It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Messeges About Assassinating Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I came across an interesting picture today while searching for news. It was on the New York Times website. When I first seen it, I immediately thought it looked like a crosshair aiming at President Trump. I just don't think that this type of picture could be anything else as it's not meant to be artsy and just a shot of the President at the podium would have sufficed for this story.

www.msn.com...

This led me to search for any other recent pictures that may have the same qualities and I found a few more:

tammybruce.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.dailydot.com...

I find these pictures very troubling on many levels. I understand that there were a few of the same types of pictures shown of Obama, however I could find none that involved main street media. They were exclusively done by online sources that few would see...at least from what I was able to search up.

The fact that Business Insider and CNN have blatantly done this seems a bit unethical at the least and treason-ish at the worst. In my opinion, The New York Times has now done the same albeit with more subtlety. I feel that no matter the sitting President, no media outlet should be allowed to portray them in such a way as it may cause some mentally ill person to take it upon themselves to attempt an assassination. Worse yet, it could be a Manchurian type of message to some plant ala Sirhan Sirhan.

What say you ATS??

And please be kind, this is my first thread here.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Honestly I think its just a metaphor I don't think its the media deliberately planting subliminal messages to activate Trump assassins or anything like that.

Admittedly its quite a poor choice but the phase "in the crosshairs" is used quite a bit in modern lexicon to describe a person who is under intense scrutiny and Trump is probably thee most scrutinised man on the planet right now.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Spot on. The first looks like iron sites and the rest look like optics.

It's not an accidental resemblance.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Undeniably, those bottom 3 links have images with Trump, literally in "crosshairs". The one you posted does look like it was going for a similar effect, only in a more subtle way.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
California governor Jerry Brown wasn't subliminal at all.

"something’s got to happen to this guy, because if we don’t get rid of him, he’s going to undermine America and even the world."

edit on 24-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Strong rhetoric is used on both sides, and both sides perceive such coming from their opponent as a threat.

Remember that time there was a theory that Obama was a foreign born Muslim? It had quite the traction, and there were certainly people who wished ill of him thinking he was a foreign enemy sent to destroy our country.

So the script is flipped and now it's the Russians. It goes both ways.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Undeniably, those bottom 3 links have images with Trump, literally in "crosshairs". The one you posted does look like it was going for a similar effect, only in a more subtle way.

Did those exist of Obama?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: FamCore

Did those exist of Obama?

A quick google search shows several articles that use a variation of the phase "Obama in the Crosshairs"

Obama in the Crosshairs After North Korean Blast

Republican debate: Obama in the crosshairs
Obama’s Foreign Policy Is Again in the Crosshairs

That was just the first page of a quick google search so I am sure there are many more, didn't find any imagery of it but then again I wasn't looking too hard but yes, the press did refer to Obama being in the crosshairs several times.
edit on 24-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That was just the first page of a quick google search so I am sure there are many more, didn't find any imagery of it but then again I wasn't looking too hard but yes, the press did refer to Obama being in the crosshairs several times.

I've seen actual targets of him for sale.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

In this picture from MSN, their first target is probably George Washington in the portrait behind Trump...

Ya know, cuz the left despises the founding fathers and the country they live in.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yup and I am pretty sure you could buy Obama targets if you knew where to look.....

'Muslim-Free' Gun Store Sells Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton And Bernie Sanders Shooting Targets

I think we should all stop pretending that one side is better than the other.

Left, right, liberal, conservative, all as bad as each other right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Your CBS news article does not show a picture of Obama in any crosshairs...it just mentions the word. Your other article is not from a main stream news source.

I'm only stating with this thread that main stream news outlets should not be showing the President of the United States (no matter who it is) under those conditions. It's not needed for any story period.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yup and I am pretty sure you could buy Obama targets if you knew where to look.....

'Muslim-Free' Gun Store Sells Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton And Bernie Sanders Shooting Targets

I think we should all stop pretending that one side is better than the other.

Left, right, liberal, conservative, all as bad as each other right now.

Precisely
it's a truth that has never been hidden.

But the need of some people to be part of a group, or inherent tribalism keeps people blindly loyal while they parrot the script their side has prepared.

The truth is all around, the evidence of hyperbole driven motives to one up the other side. But what do the two sides even differ on? Not much.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

Your CBS news article does not show a picture of Obama in any crosshairs...it just mentions the word. Your other article is not from a main stream news source.

I'm only stating with this thread that main stream news outlets should not be showing the President of the United States (no matter who it is) under those conditions. It's not needed for any story period.

Like I said, I am sure if I was to bother looking a little deeper I would find a picture of Obama in the crosshairs but I am not about to trail through 8 years worth of articles on his presidency to find them. The point is the media have at several times use the phase "in the crosshairs" in relation to Obama and I am sure other politicians.

Also yes, I used MSN sources, although granted what one regards as MSN and alt-news is somewhat subjective.

Personally I think most understand what is meant by "In the crosshairs" and while it might not be in the best taste if thats the headline the media what to go with they are free to do so, its up to you if you want to read it just like its up to you if you want to get offended by it and argue that they shouldnt be doing it.

(post by andy06shake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I would disagree with you. Saying something or reading something does not bring the same emotions or reactions as seeing something does.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I believe yes, you are right on. It goes deeper than just rhetoric from some press rooms, though.

The mainstream media works hard to shore up the power structure of the ruling elite. It cuts across party. It would be convenient for legacy media, indeed all of the elites, if some "lone gunman, acting alone" were to perform this regicide.

1). The msm believes Pence would be easier to control. They got him to walk back his more right-wing moves as governor; they think they could totally gaslight him for the remainder of trump's term.

2). It'd give them something to talk about, besides trump's policies. They cannot even critique trump to the lower classes, because the lower classes approve of border security, a nationalist foreign policy, a simplified tax code, etc. They could spend 20 years wringing their hands about whether media had inadvertantly played a role in his death...

If there is another financial meltdown, Trump won't let the banks off the hook. He has said before that America should have either renounced it's (big bank's, actually) debt, or have gone back on the gold standard in 2008/9. Both GWB and Obama did as they were told. Bush actually set up the bailout in December '08, and met with Obama to make sure Obama would enforce it as written, which Barry dutifully promised to do. and did.

Now can you imagine another meltdown, presumably worse, within a decade of the "Great Recession?" Voters would be frothing at the mouth for someone to blame, like last time. But this time there'd be a populist in the White House. The last time we had a financial meltdown with a populist in power, It was Andrew Jackson. He took his opportunity to abolish the "Bank of the United States," and subsequently undid the elite plans for an American income tax by nearly a hundred years.

Trump has said he wouldn't pay the treasury notes (which are 90% held by big banks!), and/or would return the USA to something like the gold standard. Can you imagine the way the EU would respond if America was the only western currency to be a non-fiat currency? Just the cash market alone would freak out, investors dropping their European bonds in order to buy American cash and gold. The value of the dollar would spiral up, and the euro and ruble would be worthless....

Yeah, "the president in the crosshairs" alright.
edit on 24-9-2018 by tovenar because: unacceptable Fnord/square inch

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

I would disagree with you. Saying something or reading something does not bring the same emotions or reactions as seeing something does.

No, you only disagree with me because you don't want to admit to be being right, sorry I know that sounds very arrogant but its true.

The phase "in the crosshairs" just means somebody is under immense scrutiny, its often accompanied with a picture of said person under the crosshairs. This is just as true for Obama as it is for Trump.

As for you claim about reactions again that is entirely subjective, some might be more moved by words than pictures.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join