It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That old guy from Vatican city says gay marraige is evil.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A new book out by that religious old Polish guy in Italy, says ghey marraige is one of satans underhand attempts at destroying the world; abortion is comparable to the Holocaust, choir boys to be given free lube.

"It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man."

www.cnn.com...

It seems, having solved all other problems in the world, SuperPontiff pulls up his diapers and gives a saintly bitch slap to anyone that thinks that they can legitamise their love in the eyes of the Lord, by performing some antiquated ceremony and signing some pieces of paper.
I for one will sleep easier tonight...
(sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You don't have to take what he said to heart. Everyone in democratic countries have the right to free speech.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Someone beat ya to it.....there's already a thread here with 2 or 3, maybe more by now, pages to it...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I searched for it. Only recent thread was about St. Pauls tomb.
Do you have th elink to the thread?

[edit on 23-2-2005 by cruzion]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
LadyV it's ok to have the same story on ATSNN and in the regular ATS forums. I assume this is the thread you are referring to.

NEWS: Pope Calls Gay Marriage Part of 'Ideology of Evil'

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The pope speaks the truth. I wouldnt doubt what he sais.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
The pope speaks the truth. I wouldnt doubt what he sais.

Apologies to keep this thread going, but would you mind to back up that somewhat assinine statement or was it sarcasm?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ok, if gays are happy together, then thats their due.

I do not how ever support the fact that they can be married. Sorry, but im with the Pope on this one.
I do not doubt gays love their partners, but, i do not think that the world should have to give them the same rights as married hetrosexual couples.

Im old fashioned yes, but, heres the rub....

If, all the gays left to live on the moon, in 100 years max, there would be no more gays on the moon. If all the hetrosexual people went to the moon, soon it would be full of people, and in 100 years the next generation would be looking at moving out, because space would be getting tight.

The gays, well they die out, and the reproducing hetrosexuals live into the future and explore the stars...

gay rights, yes indeed, gays equal to hetrosexuals, no, sorry they are not.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well you know the Vatican has a "love them and leave them" attitude towards gay love, thats why they transfer the Priests around so they arent tempted to wed the alter boys

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
An interesting stab, Amuk lol..

Seriously, I am with the pope. For a few reasons:

a. I have already stated my disagreement with the abortion process. I feel it is murder, and that it is giving humans the arrogant thought that they can play the role of God.

b. Gay Marriage - I am not against bonds or unions or WHATEVER. But marriage is a religious thing to most people, and that is the way it should stay. It should be a religious thing, and the unions between people for economic reasons or whatever they may be, that is fine.

Although, as always, the only reason we can even DISCUSS these issues is because of the democratic system, and, as always, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

God Bless,

-wD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I Think there are a lot worse examples of men trying to be god than abortions, i mean, just because someone wants to do somthing that doesn't agree with your religion, doesn't give you any right to impose your values on them.

let them "play god" with what ever powers they choose. on a scale that only effects them does it really matter?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Marraige is not just a religious thing.
It also has to do with law, and your rights.
How can it be that someone is not allowed the same rights as someone else, because of the partner they choose to be with???
Now, the church and the state are seperate, so how can a religious bent decree state law?
Perhaps we should have a few sets of vows, for people that are non-religious, or non-catholic, or whatever, and just remove the part that offends the zealous.
I also propose that we send a team of 50 monks and 50 nuns to the moon... in 100 years they will all be gone too. But that doesn't invalidate their social use, or their right to humanity, or the value of their lives, just because they don't reproduce.
It's pretty much a solid trait that chastity is the highest order of obedience of servitude to the Lord, in almost all religions the world over, so i doubt that catholics or whomever, can deal the idea that non-reproduction equals a lesser person.
Personally, i think everyone should ditch catholiscism and return to Jesus's ideas about faith and love.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by cruzion]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well from what I read from the old boys, any marriage is close to evil: Corinthians 7:38 He that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am 100% with the Pope.

Also, as I see it, almost all gays are liberals......... and well lets not go there.

But in all seriousness, I think that the gay lifetstyle may "open our eyes" but does not progress our society. I think that the gay rights movement is a waste of time considering the current status quo. We have more important things to worry about, like terrorism for example. Plus marrige is a religious event, why should the Church change to make some people happy, and kill it's tradition? If gays want to get married, how bout they do it in some driv-thru chapel. The way I see it, we should not change our faith/lives, to suit the fancies of people who skew our society and liberalize our future. Maybe I am not up with my gay history, but when is the last time a "homosexual" did something important. I can't think of any, and I challange you to try the same.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
*SNIP*.

Im old fashioned yes, but, heres the rub....

If, all the gays left to live on the moon, in 100 years max, there would be no more gays on the moon. If all the hetrosexual people went to the moon, soon it would be full of people, and in 100 years the next generation would be looking at moving out, because space would be getting tight.

The gays, well they die out, and the reproducing hetrosexuals live into the future and explore the stars...
*SNIP*

Sorry to keep this thread going, but I noticed such a glaring flaw in this argument I had to say something. Um, straight people can give birth to gay people, so your moon colony wouldn't stay non-gay. In fact, I believe homosexuality is mother nature's way for population control (just like some seagulls, for example, turn gay when their population gets too big) so your moon colony would probably have a higher proportion of gays than Earth.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
I am 100% with the Pope.
That makes you 100% with the pedophile priests.

I would suggest that before this so-called perpetual and visible principle of unity mount his rostrum and preach to the masses on virtuosity, that he take inventory of his own clergy and clean house first.

Also, as I see it, almost all gays are liberals......... and well lets not go there.
It is only a bad thing if you are not a liberal. Which of the two wishes to proclaim themselves the correct choice and in so doing send the message of intolerance and bigotry, therefore the antithesis of God's teachings?

But in all seriousness, I think that the gay lifetstyle may "open our eyes" but does not progress our society.
You mean it would open your eyes to loving your neighbour but stunt the population growth, don't you? Progress in society has nothing to do with sexuality.

I think that the gay rights movement is a waste of time considering the current status quo.
and the anti-gay movement is a valid use of time? The more you learn the more you progress as a society, refer above.

We have more important things to worry about,
yes we do, and if you truly thought that, your previous statements would not have been made. Your internet pilgrimage to debase homosexualiy would not even have been a consideration.

Plus marrige is a religious event,
Actually it is not.

The way I see it, we should not change our faith/lives, to suit the fancies of people who skew our society and liberalize our future. Maybe I am not up with my gay history, but when is the last time a "homosexual" did something important. I can't think of any, and I challange you to try the same.
The way I see it, you should open your mind.

[edit on 2/23/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The old guy from the Vatican is a fool who denies millions the right to control their own lives through his outdated dogma.

Perhaps the next one will be better

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
by saying that marriage is a religous event to most is not that same as saying that marriage (and it's perks) should be reserved for just the religeous...
which is why there have been common law marriages for a very long time.
I wouldn't agree that a government should be allowed to force churches to have gay marriages, it's against their doctrine.

and well, I tend to disagree with those pastor that head out and marry gay couples against their church doctrine...if they don't like the doctrine, they should just go off to a church that has a more acceptable doctrine, or hey, this is america, just go start your own church!!

But, it is up to our government, which susposedly represents all of us, who is to decide the legal defination of marriage, trying to incorporate all the beliefs people might hold, and not alienating any of them except in cases, like where they intervene when some kid is being forced to handle poisonous snakes, they feel there is just reason to. And, all the while, trying to uphold our constitution.
Weather or not any particular church should be performing gay marriages is up to that particluar church and their leadership's interpretation of it. It is a religious matter, the government has nothing to do with it.....or shouldn't.

How our governmenet defines (and the policies (perks) concerning it) isn't a religous matter though. It is a decision that should be reached by a consensus of the people, how our supreme court interprets the constitution, and well, what kind of effects such a defination would have on society as a whole. ...most who like me, really don't care....the only danger I could see is if they start redefining it is, well, where do they stop, because well, I don't think it's a good idea for a women to have more that one husband, it kind of negates the reason for marriage to begin with....paternal rights.....and well, this is an equal opportunity country, if the man could have more than one wife, well, the wife could have more than one husband, so I guess I wouldn't want any type of polygamy. sometimes, our government does crazy things, I can see a sect of the mormon church coming in later wanting another wife. they would have a much stronger argument, since you could see where they could conclude that this is what God wanted of them....
and, then the couple of moms come in with their adopted kid or kids, saying how disadvantaged the kids are because there is no father figure for them ,and well, then low and behold.....we have the thing that I think would undermine the society, although, in many ways, we have it now, so what does it matter?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Even the pope has the most unfound desire to make mistakes. When he's not speaking from experience, he's talking out of his a$$.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
just because someone wants to do somthing that doesn't
agree with your religion, doesn't give you any right to impose
your values on them.

He's not imposing his values on anyone. He is using free
speech to tell people what the Catholic church (and he)
believe to be true. That's his job. If you don't like it ...
change the channel or don't read the book. Isn't that
what the 'tolerant left' says to everyone when the issue
being discussed is something that THEY believe in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join