It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: mirageman

I imagine that TTSA will "answer" both RFI and "Roswell".

Just sit back and do nothing... and an answer will be forthcoming!

Yes Kevin exactly that.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well follow-on question then.

If "cookie" was drugged and mind mangled, then I'm curious about
the following:

1) assuming she was mind mangled, was it near the time of the
events.. or was she created closer to the modern day.

2) More importantly.. why all the delay in having her come forward
to support a narrative.. which seems to me to conflict with Halt
(though Halt was all over the place too) and it's far too convenient
for JP of course.. she just happened to see him with a triangular
craft when nobody else did, not even JB who was nearby.

I can understand why games might have been played 25+ years
ago.. but why now as well?

Is Roswell going to be "proven next" as involving a triangular
craft, alien runes and a binary download?

Maybe some female truckdriver named "dough" will show up
and reveal that. Though she'd have to be about 90 years
old.
edit on 26-9-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I don't have any answers to the when, why or where.

Perhaps listening to the video clip presented and then the two full podcasts presented here will satisfy your curiosity?

Rendlesham Witness Cookie

RAF Bentwaters Witnesses go on the Record

edit on 26/9/2018 by mirageman because: Added link

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

There's a particular radio show podcast I try to avoid.. but just this
once I listened to "Cookie".

I don't know what to say. If you believe her, you don't need any other
witnesses. It's way too cozy and "fake earnest" for my liking however.

The way to tell something about RFI is "fake" is if it's too coherent and
the recounting hasn't changed at least 10 times.. that's the certain
sign it's a pure fake.

Kev

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Cookie (AKA Belinda Vaughn) was a girlfriend of Larry Warren's at one point. She was discussed ten years ago on the long-defunct 'Rendlesham-Incident Forum" which is a fascinating archive of important RFI characters, including Ian Ridpath popping in and out to rain on everyone's parade - at one point stating that Warren never discussed the UFO with Cookie who also never noticed any trauma or anything different about him after the incident.

With the Capel Green film due soon, as MM knows, the timing of Larry Warren's claims has always tickled my interest, so I've tried to extricate some logicality from the confusion, using info from that site (rather than 'Left At East Gate') alongside already established stories. In June 2008, Burroughs asked Warren to clarify the all-important TIMING of Capel Green. Larry insisted he set out with Englund, Bustinza, Thompson, Longero, and one other. Englund and others (presumably Bustinza) later joined Halt whilst Warren headed towards Capel Green in the direction of the light house, able to see Halt's distant investigation in progress.

When the main Capel Green event occurred, in 2008 Warren was "sure" Halt had been present, presumably having followed the red orb there where Halt says it split into three; Larry says it exploded over a yellow fog, transforming into an "aspirin"-shaped craft (also described by Bustinza who must have just arrived with Halt).

SO FAR SO GOOD (more or less) regarding Warren's story coalescing with Halt's. However, that was the point where Warren has traditionally described three 'light beings' greeting Commander Williams, and the story went nuts. But in 2008, Warren may have been conceding it was Halt rather than Williams. Halt's tape describes the 'explosion' but then jumps to descriptions of beams of light coming down before Halt heads back to base. Is there a major incident missing from the tape? If so, is that where Halt's recent assertion of ET activity stems from?

To add confusion about Williams' participation, though, according to zardoz, talk show host Lee Spiegel interviewed Halt at his home in 1985, and recalls the following:

When I asked Halt whether or not it was true that Base Commander Williams [sic] had some sort of very close encounter with alien beings, with a possible communication, Halt didn't get defensive and didn't ask me to have my crew step outside . . . My camera crew never came into Halt's home, just myself and an NBC producer, no one else. So re. Williams, all that Halt said was that he couldn't comment on what happened, not denying it, not confirming it.

So, to a point, Warren's story with its rough edges filed away is not that far removed from Halt's. Bustinza recalled Halt's presence instead of Williams, and no 'greeting' of aliens, although in 2015 he did remember JB later being bathed in the blue light alongside a 'shadow figure' - a figure he also described as earlier appearing alongside Warren when the 'aspirin' materialised. In 2008, Warren also confirmed seeing JB in plain clothes when he returned from Capel Green.

We really need Bustinza to give a more lucid follow-up interview; a shame that never occurred as planned.

edit on 26-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

James Penniston and that Binary Code

Jim Penniston is another witness with a problematic story. Although it’s nowhere near as bad as Warren’s. There is no doubt Penniston was one of the original witnesses and the senior officer during off-base investigations conducted on the 26th December 1980.

After that there are plenty of doubts about his ever expanding story. Penniston had appeared on many TV and radio shows and at a number of conferences until going virtually silent after the publication of a book “Encounter in Rendlesham Forest” which he co-authored with John Burroughs and Nick Pope (ex- British MoD). Penniston remains completely alone with his claims to have seen a mechanical craft of some sort in his initial statement although he does mention red and blue lights that Burroughs and Cabansag saw.

Penniston has slowly introduced other elements to his story. In ITV’s UK documentary series “Strange But True (1994)” he mentioned that he saw strange symbols on the craft as it rapidly disappeared. In later years he has claimed he spent 45 minutes photographing the craft, taking notes and even touched, what he describes, as a glasslike surface on the landed craft. Etched into the surface were symbols that he also drew in his notebook. He has also attempted to relegate the roles of Cabansag (claiming he was further back and used as a radio relay) and Burroughs (taking advantage of Burroughs claims that after hitting the ground the lights disappeared rapidly by making out Burroughs was prostrate and unconscious. Rather than checking on his partner he then chose to spend 45 minutes inspecting a craft of unknown origin).

In 2010 Penniston revealed that he had also received a “binary” code download from the craft while filming an episode of Ancient Aliens. It is supposed to be a message from our far future.

So what did he reveal? Besides some obvious spelling mistakes?

Well firstly it seems that Hy-Brasil is one of the mystical locations that Penniston didn’t like first but then agreed with because it fitted his agenda.

The first co-ordinates publicly released were given as 52.0942532N, 13.131269W.

The location is off the West Coast of Ireland. Supposedly the mythical island Hy-Brasil. It was grasped upon by the History Channel in Ancient Aliens. Penniston then embraced the Hy-Brasil theory.

The co-ordinates of the main market square at the centre of Woodbridge in Suffolk on Google Earth were:
52.0942532N, 1.3131269E (note how the decimal point moves as well)

So what do we have?

The (adjusted) binary points to - 52.0942532N, 13.131269W

Woodbridge is located at - 52.0942532N, 1.3131269E

An easy mistake is for Americans to be unaware that the Greenwich Meridian runs through the far Eastern side of Britain and assume everything is to the West (as it is in the USA with the exception of the extremes of Alaska).

So swap the west for east and then cheat with one shift of the decimal point (which wasn’t present at all in the original “binary code") and the co-ordinates point to the town centre of Woodbridge. Penniston can argue that was a moment of impairment and confusion possibly even the onset of serious mental problems. We can question his whole story and whether this minor point is relevant or not.

Finally we come to his other co-ordinates from the binary code.

It would seem that Jim Penniston, or someone connected to him, lifted most of the co-ordinates from www.sacred-destinations.com before late 2010. Even if they didn’t the co-ordinates have a signature leading back to a certain source.
Here are the links to the pages of sacred-destinations.com with the coordinates as they are and were in March 2010 some 9 months before the Woodbridge Conference:

Caracol, Belize - 16.763177° N, 89.117768° W
www.sacred-destinations.com...
tinyurl.com...

Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt - 29.977836° N, 31.131649° E
No current page
tinyurl.com...

Nazca Lines in Peru - 14.701505° S, 75.137043° W
tinyurl.com...

Tai Shan, China - 36.256845° N, 117.100632° E
tinyurl.com...

Naxos Portara, Greece - 37.110195° N, 25.372281° E
tinyurl.com...

Link to Jim's co-ordinates
Since the fifth decimal of each co-ordinate covers about 1 metre, and the sixth decimal covers an area of just 10 cm, then probability that all five sets of coordinates match to within a metre is a coincidence of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 : 1

The probability that Jim’s coordinates would match sacred-destinations.com back in 2010 is 99.99%

Pretty much a certainty. If he didn’t do it then someone else fed him this information using the co-ordinates.
Accusations have been made that the Wayback Machine was hacked to discredit Jim’s story and prove that the co-ordinates were there before 2010. Actually if anyone thinks that one through there would be no need to do anything like that. His binary code must have been created long after 1980.

The ASCII standard has always been 7-bit. Jim's messages are in 8-bit ASCII.

8 bit 'ASCII extensions' only came into fashion from 1981 onwards, with DOS, the IBM-PC, .. (Ref.).
(In these 8-bit extensions a 0 was placed in front of the standard 7-bit ASCII codes.)

Why bother Jim with all these extra 0's in 1980 ..?

Encoding the whole 916 bit message for 7 bits ASCII, reading left to right:

=V=====A=======H=S=====Y========T=0=M===L=N=L===D=6=U=4=9=I==U=U=T2==P=====Q=R=P=E2===DC==U=I=H=S=====A===4=9=I=====U=SH6==R=====I
E===D=I=T=S=====U=P==JQ26668=L===H=9==FS=I=1=L=3=H=9=P===Q======S===I=L=SHU===Y=Q====9==F==U=Q=C=S=DJ9=T=P===Q=N=S=E=E====A=B=QI==
=X=======I=SI====M=SI=======1===S===4===3=8=3=L===X=W=S====SJT=U=QI==A=A===D=I2A==H======NU=====O=Q=====E=S=====U=U=U=N=XU=I=E====
=0P=====Q=O====BU=A===EIYYY==0=======2=L===D=1=L==1==C=SJDI=====M=====1=N=U=====D==========TJDB==O=====Q=C=SJDJ9=O=====C1=====F=TH
===L=TH====N=Q===5=N=U==333AD=0=LF=IP=5=LI==L=3=LF=J==O====N=S=U=F=TJ====E====J==V=R=HH42=U=======D=SH====O=====U=T=T=9==T=====O==
UBA=O===DJ==O=R=T===I==========5=====H=3==F==D=1==G====N====U=U=5=O===D=9=T=TK====A========R===4===I===D===N=======U=T==E==H====R=
===1=R=U===9=G===T=9=T=MMMN=====2===C=T=2===3=L=2=======

More on Penniston’s inconsistencies @ www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the past 8 years Jim has been working with Gary Osborn trying to work out how to commercialize his story in a book and iron out all the inconsistencies in his story from reading forums like this.

>>>continues below>>>>

So you are suggesting Jim had an accomplice. Dont forget the binary goes back to Linda's day. I see a circle spin here.

What did you do to Jim. Its not Xmas yet!!

Osborn is on a roll just now even discussing levenda . You not up to date😐.

But then ALL roads lead to
TTSA or shall do. Yes?

edit on 27-9-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
He also ignored his colleague John Burroughs for that length of time who he claims was prostrate and unconscious on the ground. Violating his duty of care as his senior officer and potentially leaving him for dead. (He wlll also update this story with his excuse in due time)

That definately would give Halt motive to not want the truth to will out, particularly in addition to the 'evidence' that Burroughs' hypnosis presents, that he was, against his better judgement, encouraged by those in seniority to approach the light. What's that? Negligence and reckless endangerment on top of, as you point out, not ensuring he received timely medical assistance.

The whole 'Cookie' thing, and I don't know how much weight to give that, screams scopolamine to me.

Good job, many thanks for your time and effort.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Halt is back in Woodbridge next year. There is even a new page about it. They selling laminated collectors tickets for £20 each. I guess no jail time yet, if ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I suspect that the Asprin UFO never existed and Bustinza simply gave an uneasy agreement to Warren's expanding story.

The biggest thing that Warren did was to sabotage any real experience he had with this conflated story.

The Asprin UFO has some very odd characteristics that suggest two things:
- It features characteristic technology 15-25 years away - but Earth technology
- The technology would not have been known to the airmen at the time and during the CNN special

I believe that the most important part of Warren's involvement is not that his story is accurate - it is clearly too tainted by other events and, is that Warren should have had no knowledge or experience of the systems described.

I'm talking about latency and calibration when Warren and Bustinza see their shadows moving sluggishly over the craft.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
I believe that the most important part of Warren's involvement is not that his story is accurate - it is clearly too tainted by other events and, is that Warren should have had no knowledge or experience of the systems described.

However, for me, it gives credence to "something" happening and his grasping to try to explain what that something was, even if that something was a trigger for mental illness. If that is the case though, the treatment of those men by the VA and DoD seems tantamount to the cruel and unusual.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Who has a mental illness???

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

So you are suggesting Jim had an accomplice. Dont forget the binary goes back to Linda's day. I see a circle spin here.

All I am saying is that this binary code download story would not stand up under oath in a court of law. There was no mention of binary co-ordinates in 1990s (which I would hardly say was Linda's day. She had been Dotyfied a good decade before). Jim never even explored the meaning of binary codes after that brief mention as people had to explain what they were when he forgot to take them out of his notebook during the filming of Ancient Aliens in 2010. He and Halt play the bumbling incompetent fools when they need to.

I don't follow Ozzy Osborn so you'll have to expand on what you mean.

Is everyone on board the TTSA bus now?

edit on 27/9/2018 by mirageman because: Taken from "The Musical - Go Suffolk Yourself"

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Warren's story is almost certainly a mish-mash of his own imagination, gossip flying around about the incident in the aftermath, and a large part of Adrian's story that he ran with for years. I suspect Bustinza (for personal reasons) never wanted to really talk about the incident and so was happy to let Larry get it all out there. Hence why there appears to be some correlation with Halt's and others stories.

Moving on to "Cookie" . She was interviewed by Georgina Bruni in 1998 for her online Magazine. I did a bit more digging and although I haven't the original article it is quoted on UFO Updates.

LARRY WARREN'S EX GIRLFRIEND SPEAKS OUT

According to LINDY (COOKIE) VAUGHN, there were many unexplained incidents that occurred at the twin bases of Bentwaters/Woodbridge. Cookie was stationed at the bases during the infamous UFO incident which was reported to have taken place during December 1980. She and LARRY WARREN,an alleged UFO experiencer and co author of LEFT AT EAST GATE, with PETER ROBBINS, were dating for a while, but apparently he never discussed his encounter with her and she wasn't involved in that incident.

Cookie and Larry met in Texas, whilst she was still in basic training and he was in tech school. Larry had told her he was going to Bentwaters and she wanted to be stationed in the UK too.

Says Cookie

"I put on my dream sheet and that's what I got. Bentwaters! Larry and I were both from New York, and we first became friends, then started dating. It was a brief but nice relationship, and we saw London together and enjoyed good conversation."

Like Larry Warren, Cookie was a young SP, and for a time she drove a delivery supply truck, working the night shift and travelling between the bases. She claims she saw more than a few unexplained sights, but quit reporting the incidents because she was accused of being an over reactive female, scared of the dark etc.... Explains Cookie.

"I'm not afraid of shadows, just some of the things that like to hide in them. I can tell you that what I saw was no lighthouse lights, not any make of Russian, British or American aircraft, and I'm very familiar with birds. What I saw was nothing that I was familiar with. What you must understand is that the famous incident is only a fraction, a bit of time out of a long history in that part of the world."

"I got the impression that someone was watching us. Several times I saw a bright silent craft and each time I saw it, it would separate into three, maybe five other smaller crafts - and I do mean that they were silent. Not only would I not hear it, but I wouldn't hear the normal sounds of animals and birds until it/they were gone, and then on a couple of occasions the dogs would create a stir. I got the strongest impression that the locals also saw these sights on a regular basis, and just accepted it. I would feel a presence so far beyond my own. It was always a feeling of awe, not fright. I didn't feel danger - just anticipation. You must go and visit there, walk the area, spend some time - night and day and get the feeling of the place."

Cookie says she has heard about Larry Warren's book LEFT AT EAST
GATE, but she hasn't read it. .....

Source : ufoupdateslist.com...

So there you go. Another one with a totally different story 20 years ago and 18 years after the original incident.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The best thing about ufology are the stories & mythologies that arise from the topic. "Humans lift the veil that covers the abyss and touch the unknowable - here's their story".

The worst thing about ufology are the "witnesses". Not always mind you, but it's hard to traipse through the trenches without getting some of the "crazy" mud on your boots. Every time the community digs out more mud the IC is there to shovel it right back in. It's become a game to see who can shovel faster.

With cases like Rendlesham, Roswell, Kecksburg, etc it is easier for the IC to maintain control of a narrative because they have been involved in the obfuscation from the start, decades ago when such a thing could be done, but with mysteries like the recent Solar Observatory closure it has become apparent that it's harder for the IC to control information now when news can spread globally at the speed of light and every random Joe with a drone and an internet connection can bypass security/information barricades. Imagine if the Kecksburg incident happened in 2018 - it would have been all over YouTube before NASA's recovery teams even hit the ground.

We live in interesting times.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Here is Osborn's link. He mentions Peter Levenda . This does not surprise me in light of the recent show with John Peter and Linda.

www.facebook.com...

I agree with all you say except that when I mention Linda, I simply mean the binary was first written about by Linda in the 90s.

The sign posts for boarding the TTSA bus are out, hidden in plain sight. I have tickets available just PM me to purchase.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The ASCII standard has always been 7-bit. Jim's messages are in 8-bit ASCII. 8 bit 'ASCII extensions' only came into fashion from 1981 onwards, with DOS, the IBM-PC, .. (Ref.).

It is true that the ASCII standard was always a 7-bit code back then, but it was always represented in computers of the day as an 8-bit data structure. The 8th bit was a parity bit, set to represent the calculation of odd or even parity. Computers and modems of the day notoriously made single bit errors and it was required. When extended ASCII (full 8 bit) was implemented, then error correction was typically a CRC calculation at the end of a block of characters.

The leading zeros in all of his byte codes are true to the data structure, but obviously redundant if only encoding 7 bit values. The possible 128 available codes in 7-bit ASCII still contain a lot of non-printables (control codes, format effectors) which did have values (shown as your "=" signs), but not readily decipherable and the content of a lot of controversy in attempted meanings.

BTW: Excellent thread re-generation and thanks!
edit on 27-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

"Several times I saw a bright silent craft and each time I saw it, it would separate into three, maybe five other smaller crafts - and I do mean that they were silent. Not only would I not hear it, but I wouldn't hear the normal sounds of animals and birds until it/they were gone,"

In "Encounters with Star People" the most common thing to see is one thing separating
into many things, and reassembling. I take some of those stories in that book as
probable.. Native American's saw such things before the white man came to kill
him. And of course the 'quiet side effect' is also very common.. lots of people on
ATS have experienced it, including me.

Of course "cookie" being related to Larry Warren is a "kiss of death".

I find it interesting that hallmarks of a genuine sighting are slipped into
all this mess.

Maybe the deceivers are finally catching on, to use some 'truth' to enhance
the lie. It's a common technique.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Who has a mental illness???

Most of us on ATS for example.. according to Kit Green.
But I know that you were looking for a different answer.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I would like a ticket Baa or a rental on a Semi-Van if possible?

A one way trip to ZondoLand please with a stop off at Delonge Towers for a few snaps, followed by an excursion to Knapp Canyon and finally finishing off my trip with a bite to eat at Kits Diner, I've heard they have a Bigelow Burger Challenge, but you have to eat it through your nose!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The most obvious answer to me, in these stories of military and UFO's is the fact that the subject of UFO's is still highly classified today.
Military counter intelligence is still doing what they have always been doing.
Even the famous debunkers of old have been outed as CIA sponsored moles to ridicule everything UFO
Obviously that doesn't mean every UFO report is legitimate, but those just make it so much easier to rubbish real accounts.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join