It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby's Already Been Assaulted In Prison

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Isnt it : D

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
He isnt very good at Date Rape despite the experience he seems to have?

The two people I know who were date raped had no idea who the assailant was despite them knowing him and a DNA kit telling them.

Waking up with Cosby trying to undress them is amateur hour, none of them mention his wool sweaters, its a stitch up.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

According to the not-always-reliable Radar Online, someone threw a STALE HOT DOG BUN at him

www.gossipcop.com...

15 flags for BS tittle tattle.

edit on 28-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Strange but I would think he's not with the standard prison crew. They usually have a week of processing before getting assigned. funny story a friend of mine went to prison in Michigan for his 3rd drunk driving conviction. First night in processing a guy told him he was going to be his bitch for the week. Earl told him that he spent 2 tours in Nam and wanted to go back but they wouldn't let him go back so you wouldn't be the first person I killed with my bare hands. They guy laughed and Earl told him he might find better things to do unless he was planning on it being his last day alive. The guy never spoke to him again and Earl was treated as well as can be expected for the 8 months he was there. On his exit briefing he told the woman about it and she seemed shocked. She ask if he really would have killed the guy and Earl replied "sure I'm already in fricking prison what difference would it have made. Self defense another 2-3 months????""

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
So I guess we're basically admitting that we're just using prison for revenge at this point? Otherwise, why not just give a man like Cosby a sort of house arrest sentence. He's a blind old man who probably isn't going to live another 10 years one way or another.

Whatever he did in the past, I kind of doubt he's going to be assaulting anyone (sexually or otherwise). So basically it's just revenge.

Which, you know, fine. But I don't see how we expect to have a better society by teaching people that revenge is justice. Seems like to me that only makes more violence more likely.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Giving someone a pass cause they're old and blind isn't any sort of justice either.

Honestly most prison sentences can be viewed as revenge and not justice.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Maybe that's why criminals go to prison and come back out worse than they went in?

Frankly, Cosby is a fairly unique case. If he was 20 years old he'd be back on the streets in probably less than 20 years. Do you think torturing a rapist for 20 years is going to make him be a model citizen when he gets out?

That's all I'm saying. It's not a solution.
edit on 28-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Maybe that's why criminals go to prison and come back out worse than they went in?

I would think that plays a huge part.

I would think it hard to come out awesome and level headed after doing any sort of real stretch.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I would think that plays a huge part.

I would think it hard to come out awesome and level headed after doing any sort of real stretch.

I was also trying to make the point that the way we deal with crime goes all through society. If we teach young people that revenge is justice, what do you think they're going to do when they feel like someone wronged them?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

What would be justice (instead of revenge) in your opinion?
If you were raped would you go to the police and report it? Or would you not go and report it because you know that the person would go to prison and you see it as revenge?

edit on 28-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I dont think Cosby would be in prison if he had experience as a lawyer like most politicians.
He admitted guilt when he should have said, I cant recall, or I dont understand or I did not have sex with those women.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

What would be justice (instead of revenge) in your opinion?
If you were raped would you go to the police and report it? Or would you not go and report it because you know that the person would go to prison and you see it as revenge?

Well, this is why we have a system for dealing with such things in the first place, right? If I was raped I would obviously do what is supposed to be done under the conditions that currently exist.

My point is that the current system is really not doing much but causing more problems. It isn't that rapists shouldn't be held accountable. It's that kicking them in the head for 20 years and then letting them go with a destroyed life and reputation probably isn't going to end well.

Let's say some guy goes to prison for rape when he's 19 and spends 30 years in a typical American prison. He gets out and moves in with his sister who lives next door to you because he has nowhere else to go and no hope of getting a job or moving along in any real meaningful way. Do you want this guy as your neighbor?

Cosby is an old man who probably isn't going to be released before he's a complete invalid. Many rapists will be released when they're still relatively young with nothing left to lose.

What I am getting at is the system we have is a complete fail at rehabilitation. It's entirely focused on revenge. And I guess it succeeds at that brilliantly. All I know is I have a hard time getting a job with a spotless record. I can't even imagine what it would be like for someone trying to get a job with rape on their record. Not to mention renting an apartment or any of the other stuff that is involved in having a normal life. What do you expect these people to do after a 30 year timeout and a destroyed reputation?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

What do you suggest?
I suggest - prevention rather than cure.
Shouldn't society be looking to why someone feels the need to drug someone and rape them?

Also why is someone being allowed to kick someones head in for years in a prison? Shouldn't the authorities be protecting people in prison?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

What do you suggest?
I suggest - prevention rather than cure.
Shouldn't society be looking to why someone feels the need to drug someone and rape them?

Also why is someone being allowed to kick someones head in for years in a prison? Shouldn't the authorities be protecting people in prison?

See above. I have edited my post and I'm not typing that again.

Also, I think you were reading it too literally.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Why are prisoners not protected?
There should be cctv everywhere in prison so no one can get away with harming people in prison. Prison would be ok for anyone no matter how old or infirm if there was no threat of being beaten up by inmates.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Isn't he lucky it wasn't a frozen Jello Pudding Pop?

Really? A hot dog roll even a stale one won't leave much of a mark. I guess he's been scarred for life now. PTSD will surface at any future barbeques after his release. Never mind an Oscar Mayer commercial on TV. That giant bun on top of the truck could really bring up painful memories. Maybe solitary until his release is better?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

And his shoe laces. Which aren't necessary with the slippers they have to wear on their feet.
And a cane is a weapon so of course they would not let him have that.
If he is legally blind why isnt he wearing corrective lenses?

link   

Why are prisoners not protected?
There should be cctv everywhere in prison so no one can get away with harming people in prison. Prison would be ok for anyone no matter how old or infirm if there was no threat of being beaten up by inmates.

OK. I tried. You're not comprehending what you're reading and it's too early in the morning for this crap.

link   

See above. I have edited my post and I'm not typing that again.

Also, I think you were reading it too literally.

I still can't see what you suggest as an alternative in your edit.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join