All of that is in the quote.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When you lie, keep it simple.

And mix in a bit of truth to make the lie more believable.

Odd. During the hearing, one of the Senators even mentioned a phrase in Latin that said, in effect, if any part is untrue, the whole is false.

I think Kavanaugh brought up his father’s use of calendars to establish a context in which Kavanaugh hopes that the submission of his calendar from 1982 (36years ago!) would not seem incongruous.

It was, instead, a warm and touching homage to his dear father, a nod of respect for the established patriarchy Kavanaugh shared with the old boys on the panel,

Which, Kavanaugh wants us to believe, at face value, just so happens to conveniently account for his “too busy to assault a 15 year old girl” summer schedule.

Except that it wasn’t actually a “minute by minute” record of his every activity that summer, and even if it were possible to have such a detailed account, we still don’t know when the party at which Dr. Ford was supposedly assaulted, occurred.

If it occurred.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It doesn't though.

It does.

See the unbroken sentence I requoted above.

You mean the small part of a larger statement that you're quoting while ignoring him asking the very question you're asking and providing the answer to it? No, I'm not going to ignore the totality of the answer in favor of your selective edit.

His dad's calendars inspired him to make his own calendars.

His dad keeping calendars inspired him to keep calendars. You can't keep selectively quoting people and acting as if your selectively quoted portion is the entirety.

HIs dad's stories were from his calendars.

Correct.

His dad's calendars began in 1978.

Correct.

Brett's calendars began in 1980.

Correct.

What you're doing is no different than reading the last page of a book and then asking why the main character did something and ignoring the obvious fact that the rest of the book would explain why the main character did what they did. At no point does Kavanaugh state that he started keeping calendars because his dad told stories from calendars, which is what you claim he says in a post on page one of this thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I noticed the oddness in the 2 year separation myself.

What struck me odd though was when he said The assault on Dr.Ford happened at a gathering with 4 other people... He said he had never attended anything like that and quotes his calendar as to when he was in town to say he was at a house with four people drinking beer and talking about girls.

How nice it must be to be born into money and power. Don't get me wrong, He sounds like an incredible kid and man for his achievements. He is my age. But with that money and power...that kid messed some girls up.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why would Brett have a calendar from 1958 when he wasn't even alive ? Why would he submit a calendar of his dad's ? Why would he submit a calendar from 1978 when the alleged incident occurred maybe sometime between 1980 and 198 whatever because this doctor has no idea of year, date, place, time, or even how many people were there. Reeeeeeaching

Odd. During the hearing, one of the Senators even mentioned a phrase in Latin that said, in effect, if any part is untrue, the whole is false. 

You mean the idiot Blumenthal who lied about his service in Vietnam when in reality he received a deferment 7 times over. He also lied about of all things, being the Captain of his college row team. He shouldn't use a Latin legal term about lying when he is a liar.
edit on 9/28/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

My grandmother kept a wall calendar every year with all the appointments and events and everything on it, and she used those to compile and keep thick binders before scrapbooking as such a thing. She later expanded those with genealogy research and old clips and photos she dug up.

So I don't find this odd at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If I told you about the raise I got 2 years ago, is that considered an old milestone?

You're reaching.

Yet , if someone posts a thread that turns out to be 6 months old what is said by members here ?
Old news
So , I bet even you have been guilty of that

Now , who is "reaching" ?

<< 1   >>

join