It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Camera: Fairy? Sprite? Willowisp? Pixie?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Praying Mantis. The elongated section that is clearly the front-end of what direction it's flying; is too long to be a moth.

And, Bats love eating mantis.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Most likely a beetle of some sort.
Or a fairy.
Maybe a tiny interstellar space-craft.

Yup. Micro Aliens.
Trying to causally fit in as an Earth fairy or beetle.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
a reply to: saint4God
If I had to guess, based on the shape, I would say it is a large moth. It seems to sharp and well defined to me, I am guessing photoshop..wish it was a fairy.

I have no photoshop skills, at least not since college a few decades ago, but maybe Xfinity is doing something in their home security control room to mess with me. That would be a fun conspiracy, yes?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Moth is a good candidate I think, though the wing flapping seems to be missing.

Its either a moth or mosquito.

What frame rate does the camera capture?

Flapping of wings will be detectable if its a very high frame rate.

I should have at least one wing shape change here somewhere even for low resolution, unless it's a helicopter timing effect where the shutter speed synchronizes with movement.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
Praying Mantis. The elongated section that is clearly the front-end of what direction it's flying; is too long to be a moth.

And, Bats love eating mantis.

Could be, though I'm having a hard time making out the mantis shape in the video. Speaking of, Mantis style in Kung Fu was difficult for me, I preferred snake.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Its either a moth or mosquito.

What frame rate does the camera capture?

Flapping of wings will be detectable if its a very high frame rate.

Good question & point, I wasn't able to find many details about the camera hardware. It does has some neat features like some motion tracking and live zoom. If I had to guess, it looks around 30fps to me so definitely not a good device for online gaming. It would've been nice to see the flapping beetle...er...fairy wings.
edit on 29-10-2018 by saint4God because: Added detail

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For this video and case i really cant tell if its really good CGI/VFX but i do know if this was VFX it shouldn't have being to hard to do in Nuke/AE. Maybe it was VFX still.
edit on 29-10-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
For this video and case i really cant tell if its really good CGI/VFX but i do know if this was VFX it shouldn't have being to hard to do in Nuke/AE. Maybe it was VFX still.

If it's CGI, then XFinity is playing a prank on me. I don't know what Nuke/AE is but sounds like a post-apocalyptic sci-fi. I haven't the skills to edit video other than snip the beginning and end on my phone. Xfinity makes it easy to download from them, just one click.
edit on 30-10-2018 by saint4God because: Added last sentence

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join