It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% proof of life on other planets.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

So here are some facts. The Powers That Be all agree that comets are DIRTY SNOWBALLS. And they agree that comets are leftovers from OTHER PLANETS that HAD WATER

No, that’s not the origin of comets actually. Comets are formed from the remnants of the protoplanetary disc that our solar system formed from. Not from destroyed planet remnants.

And if you find water, you will find life living in it.

While liquid water is critical to life on earth as we know it, there is a lot more to it. There are numerous other elements and minerals that are necessary for organic, carbon based life. Water alone doesn’t do the trick.

Id like to know if we can determine where the comets in our view came from?
Can we trace them back to where they came from?

Yes, we know where comets come from. The Oort Cloud is home to comets in our solar system.its where they originated, not from the remains of destroyed planets. They are their own unique bodies formed as comets based on the current body of evidence available.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The Oort Cloud is home to comets in our solar system.its where they originated

Some of them. Some (the ones that come around relatively often) may have origins closer to the warm. Short(er) period comets seem to like a fairly narrow range of orbital inclinations, whereas the one shot wonders come from all over the sky.

arxiv.org...
edit on 10/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I stand corrected and appreciate you pointing out my error. Sometimes I should just stick to Anthropology related questions or at least double check things before i post! Thanks for the heads up Phage. It's always appreciated.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I know you read, so, I gave you something to read because I know you will.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And I'm reading it right now actually so again, thank you. I'm always happy to fill in the gaps in my knowledge of subjects a little outside of my area.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join