It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buff tech, new to posting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey, all. I've been around for a few years but ever had the want to dive into the political poo slinging going on recently. Anyways, 20 year avionics technician currently on B-52s. Prior navy avionics and offshore oil and gas remotely operated vehicle pilot with Oceaneering International. Look forward to good times.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Warheadzonforeheadz

six year avionics tech on C130s a while back. welcome. Is the avionics bay in bomber large and luxurious like the 130? I was MAC back when that was a thing. We didn't socialize with the upper crusties. Stuck with the trash haulers. Good luck here. A lot can be learned by digging back a few years. This site didn't used to be as political as it is now, but then, neither was the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Compared to working on EA-6Bs and Ospreys, this thing is a palace for avionics. It's also a nightmare as far as working gripes on the ancient electronics.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Warheadzonforeheadz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum. Barksdale or Minot?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Warheadzonforeheadz
Compared to working on EA-6Bs and Ospreys, this thing is a palace for avionics. It's also a nightmare as far as working gripes on the ancient electronics.

Were you in the business back when Minot lost that Nuke?

ETA: if you have to fix the ADF radio, just slam it back into it's slide. Seemed to fix the issues more times than not.
edit on 26-9-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm actually at tinker as a civilian tech.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Probably not I joined the navy in 1999 and just started at Tinker in 2015.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry.

We used to get jets back from Tinker and put them straight into phase to fix all the things wrong with them.
edit on 9/26/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

alright. I was in 1990 to nintysix. There was a big stink about that missing nuke a while back. It would be one of those gems I mentioned if you have time to go back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Haha I'm sure we go back and forth, we've gotten some jets in from Barksdale that have some hemmed up wiring fixes. Behind the Rnav stations is the worst.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I've seen some of the stuff that has been sent to you guys. I think the best though was one of our EC-135s. It went through PDM and had the wings put back on crooked. Damn thing never flew right again.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
welcome

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Haha how does that even happen?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I have no idea honestly. We sent it back and they straightened them, but apparently it was pissed that it even happened in the first place, because it flew wrong until it went into storage.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Did you hear about incident where the flaps fell off during take off? I wasn't here yet but it almost crashed the jet. Made it all the way through depot and still fell off.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I heard about that right after it happened. I was impressed. Both that after all the incidents over the years they still managed to do it, and that they got the jet back. They made it sound like no big deal, but those flaps can do a lot of damage coming off the wing.

You should check out the Aircraft Projects forum. We've got lots of fun threads.
edit on 9/26/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Welcome, Crew chief here on the buff 97-01, also worked the B-1, KC-135, and spent some time as an FE on AWACS.

We got a lot of former zoomies floating around here.

new topics

top topics

join