It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is missing in idea of marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: Specimen

that sounds real selfish. i think you didnt read the thread.

Idk, is it?

I can understand heading advice from your parents, but you got to be able to think for yourself when it come to such a topic.

Sure, she could set you with a guy whose well off or rich, but you wouldn't be charmed by him. Or you could meet a charmer whose broke and will suck off your life force that moms worried about happening thinking you can change him?

edit on 24-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

It made sense to me when I wrote it

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

you dont get the idea. it isnt possible i am not married yet given all the conditions it is absurb. it can not be explained. all that weirdness.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

i know.
*hugs*

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Relationships in general are too complicated, let alone marriage. At least relationships can be broken without having ramifications.

Are you the one who wants to get married, or is it your mom that will be the one to say "I do" when your asked?

God forbid though, your moms not going to be around forever.

Other then that, I have nothing to offer or say other just dress real pretty and keep your mouth closed. You will find one very fast if with that advice, but you won't be happy.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Naw..... it's who invented marriage....Him

We need to go there.....a man growing up but leaving his house to marry a wife

Who created that

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As an ordained minister of the Church of the Subgenius, I can perform short duration marriages between you and any other thing.
I am currently married to a hot dog.
The marriage automatically expires in about 39 minutes.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

i pray to god that you, one day get an idea of the amount of effort and work time i put into this topic so you wont come to me saying 'but you wont be happy'.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

did i guess right?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

hahahahha

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well Damla, I'm setting here drinking Yuengling Black and Tan and eating Chester Puffcorn. Found one that looks like the 'Liberty Bell' honest Injun.

Have you gotten anything out of these four pages ? If you see red flags, stop and examine them, they are warnings.
Continue your search for love, the kind that flutters your heart.
It will come, and often times when you aren't even looking for it.

Good luck Kido.....

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I truly believe that one can only be married successfully for their and the potential spouse's own reasons and no one else's desires. I was married twice and neither were out of an overwhelming heart fluttering can't breathe/live without the person kind of situation. They were both for legal reasons.
My mother wanted me married for some years and I resisted as it was not in my heart.
I hope that you find happiness for yourself and anyone else that is wanting you to do something that you are not ready for or truly desiring will eventually come around, I hope.
Good luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

i dont know if i have gotten anything out if four pages. did you?

i saw red titled posts in the other forum and examined and typed there. did you?

thanks.to you too

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I truly believe that one can only be married successfully for their and the potential spouse's own reasons and no one else's desires. I was married twice and neither were out of an overwhelming heart fluttering can't breathe/live without the person kind of situation. They were both for legal reasons.
My mother wanted me married for some years and I resisted as it was not in my heart.
I hope that you find happiness for yourself and anyone else that is wanting you to do something that you are not ready for or truly desiring will eventually come around, I hope.
Good luck!

i agree.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Must of prayed to the wrong one.

Look at from my POV with this little true story...I knew one beautiful Asian girl whom years down the road committed suicide. Why she did it, it because of the idea that she would never find love...true story.

She was an A grade student with a great personality, looks, and owned a company with one of her bf that I know of. And the amount of guys that chased her...like wow with a big why!?

Now that to me is the ideal women, which sounds very similar to the ideal man that any woman would want to stay with till the end of her days.

No one is going to be able to decide for you , but like I said, you got way to many options going for you. Maybe you should lower your standards or give up like most zen masters would.
edit on
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

are you really talking to me? because this got really puzzling. what type of standarts i have you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Very absurb standarts I agree

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I wouldn't know, but it sounds like dating, or getting into a relationship isnt much of an issue for you.

What is it that most women would want in man for the ideal, standard marriage?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OP seems to be an expert at sliding through conversations with little info given for context.

In this case, the info missing for context is nationality & religion. Nobody can give you good advice without knowing what your country culture and religious culture expect of you and how you view each of those personally.

English is obviously your second language, and your....colorful ways of speaking suggest SE Asian Buddhist or Taoist to me. I could be wrong on either or both, and probably am. That's why being a little more forthcoming with info helps with context regarding things like marriage expectations. Nobody can ascertain why your mother expects you to marry so strongly without background info. Otherwise, all you're going to get is predominantly American points of view with no considerations given for your own cultural points.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Lust is lust,

Love is love,

Marriage is about money, it is a contract that will give you resources. (if not, forget about it)

edit on 24-9-2018 by solve because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join