It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes Benz AMG Project One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For a cool $2.7 Mill only
Mercedes-Benz gives first glimpse of F1-powered Project One hypercar

I've started saving for a 3 day lease of the car - now to book a racetrack!

Just to be on the safe side - I'll take some flying lessons in case I have lift-off (0 to 124 miles per hour in 6 seconds.)

www.news.com.au... 69a35d0020fcada9db5f9f74c7aaa

The high-performance plug-in hybrid powertrain consists of an integrated turbocharged petrol powered engine and four electric motors. The 1.6-litre V6 hybrid petrol engine comes directly from Mercedes-AMG’s F1 racing car and features an electric motor that powers the turbocharger exclusively.

The combination of petrol-electric engines produce in excess of 740kW.

The Project One has a rear wheel drive bias with the F1-style petrol-electric hybrid unit (+500kW) powering the back tyres and a pair of electric motors (240kW) powering the front wheels.

fortune.com...

The Project One vehicle, as they’re calling it, is a high-performance hybrid with an 8-speed manual transmission, an output of more than 1,000 horsepower, and the ability to reach speed above 217 miles per hour. Oh, and it can travel from 0 to 124 miles per hour in 6 seconds.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Mercedes are sweet

...if you like dudes

Jk..looks cool

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks like a McLaren F1 / Audi R8 cross.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What's the cost for the 3 day lease ?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

hahaha - the first batch apparently going to USA, I wouldn't even know If you could rent them

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Driving one of them on the track would be epic, there would little to no power lag through the gears.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I bet they've sold them all already.

Nice motor.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A car like that in a country that has a speed limit of 70 on the Interstates?

What would be the point?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I've had my twin turbo Z4 Beamer up to a miserable 170kms; saw a car approaching had to slow down.

The Merc - seriously, its an F1 clone from the sounds of it

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

There are limits and there are ways around those limits, but you're right it would be underutilized

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You need to be on autobarn for the beamer , I took my ss ute up to 200 , that was scary, especially on our below average roads.

All this fast car talk makes me want to trade my land cruiser for something a little stealthier.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

impotent males are supposed to buy them. there is such a rule.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I've done 125mph+ on empty motorways in Civics and Golfs. It's like speed is always the same when you get used to it. I wouldn't drive as fast again or at least not for long runs. The odd ton now and then is all.

Same as people with big houses or acres of garden. They don't *need* the space, but it's always nice to have.

It looks a bit innocuous though. I'd have it sprayed black with some flames down the sides and LED rings on the wheels. Toss in some extra body kit, fish tail spoiler and louvred vents up the hood. Oh yeah, and put an NYC hat on that roof air intake...at a rakish angle of course.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I wouldn't drive as fast again or at least not for long runs. The odd ton now and then is all.

Yeah theres the initial thrill, then you think of the consequences and you slow down, too many other idiots in the road.

When young our uncles and dad would go on long runs ( 4/5 cars) - we thought nothing of overtaking getting up to 85/90 mph. Less cars in the roads back then and people actually indicated when overtaking. No one tailgated.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

trade my land cruiser for something a little stealthier.

LOL we had a Ford Courier crew cab at one stage. Been there down that. Used to also have a falcon 82 4.1 ltr.

You need to be on autobarn for the beamer , I took my ss ute up to 200

200? Freaky ....

I dont get the autobarn reference?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

You've had 1200 posts in 1 month - why do I get the feeling you are not who you make out to be.

Taking some as an example some would conclude that you are perhaps 12 or 13 years of age.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I saw an old guy roll his car last week after hitting the accelerator instead of his brake. It was a write off and he was tangled up, half upside down in the wreckage. Luckily he was OK apart from a few cuts off the broken glass and I was able to help him out of the vehicle.

Just before he careened in front of us my passengers were asking me to go faster. If I'd been at the turning one or two seconds sooner we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. As it happened, I was able to brake to avoid him and was able to make myself useful. I pulled over and ran across expecting to see the worst.

Like you say..."consequences." I'm a recovering speedaholic and incidents like that reinforce the wisdom of driving sensibly.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for that. Point taken.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

why am i not suprised any more when i see people confess that they just check this or that about me? because there are so many of you interested in what i am doing why i am doing what am i?

i will give you a clue. you should aaallll unite against me and better do it before i am over with this flu..which i suspect i am already.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i have always spoken out of experience and i know a lot and i dont like mercedes benz drivers.

tell me if i have to like them again and we can begin the fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join