It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arma 3 tards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So before I head of to work I was hoping to get in a good game of Arma3. Started off well and was just on some combat patrol. Should be fun and simple. Then I start to notice no one is going to be a medic. Ok that’s fine I’ll be that dude. Not a big deal. Then everyone starts splitting apart and trying to be Rambo and getting shot. So now my role is to dodge fire from all over town and revive these little #s. Just so they can get shot again. Hell most of these kids just start shooting for no reason. What part of tactical do they not get......Please anyone on here that can actually play please let me know.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So before I head of to work I was hoping to get in a good game of Arma3. Started off well and was just on some combat patrol. Should be fun and simple. Then I start to notice no one is going to be a medic. Ok that’s fine I’ll be that dude. Not a big deal. Then everyone starts splitting apart and trying to be Rambo and getting shot. So now my role is to dodge fire from all over town and revive these little #s. Just so they can get shot again. Hell most of these kids just start shooting for no reason. What part of tactical do they not get......Please anyone on here that can actually play please let me know.

You're trying to reason logic in a video game? Join a clan or a squad. Pubs are for trolling.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You're trying to reason logic in a video game? Join a clan or a squad. Pubs are for trolling.

I used to be in a clan on Arma2 but they wanted me to devote way more time than I was able to on a game. I have a buddy that will actually not act like a fool when we play but again his schedule conflicts with mine. So now I am stuck with these kids that are way to trigger happy and treat the game like it’s Black-Ops.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I tried to play it about 2 weeks ago. It was on sale so I bought it, only to realize that 100% of the servers required all of the DLC which I was not going to buy. I was able to return the game to steam for a refund and bought Gta V

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe you should just play fortnite.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have played arma 2 and the dayz mod for it for quite a few years , i did buy arma 3 back when it was still in development but i do not enjoy the maps , too much sand , now i do like the expansion map Tanoa wich is a jungle map , but sadly there arent many servers with this map .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I tried to play it about 2 weeks ago. It was on sale so I bought it, only to realize that 100% of the servers required all of the DLC which I was not going to buy. I was able to return the game to steam for a refund and bought Gta V

I am pretty sure you can join any map from the base game , if you want to use DLC items you get a commercial window in the game , you cant use this , click here to buy etc , but i am pretty sure you can get in the servers who do not use the DLC map , wich is one , the rest of the DLC are guns and vehicles , wich you can see in the game , just not use.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Arma games look delicious. I don't really have the as much time as I did anymore due to family obligations. I've wanted to pick this up and try it, but I'm not sure how it would run on my system. I have a I7 8650 processor, 8 gigs memory, and a 2 gig video card. I would like a better system, but again, it's not a priority due to family stuff. But I would love to join you if it would run decent on my machine. I love some tactical FPS games.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Arma games look delicious. I don't really have the as much time as I did anymore due to family obligations. I've wanted to pick this up and try it, but I'm not sure how it would run on my system. I have a I7 8650 processor, 8 gigs memory, and a 2 gig video card. I would like a better system, but again, it's not a priority due to family stuff. But I would love to join you if it would run decent on my machine. I love some tactical FPS games.

Arma 2 and 3 seem to be very CPU dependent so an I7 should run it fine, as well as your gpu.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

I am pretty sure you can join any map from the base game , if you want to use DLC items you get a commercial window in the game , you cant use this , click here to buy etc , but i am pretty sure you can get in the servers who do not use the DLC map , wich is one , the rest of the DLC are guns and vehicles , wich you can see in the game , just not use.

You should be just fine. Your CPU is better than my I7-6400. I got 12gb of ram and a 4gb GPU. It may seem laggy when you first jump in a game but after about 2 min it will get better.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not a bad alternative to get. BTW you can still play on those servers but some assets will not be available to use.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I wouldn't call myself _good_ at Arma3 - but I've played all the games in the series and plenty of other tactical FPS games (going back to at least the early/mid 90's). The Arma series is great, but I need to be in the mood to play online.

I've had a couple of really, really good online sessions - different scenarios and I enjoy doing different stuff in different missions - eg: I had a really fun one where I was manning the MG on a tank with 2 or 3 other people in it - which was super fun.

...but like any online game, each game session is different and if you get a bunch of noobs, or in your case, wanna be rambo's (I do quite like that movie series though - purely for the cheesiness of it) - then things will turn to custard.

If you live in my part of the world (or a vaguely compatible time zone) - I'm in NZL, I'd happily join in a session or two, but I can't promise you that I'll be a great player.

As a random suggestion - if you just want a quick blast - you should check out Argo. It's a free to play, slightly simplified squad level version of Arma 3, from the same company. I've played 2 games of that and it works really well. Mission was over in about 45m to an hour I think and I got grouped in with 3 other people in a squad who knew how to play well and helped me along with learning. Argo's probably a little more cooperative in it's gameplay and far less varied than Arma 3. Maps are smaller and more focused etc. But like I said - it's free - so you can try it out and uninstall it, if it's not your cup of tea.
store.steampowered.com...

...I also meant to say, if you want a better appreciation of tard's in games - then have a look at what happens in a lot of online console based racing games.

youtu.be...
edit on 25-9-2018 by muzj03 because: .

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

110 % correct - as previously mentioned.
I don't own all the DLC either and it's not a problem really.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: muzj03

Operation flashpoint : Cold war crisis was the first game that introduced me to this genre , and it was way ahead of its time , as a kid i was shocked by the size of the map and the pure freedom you had.

Many years later i would find a game called ARMA 2 while browsing steam , it looked the same as Operation flashpoint only with a improved game engine.

It felt like i found a lost treasure , i bought the game and put in a few thousand hours over the years , mostly playing the Day Z mod and the Wastelands mode.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Agreed - that was a fantastic game and it sounds like you know the gist of the history of the Arma series.
My only gripe is the monstrosity that was Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. I believe the guts is that the publisher had the rights to the Operation Flashpoint name and the developer effectively got shafted. From the Bohemia Interactive wikipedia page, they had a sequel for Operation Flashpoint canceled, due to time and budget overuns. They then made the first Arma game with an updated version of that older game's engine - but with a different name for legal reasons.

...it always seems a bit crappy to me when someone loses the rights to their own product's name in those sort of situations and then the name got ruined by the publisher later on.

The original Delta Force game and then later the first Soldier of Fortune game were both out a bit ahead of Operation Flashpoint, plus the first Rainbow Six game - so I think there's a bit of overlap with titles influencing each other - but Operation Flashpoint was definitely the most open of them - in terms of the scope of the game-play.

I was actually thinking before I looked it up that the roots of these games are likely to go back to Airborne Ranger - in 1987, which I played on C64 and that seems to be the consensus:

en.wikipedia.org...

The SEAL Team games in the early 90's were another big improvement along the way, but there's been a lot of good tactical shooter titles. Rainbow Six Ravenshield also impressed me a lot at the time.
www.abandonia.com...

So many great titles along the way. Solider of Fortune 2 used to make me a laugh a lot with its gory (for the time) violence. I used to enjoy storming rooms and shooting the legs off terrorists.... lol

new topics

top topics

join