It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby's walk of fame star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Bill Cosby was sentenced yesterday and spent his first of many nights in prison.

He was convicted of drugging and raping an unconscious woman.

So can we now expect the pound me too movement and the multitude of womens rights and feminist organizations to insist that Cosby's star be removed from the wall of fame?

This is a serious question too.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Stupid auto correct

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not Orange enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Look at it as similar to how Albert Pike's statue in Washington DC will never be on the list of confederate statues to pull down.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Not Orange enough.

Hey is your avatar MC Ride? Death Grips dude?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They may make the demands but the organization which has the authority over the Walk of Stars has made it clear they will not remove any stars based upon politics or other issues. The official statement can be found here.

It is regrettable when the personal lives of inductees do not measure up to public standards and expectations; however, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce does not remove stars from the Walk of Fame.

www.walkoffame.com...

The cost of the star is $40 thousand dollars. The fee usually comes from the organization whom nominated the individual, maybe an agent, studio, or even a fan club. They could have problems if they removed a star as someone paid for it to be there.
edit on 9/27/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Yeah I cut it out of this pic.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
They may make the demands but the organization which has the authority over the Walk of Stars has made it clear they will not remove any stars based upon politics or other issues. The official statement can be found here.

It is regrettable when the personal lives of inductees do not measure up to public standards and expectations; however, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce does not remove stars from the Walk of Fame.

www.walkoffame.com...

I was not really concerned if the star was actually removed. I just wonder if it would be protested and if not, why not.

If someone took a pick axe to the star ala trumps, would it be replaced?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe just start up a 'Walk of Infamy' and move it there?

Despite the illiberal left's best efforts in the Kavanuagh hearings, I don't see how rape is a "political issue". Cosby is a convicted rapist and doesn't deserve to be honored in any capacity whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes it will be replaced if not already. They have already vandalized Bill Cosbys star as well.

www.google.com...

Many news organizations have called for the removal of the star with editorials. The star was damaged earlier this month. The Trust that operates the HWOF provides the money for upkeep along with the city council

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Nice.

Maybe they are going at this all wrong.
Leave the damage.
Poetic justice..

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sure, and the number of lawsuits to follow when people walking down the public sidewalk trip and fall will add up. Not to mention the businesses along the sidewalk do not want the sidewalk all broken up in front of their business. I would prefer that people act like grown ups and not vandalize property

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yeah I cut it out of this pic.

Excellent. Good listen when in certain moods.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Good luck with that one...lol

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I do not believe removing statues or other art depictions of anything should be done.

Its a representation.. Of what once where.. And its there for you to hate or love or ignore it.

Removing that star or any statue would be like the nazis burning books.

That said I find Cosby disgusting and hope he dies in prison.

But let that star be.. so we can remember to hate him

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Constantly playing while surfing ATS.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I would think the people that paid for the star could have it removed since the change in circumstances.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I would think the people that paid for the star could have it removed since the change in circumstances.

We do not need to hide from our past by destroying it.. we need to be reminded of it, and point at it.. and tell our children about it

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Maybe just add

He loved to rape.

On his star.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Maybe just add

He loved to rape.

On his star.

Can we add, "I promised to give blowjobs to all men who voted for Hillary" on Madona's star?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I agree...

yet they even removed a tribute to the old Rolf Harris down here in one town.

Just like they are removing Australia Day celebrations, and even the day itself.

it can be tricky to come to terms with what was, with what is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join