It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After chaotic day, Rosenstein stays in job but will meet with Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: JasonBillung

Firing those investigating the President is by definition obstruction. Very high crime, impeachable crime in fact.

Rosenstein wrote the memo for the justification of firing Comey. Trump did the actual deed.

Only if they fire him because of the investigation.

They could fire him if he came to work drunk every day, or beat his wife, or waved his gun around and shot at school children, right?

I was attempting to clarify your statement, not erase your entire premise.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Kharron

Does anyone know where the report came from about him resigning?

If I had to guess I’d say John Barron.

Spanky trying to orchestrate a bigly distraction on Thursday, when Ford will be testifying live to the country against the alleged serial rapist SC nominee the GOP are ramming through. Not very transparent. Looks pretty desperate, though.

In all fairness, he did not rape anyone. He was more like this guy:

With some pussy grabbing mixed in, for good measure.

Allegedly.

edit on 24-9-2018 by Kharron because: add quote, ATS acting weird and slow

link   

Firing those investigating the President is by definition obstruction. Very high crime, impeachable crime in fact.

Rosenstein wrote the memo for the justification of firing Comey. Trump did the actual deed.

Thats not true, as the poster above shows.

For example, trump fired Comey at a time when comey admits trump was being investigated. Hence what was he obstructing?

If he fires rosenstein for threatening to wear a wire to record him and try to remove him form office, that is not obstruction.

link   

Spanky trying to orchestrate a bigly distraction on Thursday, when Ford will be testifying live to the country against the alleged serial rapist SC nominee the GOP are ramming through. Not very transparent. Looks pretty desperate, though.

Interesting idea. Trump does know how to play the media. I have heard estimates that during the election he received over a billion dollars of free air time through calculated media manipulation.

I also heard a highly speculative rumor on CNN today that Sessions is getting fired, and RR is taking over. Like I say, highly speculative.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thus Trump was free to fire Comey,

Trump did not fire Comey. RR fired Comey.

You are right. I stand corrected. Feeble memory.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Double
edit on 24-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Happens to all of us. Other day I said Daniel Webster when I mean Noah Webster.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That they can’t even plan a distraction right is a testament to the chaos inside the White House right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

In all fairness, he did not rape anyone. He was more like this guy:

With some pussy grabbing mixed in, for good measure.

Allegedly.

people.com...

We will see what the evidence has to say, I suppose. There's a reason McConnell didn't want Kavanough in the first place, the skeletons keep spilling out of this guys closet, why do you think they're trying to ram him through like they are? The GOP will pay for this in november, the optics keep going from bad to worse.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

'cept there aren't skeletons but manufactured BS from the democrats.

Either or, he'll get confirmed ☺️

No, the GOP will gain more momentum as the people see past the charade being perpetrated by the leftist dims.

Remember, there isn't such a thing as a "blue wave" 😌

Incase you've forgotten, nothing has EVER PANNED out for the dims, just lies and retractions 😏
edit on 24-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Facts

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Yeah true, but I have a hard time believing he actually raped anyone. If he did what he is accused of, it's bad enough and it would be dishonorable to have someone like that in our highest court. We shall see.

On a personal note, I think this #metoo movement is fantastic! If you think about it, the movement has been more effective in draining the swamp than anything else the government has done so far. It's telling future swamp creatures that even if they did something decades ago, it can be found out and made public.

This may actually clean up our politics a bit because those who have things to hide will be more afraid to get into the public eye and be exposed. I think that's great.

And public allegations have to be taken seriously as the accusers put everything on the line too. Their lives, friendships, even their freedom. False accusations can land you in jail -- none of this should be taken lightly.

But anyways, I went off topic.

Thanks for reading and commenting guys, be back a bit later.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The only thing chaotic about today was for the sheep who's eyeballs and brains were glued to the television expecting a political miracle.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The only thing chaotic about today was for the sheep who's eyeballs and brains were glued to the television expecting a political miracle.

Today was just chaos. I feel lucky I do not have news or pay for TV, I can imagine what it was like for them.

I looked up Axios and they are mostly center, left-center and rated high for accuracy. This will definitely hurt that rating if they don't make amends in some way.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Why is a firing or a resignation even being discussed? Can anyone list a good reason for him to be fired, or should all persons implicated in the op-ed letter and the Woodward book be fired?

Only if he actually said it to the NY times. Outside of that it is ops normal...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lol wow. Talk about labeling...must be the new meme of 2018...label it then it will make it true.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

We will see what the evidence has to say, I suppose. There's a reason McConnell didn't want Kavanough in the first place, the skeletons keep spilling out of this guys closet, why do you think they're trying to ram him through like they are? The GOP will pay for this in november, the optics keep going from bad to worse.

You ever thought this could be an orchestrated delay tactic from the Dems to get this all pushed past midterm.

1. Doesn't know when or where and the 4 others suppose to have been there say also it never happened, while Ford never said he raped, groped, or even try to steal a kiss.

2. Says she heard it was Kavanough that wiggled his penis in front of her instead of a dido, but then she was blind drunk at the time...This is also lacking any witnesses...

I'm not sure what is spilling out lol...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Thus Trump was free to fire Comey, because Comey said he wasn’t being investigated by the FBI, at that time.

Mueller is also a special case. While clearly investigating Trump, he had to be accepted by Trump, thus he could be fired by Trump if he admitted he was no longer investigating Trump by means of Russian Collusion.

And since collusion isn’t a real crime anyway, and there must be evidence of a crime for a Special Counsel in the first place. Mueller can be fired by whim. And that would include, possibly the AG that hired him. In this case Rosenstein, the Deputy AG.

1) The fact that Comey told Trump that he (Trump) was not under investigation at the time Comey was fired is irrelevant. Comey (and apparently others within the Trump administration) had conversations with Trump that lead them to believe that Trump fired Comey in order to affect the outcome of the Russian investigation. That could be obstruction of justice, regardless of whether Trump himself was a subject of the investigation at that time.

2) Mueller did not have to be accepted by Trump. That's the main point of the Special Counsel provisions of the Justice Department regulations; when either the Attorney General or the President is a potential suspect in a an official DOJ investigation, neither can be in the direct line of authority over the person heading the investigation. The SC is appointed directly by the Deputy AG, reports exclusively to the Deputy AG (or whoever replaces him) and can be fired only by that person. Any attempt by either the AG or the President (as long as both of them are possible suspects) to go around Rosenstein and fire Mueller would almost certainly be interpreted as an additional attempt at obstruction of justice. If Mueller was no longer investigating the matters that Rosenstein assigned to him, then he would automatically be let go.

3) The DOJ doesn't use the term "collusion" in their criminal proceedings. Trump and his followers keep using that term in a lame attempt to avoid the real issue. The DOJ has used the term "conspiracy", which is a real crime, in those cases where that crime applies. For example, Trump is an unindicted co conspirator in Michael Cohen's plea deal. The 12 Russian GRU agents were indicted for conspiracy; if any US citizens are subsequently linked to them, they will also be co conspirators.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Why Fire Someone you OWN . It's More Fun to make them DANCE..............)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Anonymous sources wrong for the millionth time but liberals will believe it's all true anyways next time.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
9/25/2018

The House Freedom Caucus says that Rosenstein must agree to TESTIFY...or RESIGN.

Story: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join