It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section A)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
THE CASE FOR ROSWELL PART III

The Timeline of Events
Section A

Part I can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part II can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, fair warning that this is going to be a long read…but I wanted to be very thorough. I’d highly recommend reading the first two parts before going on, as there is no recapping here…

If you’ve read parts I and II, you’ve seen compelling evidence that the Mogul cover story and the dummies of High Dive fail as explanations for what actually happened. We’ve seen that the materials found were examined by many, with all witnesses attesting to the debris having qualities like nothing they’ve ever seen before or since. We’ve also seen that it’s ridiculous to believe that all of these people, including high-ranking military officers, would be fooled by balsa wood and tin foil. Furthermore, we’ve seen how absurd it would be that said balsa wood and tin foil would be handled in secret, and flown all over for study. But, now that we’ve established all of this, we’ll launch into just what happened and when, and we’ll see how all of this fits together… This part really got to be a monster, so I’m breaking it up even further into “sections”. Section A will cover from July 1st thru July 4th, from sightings of UFOs, to the crash/es.

Most of the events in this timeline comes from the commonly accepted series of events as noted by organizations such as NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomenon), with inclusions from my own research, as well as going into the details of the support for each event.
www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk...

Tuesday. July 1.1947

This is where most Roswell Timelines begin, with the testimony of “Steve MacKenzie” (AKA Frank Kaufmann). Though he has testified in sworn affidavits that both White Sands and Alamogordo tracked an unidentified object starting on July 1st, in my research I’ve seen too much conflicting evidence to include him as a reliable witness here. So instead, I’ll proceed with the next day.

Wednesday. July 2.1947

At 9:50 P.M. Mr. and Mrs. Dan Wilmot see an oval object, "like two inverted saucers faced mouth to mouth," passing over their house in Roswell, New Mexico. The object, moving at a high rate of speed, is heading northwest. The following is from the front page of the Roswell Daily Record for July 8, 1947 (as it was reported later, but the event occurred on July 2), the local paper, the same one featuring the sensational headline of the RAAF (Roswell Army Air Field) capturing a flying disc.

Mr. and Mrs. Dan Wilmot apparently were the only persons in Roswell who saw what they thought was a flying disk.
They were sitting on their porch at 105 South Penn. last Wednesday night at about ten o'clock when a large glowing object zoomed out of the sky from the southeast, going in a northwesterly direction at a high rate of speed.
Wilmot called Mrs. Wilmot's attention to it and both ran down into the yard to watch. It was in sight less then a minute, perhaps 40 or 50 seconds, Wilmot estimated.
Wilmot said that it appeared to him to be about 1,500 feet high and going fast. He estimated between 400 and 500 miles per hour.
In appearance it looked oval in shape like two inverted saucers, faced mouth to mouth, or like two old type washbowls placed, together in the same fashion. The entire body glowed as though light were showing through from inside, though not like it would inside, though not like it would be if a light were merely underneath.
From where he stood Wilmot said that the object looked to be about 5 feet in size, and making allowance for the distance it was from town he figured that it must have been 15 to 20 feet in diameter, though this was just a guess.
Wilmot said that he heard no sound but that Mrs. Wilmot said she heard a swishing sound for a very short time.
The object came into view from the southeast and disappeared over the treetops in the general vicinity of six mile hill.
Wilmot, who is one of the most respected and reliable citizens in town, kept the story to himself hoping that someone else would come out and tell about having seen one, but finally today decided that he would go ahead and tell about it. The announcement that the RAAF was in possession of one came only a few minutes after he decided to release the details of what he had seen.

Thursday. July 3.1947

Again, this day is in most timelines as the day Steve MacKenzie (AKA Frank Kaufmann) reported to White Sands to monitor the radar. I’ll restate that I don’t consider him a reliable witness as he appears to have been only a file clerk at RAAF, and his stories have been inconsistent. I also question why White Sands would need any assistance as they had their own radar technicians. (It should be noted that Kaufmann was trained in radar though). So on to the next day.

Friday. July 4.1947

This is when everything really hits the fan...

One of the biggest areas of confusion for many is that there seem to be two different crash sites. Whether or not it was two different craft is still a matter of debate, however given the extent of the debris field at the Foster Ranch site (Brazel) and that the second site (according to witnesses) was a more intact vehicle, it appears that the idea of a craft coming down once, then crashing in a different place or two different craft crashed. Many then go a step further and assume they collided with each other, but it could very well be that the whatever phenomenon downed one, was also responsible for the other. Or, it could be just one ship This is all speculation and conjecture of course, and I’d prefer to concentrate on the more concrete testimonials and evidence, and then we’ll see from there which scenario is more likely. Regardless, it’s important to realize we’re generally talking about two different crash sites as this is supported by the most reliable evidence.

1. Foster Ranch (Brazel), 2. Crash Site with Bodies (the X’s mark the military cordon we’ll mention later)

EDIT: I have mentioned that Frank Kauffman, to me, is not a reliable witness. However, this second location site is supported by numerous testimony. This image is one of the best I could find showing the two sites and Roswell, so I've included it despite the reference to Frank...

Most timelines state that this is the day Warrant Officer Robert Thomas arrives from Washington to the RAAF. However, this is also from the testimony of Frank Kaufmann, and I’ve been unable to verify this through other sources, so again, I’ll strike this from my timeline of events, and move on to more reliable evidence. Keep in mind that just as in the UFO field in general, there were those who gave false testimony regarding Roswell. As I mentioned, a lot of this series of posts is to separate the wheat from the chaff, so rather than simply exclude them without mention, I’ll bring up some of the more commonly cited, but discredited accounts as well.

The following is testimony (from an affadavit) of William Woody, a reliable witness from all research, regarding the events of this day.

1) My name is William M. Woody
(2) My address is: XXXXXXXXXX

(3) I am employed as: __________________________________. ( ) I am retired
(4) In 1947, I was 12 years old [corrected to 14 years old] and living with my family on our farm, located 3 miles south of Roswell, New Mexico, and east of what was then Roswell Army Air Field. I still live on that farm.

(5) One hot night during the summer of 1947, probably in early July, my father and I were outside on the farm. It was well after sundown and quite dark. Suddenly, the sky lit up. When we looked up to see where the light was coming from, we saw a large, very bright object in the southwestern sky, moving rapidly northward.

(6) The object had the bright white intensity of a blow torch, and had a long, flame-like tail, with colors like a blow-torch flame fading down into a pale red. Most of the tail was this pale red color. The tail was very long, equal to about 10 diameters of a full moon.

(7) We watched the object travel all the way across the sky until it disappeared below the northern horizon. It was moving fast, but not as fast as a meteor, and we had it in view for what seemed like 20 to 30 seconds. Its brightness and colors did not change during the whole time, and it definitely went out of sight below the horizon, rather than winking out like a meteor does. My father thought it was a big meteorite and was convinced it had fallen to earth about 40 miles north of Roswell, probably just southwest of the intersection of U.S. Highway 285 and the Corona road (State Highway 247).

[This part ommitted, as we get into other days of the timeline...I'll include these parts of his testimony, but one can visit the link if they wish to read all of it at this time. I am ommitting it now to avoid confusing the timeline of events]

(13) I have not been paid or given or promised anything of value to make this statement, which is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: William M. Woody
9-28-93

Signature witnessed by:
Tracy L. Callaway

roswellproof.homestead.com...

William’s story has not changed over the years, nor is there any reason to discredit this witness’ testimony. We’ll revisit this account later in the timeline, relating to the stop by military personnel.

During a thunderstorm W. W. "Mac" Brazel hears a tremendous thunderclap that sounds like an explosion but is somehow different from the rest of the thunder. Others in the area report the same phenomenon.

On July 2 and July 4, weather records indicate thunderstorm activity in central New Mexico where Brazel lived. According to interviews with his son Bill Brazel Jr. and Roswell intelligence chief Major Jesse Marcel, Brazel heard a loud explosion during a violent electrical storm late at night. Other weather records show no such storm activity in mid-June when Brazel was later alleged to have first found crash debris.

www.roswellproof.com...

This is actually very important. When Brazel is later forced to agree to the balloon cover up story (as we’ll see later), he changes the reported date he found the debris, all the way back to mid June, in order to fit the balloon story, but as we’ll see, the other witness accounts (as well as Brazel’s testimony when coming clean) put this event on the 4th. Given the date, many may assume fireworks, etc. could be the cause, but of course, the ranch is too distant for this, not to mention the thunderstorms. Brazel has given an incredible amount of testimony over the years, making it difficult to sometimes verify the originating source, but I’ll try and cite specific sources when applicable. Most of his testimony is from interviews with Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt for their books on Roswell.

Some timelines mention radar tracking of an object and it disappearing off the radar. I could not confirm this in my research, other than the suspect testimony of Kaufmann.

Likewise, many timelines include the story of Jim Ragsdale and Trudy Truelove seeing an object crash as well as bodies. From my research, like Kaufmann, I do not believe Jim to be a reliable witness, nor do researchers who previously accepted his testimony (such as Kevin Randle), so this too will be omitted from my timeline.

Two Catholic nuns, reported to be Mother Superior Mary Bernadette and a Sister Capistrano, report seeing a bright fiery object appear to go to the ground well to the west and slightly north of Roswell, possibly in the mountains or beyond, late in the evening while looking out a third floor window of the now demolished Saint Mary's Hospital during the change of their shift, recording its passage in their logbook. They make no mention of an explosion, perhaps because of the distance the object went down from where they were, although some reports say the nuns saw a large flash in the night sky in the exact place on the horizon at the same time they lost eye contact with the object.

www.angelfire.com... (Truth About the Crash at Roswell, by Randle and Schmitt, and Beyond Roswell by Heseman and Mantle)

Though different authors have slightly different times listed, the timeframe given is between 11pm and 1am. It should be noted that the logbook has not been produced as far as I can determine, yet there appears to be no reason to discredit these witnesses, nor is it surprising that a logbook from half a century ago for a now demolished hospital, cannot be found. Still, I have seen nothing notable to discount their testimony.

Regardless of the false witnesses I have brought up, there are still enough reliable witnesses to support a possible crash or crashes on this night. In any case, the next day is when we get into the accounts of debris fields, and things really start to get interesting....

Also, with the involvement of the press, local fire and police stations, etc. we also begin to collect a lot of the irrefutable data suggesting the extent of what happened here....certainly a more spectacular event than a crashed weather balloon...

[TO BE CONTINUED]

EDIT: PS, Sorry to break up this part, but it was getting pretty lengthy. The lead up (i.e. July 1st thru 4th) isn't all that exciting, but it's important to establish this part of the account, to then continue with the good stuff.....

Part III, Section B can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You got me hooked Gaz
Im ready for more
Great job on the time line. Your links provide some interesting info. You have once agian shown what an asset you are here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Waiting with anticipation Gazrok

Because of your posts, I've been thinking of trying to get a copy of "Crash at Corona" which has been out of print. Is this the best book on Roswell, or would you recomend another?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Excellent work again Gazrok, keep 'em coming.

And for Stanton Friedman's books, try here:
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
Excellent work again Gazrok, keep 'em coming.

And for Stanton Friedman's books, try here:
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Thanks for the link, I've been trying to get to StantonFriedmen.com but doesn't seem to work or is shut down.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's Friedman, not Friedmen....could be why...

Speaking of typos, one of mine was pointed out...
RAAF is Roswell Army Air Force, I believe I typed it as Field, not Force...

Crash at Corona is excellent. The ones by Randle and Schmitt are good too, but watch out for some of the witnesses I mentioned. Some of them have even now been discredited by Randle and Schmitt as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins

Thanks for the link, I've been trying to get to StantonFriedmen.com but doesn't seem to work or is shut down.

If you having trouble finding a website, use a search engine like Google.com.

Even if your spelling is off it'll usually correct it for you (as long as you're close).

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I know the details but it never gets any less interesting, and you've done an excellent job so far. Can't wait for the next one Gaz.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's Friedman, not Friedmen....could be why...

Speaking of typos, one of mine was pointed out...
RAAF is Roswell Army Air Force, I believe I typed it as Field, not Force...

Crash at Corona is excellent. The ones by Randle and Schmitt are good too, but watch out for some of the witnesses I mentioned. Some of them have even now been discredited by Randle and Schmitt as well.

Your right, my bad, site working fine. Thanks for the recomendations, will look those up.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The next Section of the series can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
once again you prove you worth time and time again you need a medal and a key to the moon city =P

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here is an FOIA release that ties in nicely here:

Originally posted by sunspot0
just found this article...pretty interesting

A research study that has recently been obtained through FOIA offers stunning confirmation that Wright-Patterson Air Force base contracted Battelle Memorial Institute to analyze material from a crashed UFO at Roswell in 1947. Remarkably, the co-author of this very metals study is the same scientist who decades ago had confessed that he had examined extraterrestrial metal from a crashed UFO while he was a research scientist at Battelle! This just-received document also reveals that another one of its metallurgist authors reported directly to a Battelle scientist who was conducting secret UFO studies for the USAF. It appears that the study represents first-ever attempts in creating highly novel and advanced Titanium alloys. Some of these alloys were later associated with the development of "memory metal" of the type reported as crash debris at Roswell.

read more www.ufodigest.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I searched all the pages of the three threads for "Haut" and came up dry. Lieutenant Walter G. Haut was ordered by Colonel William Blanchard to write the original press release about a flying disc in the hands of the Army Air Force. He was there. He handled debris brought in from the Foster range. And before he died the made a notarized, witnessed affidavit to be made public only after his death. Don Schimdt actually wrote the affidavit to ensure good wording, spelling, etc. But Walter Haut approved the final draft. And the content of that affidavit is quite interesting. It's the equivalent of a kind of strong deathbed statement from someone who was there and knew the truth about the Roswell incident. One may believe him or scoff or just take it as one little piece of evidence requiring a lot of collaboration.

Haut Affidavit

new topics

top topics

join