It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35B combat debut reportedly imminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FredT

You're not going to see waves of tanks or armored vehicles coming through Fulda Gap anymore

I think the Apache's would halt them PDQ anyway, that and the Typhoon with 12 Brimstone each. Tanks..meh...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The aircraft were loaded with GBU-12s, GBU-32s, and a GAU-22. Under the canopy was the name Lt. Col. C.K. 'Otis' Raible. Col Raible was commander of VMFA-211, the same squadron that flew the mission, in September of 2012. While deployed to Afghanistan, the unit came under attack, resulting in the destruction of several of their AV-8B aircraft. Col Raible, grabbed his pistol and began to organize the defenders, and attempted to protect the remaining aircraft, when he was fatally wounded. The Navy couldn't confirm that the aircraft with his name on it conducted the strike, but did confirm his name was painted on one of the aircraft that flew on the mission.

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nice touch - where is the Essex? Do we know how far the mission was, with Afg being landlocked and support from a carrier they must have covered some distance?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Gulf of Arabia.

Obviously needed tanker support.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Gulf of Arabia.

Obviously needed tanker support.

Damn, we need those stealthy STOVL tankers, actually with Japan, Australia (potentially) the UK and the US and maybe Spain using small carriers wouldn't be a bad thing if they made one!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who are they overflying, Pakistan?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

yup

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Cost per hour is high for the F-15 fleet. I think the 100 or so C's left active will go to the Guard and Reserve soon'ish. Then the F-15E fleet costs will start to climb. Tough decisions to be made soon regarding the fleet make up.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Speaking of timing out, the 10th aircraft in the 4th Fighter Wing (F-15Es out of Seymour Johnson) reached 10,000 flight hours. It was the first aircraft assigned to a training unit (333rd or 334th FS) to reach that milestone. It was assigned to the base in July 1990, and moved to the 333rd in January 2010.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
warisboring.com...

If, a big if mind, this article is true then it could affect combat performance when high intensity kicks in.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Take anything from POGO with a grain of salt. They're notoriously anti F-35. No one is denying that there are issues with the aircraft, but they'll blow up any small problem into some life threatening issue that is about to cause the plane to crash any second.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have noticed a lot with the F-35 is blown out of proportion. Tbh it’s expected really with the price tag and size of the programme.

There’s no way they would have flown it in combat if there was issues....... imagine losing one on the maiden flight.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They would, if they thought the issues were under control, or had fixes imminent, but not if they had the serious issues that people claim they have.

For example, the transponder not switching to 7700. Total BS. First off, what happens if he doesn't eject? The same thing they claim will happen if it doesn't switch to 7700. Then there is the seat ELT, the aircraft based ELT, and the manual ELT that will all tell that the aircraft crashed. But all of that is ignored, because that doesn't go with their "It can crash and no one would know" narrative.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

They would, if they thought the issues were under control, or had fixes imminent, but not if they had the serious issues that people claim they have.

For example, the transponder not switching to 7700. Total BS. First off, what happens if he doesn't eject? The same thing they claim will happen if it doesn't switch to 7700. Then there is the seat ELT, the aircraft based ELT, and the manual ELT that will all tell that the aircraft crashed. But all of that is ignored, because that doesn't go with their "It can crash and no one would know" narrative.

Oh wow that’s reaching for sure how do some of these guys even think this crap up? They have some kind of backdoor F-35 hate think tank I don’t know about?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

They look for every little problem that is brought up, hand it to someone that knows that planes fly and that is about it, and tell them to write 5000 words or more.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: BigDave-AR

They look for every little problem that is brought up, hand it to someone that knows that planes fly and that is about it, and tell them to write 5000 words or more.
And I missed out on this gravy train?!?! I feel cheated....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good week for the F-35. Got a couple firsts out of the way. First combat sorties, first crash.....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I still say that they are being funded by Boeing's PR department. Make everybody thing that the F-35 is a POS so that they will order more Super Hornets. They conveniently forget all of the teething problems that the Hornets had.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I wouldn't be surprised honestly.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I agree blown of of proportion. However they present it. It’s all about those paper sales or amount of clicks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join