It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover how to 'upload knowledge to your brain'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I had hoped something like this would come along. Can you imagine wanting to do a sport or learn a martial Arts by simply going to sleep with a neural cap of some sort placed on your head.. Mimic and learn from the worlds greatest golfer, aerobatic pilot, Mathematician, you name it and it can be learned.. No chip necessary. This device is still in its' infancy but at least they are working on something that one day may make everyone knowledgeable in whatever the heart desires...as along as there is a program.. Right there is a business opportunity IMO.. If you are good at something or a world renown expert there would be those who would pay for your down load... Yep not there yet but maybe in another so many years it will be a reality. Short article but does include a video which explains in much more detail

Researchers claim to have developed a simulator which can feed information directly into a person’s brain and teach them new skills in a shorter amount of time, comparing it to “life imitating art”.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Uploading common sense would be far better for society...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

While I agree with your comment what we define as common sense in one society is not the same as another society.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

While I agree with your comment what we define as common sense in one society is not the same as another society.

...Only because teenagers in third world countries cannot afford to eat Tide pods.
edit on 21-9-2018 by madmac5150 because: Thanks Easter Bunny... BOK BOK...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I see this as being a good thing and a bad thing. Who is to stop them from feeding propaganda information into your brain along side said knowledge? A slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: I think Im normal

The Two Party System is already hard at work developing Programming for every age...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is the only way they`re going to teach parents how to do this new weird voodoo math the kids are doing in school. I wouldnt mind doing this with a few thousand repair manuals and be able to fix everything.

Or just learn how to moonwalk....

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The source has a paywall. Other sources are saying the impact of it is, on smaller level, similar to Hollywood film advanced brain interface learning

The data was "fed" to the novice test subjects as they learned to pilot a plane by a realistic flight simulator.
Wonder then how similar or not, it is similar to learning by video games as the deceased airline worker to stole, and successfully used it--until the end, the plane from SeaTac.

Here's the research by HRL Laboratories of CalforniaTranscranial Direct Current Stimulation ...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm not sure how relevant this will be to sports exactly. You would still need to train your body and develop muscle memory, etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I love the idea of leaving out the educational institutions as they overcharge and put many in serious debt for simply wanting to learn.

Only problem is that the price for this educational technology will sky rocket once it’s been proven to work. Those desperate for the educational tech will go into serious debt, and there is still no guarantee of a job at the end of it all.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: I think Im normal

It's has been and already being done by mass media and social media.

Social media users are using the same social media platforms to receive news, and a very low percentage are receiving a neutral professional article, not just because of the ‘preselection’, but also because good journalists are getting rare, or don’t have time for proper research anymore. In a time when bias in journalism and media is evident, it’s no surprise that many journalists abandon doing proper research and instead retort to making misleading and often false statements to get the public’s attention.
Source

Good thing for ATS-like "social media" sites, or what's left of them--who are often more inclined to look further into sources.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

i dont see it working with martial arts

knowing what a berimbolo is does not mean you know how and when to use it

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I could see this as far as book knowledge maybe.

But for other things, you cannot upload muscle memory.........

As an avid martial artist for many years, you could upload HOW to do a technique (much like golfing) but the muscle memory wouldnt be there to actually carry out the task.

it would however be amazing to have that knowledge in your head so you could train UP to that level.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have my list ready for who goes first.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I spent 26 years mastering the guitar. And getting all the good gigs because of it. I don’t want just any schmuck to just go to bed and wake up better than me

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
I spent 26 years mastering the guitar. And getting all the good gigs because of it. I don’t want just any schmuck to just go to bed and wake up better than me

I feel the same way about my penis. 49 years of mastery... I would hate it if a woman suddenly showed up, and played it better than me.

I'd certainly keep her around for awhile, though...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

It's funny how people who think they have the most common sense are the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

This sounds like pure BS. But hey, people walk around all day believing Jesus as imaginary friend is next to them and their own personal God. So who am I to judge what is real and what is not real.

edit on 21-9-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This sounds like pure BS. But hey, people walk around all day believing Jesus as imaginary friend is next to them and their own personal God. So who am I to judge what is real and what is not real.

Yep.. who are you to judge what is real and not real.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I feel the same way about my penis. 49 years of mastery... I would hate it if a woman suddenly showed up, and played it better than me.

I'd certainly keep her around for awhile, though...

Had to flag the thread just to get that off our chests and save the
masterful endeavors for as many as possible.
I need a pilot module for an Apache and several small weapons...
like a 7.62 Vulcan and some plastic surgery too, couldn't hurt at
MY age.
With all the rest of that garbage cluttering things upstairs in recent
years: it probably wouldn't profit anyone to relocate or modify any-
thing political for SURE. I mean why try to reeducate a dried flatworm
into a Trotskyite ...but there's a good chance I repeat myself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join