It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is missing in idea of marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i would like to make a thread about bermuda triangle of some sort.

ok. i have this mom who wants me to be married to the degree of obsession. i have those guys who never fit in. And i have this fact there is this institution of marriage, i didnt invent and yet it doesnt much matter to me other than my mom's endless demands if i should be married or not yet i try to meet that person if such a thing will ever be possible to make her happy and maybe myself if there is any point in her obsession.

yet there is no success. it is seems like an endless loop of loss.

what am i missing i want to understand.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This may or may not help. Tell your ma that if she was praying for you hard enough you would already be married.

Right back at you, ma.

; )

Sal

a reply to: Damla

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Outwardly ....yea. In a get even sort of way, but in the end that is only throwing fuel on the fire. Now you have hesitation and insult to overcome .

a reply to: SallieSunshine

edit on 24-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's a crazy idea to force somebody into marrying = living with someone under pressure.

You will undoubtedly make the wrong decision if you follow your mother's pressure. Also you will ruin your own life because you will feel the need to stay with the wrong man because of your mother's pressure.

I suggest you show your mother modern marriage statistics.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Even a marriage made from two people who happen to meet and develop deep affection for one another, is not guaranteed to last. So forcing one, surely will be a recipe for problems. Especially if it is not something you want at this point in your life. Regret, resentment, animosity...

your mother is attached to old traditions, it seems. Don't destroy your own happiness by allowing those things to control you.

Never get married FOR someone else...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

i tried that with my aunts. sharing the similar obsession. outwardly towards mom i said ' hey if they were praying good enough i d be married already'

it didnt work. since she also heard that

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

i always tend to think my mom always has a point in what she thinks. it must be something i am dont understand yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

she is divorced herself too. if she is still insisting maybe there is something i should try.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

make sure you like the person you intend to marry. Sex is temporary, so you will have to be able to talk and enjoy things other than sex at some point.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Tell her to mind her own damn business.
Seriously.

If you allow someone to pressure you into doing something then that's on you.
Stand up for yourself

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Seriously ask your mother if she prefers you hurry up and get married to only end in divorce. Would that satisfy her?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
i would like to make a thread about bermuda triangle of some sort.

ok. i have this mom who wants me to be married to the degree of obsession. i have those guys who never fit in. And i have this fact there is this institution of marriage, i didnt invent and yet it doesnt much matter to me other than my mom's endless demands if i should be married or not yet i try to meet that person if such a thing will ever be possible to make her happy and maybe myself if there is any point in her obsession.

yet there is no success. it is seems like an endless loop of loss.

what am i missing i want to understand.

How do YOU feel about it? Do you want to be? Lonely? Not?

Then, ask her point blank if it's because she wants grandkids to spoil. I'll bet you cash that's a serious motivation right there.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Is she like this mother?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Read up about Mothers In Law (even if it is your own mum, this is a close hit anyway):

Reddits Sub: Just No MIL

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I understand. I think there have been times that I've thought that I could do it when I was with the right person, but that feeling didn't really stick around.

I'm about 30 now, my Mom is having a hard time understanding that I'm not really actively trying to find "the one".

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

i want to understand it in grand scheme of things. it dont really mean a thing if i am married or not.but she and how it unfolds each time makes me question it far too often than needed.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't worry about it because I consider it a matter of fate (I've never been married, either). If you are meant to get married you will meet the person you are supposed to marry. Is there room for the concept of fate in your mom's worldview?

Sal

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

a reply to: wylekat

i want to understand it in grand scheme of things. it dont really mean a thing if i am married or not.but she and how it unfolds each time makes me question it far too often than needed.

I think you have to find yourself before you can find who is compatible with you. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: and14263

i always tend to think my mom always has a point in what she thinks. it must be something i am dont understand yet.

It's not easy to admit but perhaps your mum isn't correct in 100% of her opinions? For example - you're waiting to understand why she is pressuring marriage onto you - but you will never understand because she is wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Seriously ask your mother if she prefers you hurry up and get married to only end in divorce. Would that satisfy her?

It is for this simple premise I believe this thread will not develop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join