It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any truth to this story going around

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A Story has been going around social media for about a week about a dolphin in a pool at a water park somewhere in Thailand that has been abandoned. I guess the park was closed down but they left a dolphin in the tank, and a number of penguins also. I thought I read that there were a few people trying to provide care to them until they could find a place to transport them too, but that they're getting distressed...

Any truth to this? Trying to find out if it's more fake news BS.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've read this story, it appears true.

The park closed down, and they're in negotiations with other parks to rehome the animals, give me a moment and I'll try to find it,

Eta; Independent article discussing the case

Sad times,

edit on 25/9/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

edit on 25/9/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Well that's f#cking heartbreaking. Poor little bastard is probably wondering where everyone went.

How can they close the park before relocating the animals?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Omg...
Please someone lie to me and say that someone is feeding this poor thing.

Edit:

Along with 46 humboldt penguins and hundreds of other fish and reptiles, she remains at the aquarium, an official at the Chiba prefectural Health and Welfare department confirmed.

Employees have been regularly feeding the animals, he said. 

edit on 25-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23800245]Wide-Eyes[/ because hopefully the handlers are still getting paid, have to look yet...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Honey doesn't even appear to have shade and it's probably not deep enough for her to dive for shade. Why hasn't someone just gone and removed them without official permission? Who is going to complain if that happens? This is Japan too; a supposed first world country... I can't believe we still do this to animals in 2018.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well that's f#cking heartbreaking. Poor little bastard is probably wondering where everyone went.

How can they close the park before relocating the animals?

Exactly! There is no excuse for this! They should have had this all worked out before closing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If they didn't even bother to have plans in place to get their reactors to cold shutdown that are in a known earthquake / tsunami area, this is unsurprising.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
A Story has been going around social media for about a week about a dolphin in a pool at a water park somewhere in Thailand that has been abandoned. I guess the park was closed down but they left a dolphin in the tank, and a number of penguins also. I thought I read that there were a few people trying to provide care to them until they could find a place to transport them too, but that they're getting distressed...

Any truth to this? Trying to find out if it's more fake news BS.

It's worse than that for animals jammed in cages or chained to something for years..and much, much worse.

It sounds like you've found a wonderful cause to champion for! You'd be great! Think about it. GreenPeace, PETA...many many out there...thank you.

Best, MS

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yup this is Japan, they really LOVE their Dolphins! I hope they get her out soon

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
a reply to: Identified

Yup this is Japan, they really LOVE their Dolphins! I hope they get her out soon

God I really wish I hadn't seen that, nothing less than mass murder.
There's so many great things about Japan(they make the best guitars in the world) but their treatment of dolphins and whales is something I have a real hard time reconciling with....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

dont worry. it is fake news. they made it like a movie.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Okay then... WTF is wrong with Japan and China and Thailand and India.. All I see and read about is horrible animal abuse, abandonment, neglect and horrific torture coming out of these countries. I wish I were a billionaire.... I would form a large affluent group of vigilantes and we'd spend 100% of our time taking out these sick #ing cowards. I curse those lands and pray for a massive EQ followed by Tsunami to wipe it all clean, animals included. Isn't that horrible of me to say? Yup... I no longer care.

As far as getting PETA or another agency involved... the story has been viral for over a week, I am sure one if not all of those organizations are already involved in the relocation effort.

How about relocate them to the SEA where they #ing belong morons??????

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

maybe they are eating some dogs in some of the places you mention. but just maybe.

also you may want to know in this case i ate some fish on sunday.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Yeah they're eating dogs all right and hey, if that's their culture, so be it.
It's the fashion in which they kill the dog to eat it that I can't tolerate.

The bigger problem is the outright blatant torture of animals that's spreading around like wild-fire. It's sickening, absolutely sickening and heart breaking. If these cowards can do these things to innocent animals, imagine what they could do to people!

Why would I care that you ate fish on Sunday?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

you dont care what i ate on sunday and you care about what a dolphin eats nowadays?
edit on 26-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

you dont care what i ate on sunday and you care about what a dolphin eats nowadays?

I'd assume, that within reason, you get to pick and choose what and when you eat.

Honey the dolphin, abandoned and alone in an isolated pool, I'd assume, doesn't.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

you assume too much.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

you assume too much.

You troll too much. I liked your posts at first but having a stab at someone because the lonely dolphin tugged at their heart strings is just low...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

i like my posts better each day. check your pm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join