It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian city of Palu hit by Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
After a strong 7.7 earthquake near the central island of Sulawesi, a tsunami struck Palu

www.ndtv.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 28-9-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I am very sorry for a Viktor spoilure.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
After a strong 7.7 earthquake near the central island of Sulawesi, a tsunami struck Palu

www.ndtv.com...

twitter.com...

The only thing I like about social media is we can now see what actually happens in natural disasters. Up until the quake in Indonesia (2008) or Japan, you really couldn't find any video of what a tsunami actually looked like coming ashore.

We humans are but a grain of sand in mother nature's eyes...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Viktor was above human as a son of Alexander Batka.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Tsunami’s aren’t localized. Prepare for more reports .

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Truly frightening stuff, we can only hope and pray for minimal loss of life, but after seeing the footage, it doesn't look good,

Eta, some more footage;

edit on 28/9/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Apparently the tsunami struck after the warnings were cancelled.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Larisa Dimova was somehow related also to Lilia Lukashenko in the trademark of pies rather than excess duties for coffee and cigarets.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Video of the Tsunami hitting.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Viktor was dead, President Lukashenko's son. He had been initiated in these villages and was good at that in the aftermath of clensing in Srebrenica. That was an asphalt prawl in an elegant gesture. And, he fell in love with O'Connor, wished her quick death and post mortal pictures.
edit on SepamFri, 28 Sep 2018 09:56:14 -05002018-09-28T09:56:14-05:0009 16 1 by eigor12 because: (no reason given)
He was also a fan of Mathew Koma and wanted to replace opera with the latter dead.
edit on SepamFri, 28 Sep 2018 10:08:27 -05002018-09-28T10:08:27-05:0010 16 1 by eigor12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm always amazed at the lack of situational awareness of some folks... all the tsunami videos always have some guy in a car or just walking around like they have no idea what is coming. I mean everyone around you has gotten the f outta town and you are standing there twiddling your thumbs...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Whoa...that one was a doozy.

I hope people on the beach knew the warning sign...quick low tide, seek higher ground. I hope there were warning sirens blaring, it's not the size of the wave, it's the force behind it and i hope those further inland got the message, as for those near the shoreline...they wouldn't have stood a chance.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I'm always amazed at the lack of situational awareness of some folks... all the tsunami videos always have some guy in a car or just walking around like they have no idea what is coming. I mean everyone around you has gotten the f outta town and you are standing there twiddling your thumbs...

There's been worse. Sometimes the water will recede from the shoreline, and if it is daytime, the locals will go out and explore the newly exposed sea-bed wondering what it happening. There was a story from Japan where a girl heard the boulders on the ocean bed being dragged back by the current. She asked her grandmother what the strange noise was, and she turned white with terror. It was the sound that she heard as a girl when the tsunami hit her village.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I sure hope that black blip at the one minute mark wasn't a human, but if it is he or she deserves a Darwin award.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The BBC reported an hour ago with an update;

Officials have reported five deaths - but it is not clear if those were as a result of the tsunami.

Last month, a series of earthquakes struck the Indonesian island of Lombok, killing hundreds of people - the biggest on 5 August killed more than 460.

Source

Time will tell,

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Edumakated

There's been worse. Sometimes the water will recede from the shoreline, and if it is daytime, the locals will go out and explore the newly exposed sea-bed wondering what it happening. There was a story from Japan where a girl heard the boulders on the ocean bed being dragged back by the current. She asked her grandmother what the strange noise was, and she turned white with terror. It was the sound that she heard as a girl when the tsunami hit her village.

There is a video of the indonesian tsunami where some idiot is clearly walking out on the beach when the waves come in. Sure if you search you can find it on youtube.

You gotta wonder how people who live on a shoreline don't know the signs of a tsunami...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sadly the death toll could be worse; that thing was like a drunken uncle at a wedding.

There is nothing left to do but identify the bodies and contact insurers, which i'm sure the latter will have some kind of excuse not to pay out.

'Well we saw a rainbow the other day, therefore we can rule out act of god-case dismissed, no money for you.' I hope the affected businesses are adequately compensated, and the families of the deceased are notified ASAP.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No coverage of this on the US msm. All we get is Kavanaugh coverage.

This was a significant tsunami where possibly 1,000+ have perished...yet the our news outlet do not care.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I like the Japanese story (I don't remember all the details...):

Crazy old guy the village barely tolerates, some openly hate, is getting more and more gruff from the villagers. Late harvest time (iirc), the grains are out drying on top of the hill over the village. There is an earthquake scaring the villagers. After the earthquake the bay recedes revealing sea life which the villagers start going out and collecting. The crazy old guy tries to stop them but they laugh at him and go about collecting the exposed sea life. He gives up and runs up to the top of the hill. While down on the exposed bay the villagers notice that their winter crops on fire! They run to the top of the hill about ready to form a lynch mob when down below the bay refills with water and washes out their homes. It is only then do they realize that had the crazy guy they do not like set the crops on fire they would have all died. They were never unkind to him for the rest of his life.

I remember that from some 40 years ago! It is one story that could save your life!

Yeah, if the water recedes from the ocean floor, turn and go the other way ASAP!!

There are things more important than politics.

ETA: It was not "crazy old guy" but his grandson, Yuuki.

Storiestogrowby.org - Yuuki and the Tsunami.
edit on 28-9-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add link

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Indonesian authorities say at least 384 people have been killed following the tsunami and earthquake hit yesterday , strong aftershocks continue.

Indonesia's disaster agency said at least 384 people had been killed, but the number is expected to rise. At least 540 have been injured. "Many bodies were found along the shoreline because of the tsunami, but the numbers are still unknown," Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, a spokesman for the agency, told Reuters. "When the threat arose yesterday, people were still doing their activities on the beach and did not immediately run and they became victims," he told a news briefing. Some survived by climbing six metre (18 ft) trees to escape the huge waves, the spokesman said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join