It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM's manipulation of the left.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Maybe so, Just tired of all the personality critics out there.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Maybe so, Just tired of all the personality critics out there.

Perhaps the president should act a little more presidential rather than a celebrity douchebag and you wouldn't need to be so tired.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Absolutely !

The biggest conspiracy of all time.

Just got done watching the movie "1984" based on the book , as a refresher because it has been so long since I have read the book.

It almost mirrors what is going on today.

It also goes for all media. I am a libertarian, in the middle, and I see the wrong on both sides and how media plays a huge part in shaping peoples thoughts.

The sheeple are strong these days, but the few of us that realize what is really going on , see though all the smoke and mirrors.

Hopefully, one day, truth will prevail.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

i know full well what he was trying to do.

my opinion stands.
i dont want or expect anyone to agree. its fine

its just how i feel

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Yep both sides of the media trumpet their political narrative. The problem for the country happens when one side gets large enough to drown out the other .

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Let's also talk about how the MSM manipulates conservatives. I can't count the number of threads made on these boards talking about how biased the media is. It's true, don't get me wrong, but their bias is obviously manipulating conservatives into a certain mindset, that of hate and bigotry (also with liberals as well, it goes both ways).

If it weren't for the media the conservatives wouldn't have any leg to stand on when saying Trump is anti-establishment. The media is what made Trump what he is today, they manipulated certain people into getting behind him 110% because "the establishment media would NEVER go against their own!"

Thanks MSM, if it weren't for you we would have no reason to think Trump was anti-establishment, but since you're putting on the act a LOT of people think he is.
edit on 9/21/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Let's also talk about how the MSM manipulates conservatives. I can't count the number of threads made on these boards talking about how biased the media is. It's true, don't get me wrong, but their bias is obviously manipulating conservatives into a certain mindset, that of hate and bigotry (also with liberals as well, it goes both ways).

If it weren't for the media the conservatives wouldn't have any leg to stand on when saying Trump is anti-establishment. The media is what made Trump what he is today, they manipulated certain people into getting behind him 110% because "the establishment media would NEVER go against their own!"

Thanks MSM, if it weren't for you we would have no reason to think Trump was anti-establishment, but since you're putting on the act a LOT of people think he is.

Got to ask the question. Did you want Hillary to win. I didn't vote for either one, but happy that Trump got it and Hilary didn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Yep both sides of the media trumpet their political narrative. The problem for the country happens when one side gets large enough to drown out the other .

Then the silent majority wins, they ignore the noise.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Nope, I didn't vote because both candidates were horrible choices. Not sure I'll ever vote again to be honest, I have yet to come across a politician I trust enough to give them my vote.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nope, I didn't vote because both candidates were horrible choices. Not sure I'll ever vote again to be honest, I have yet to come across a politician I trust enough to give them my vote.

Threw my vote away on Gary Johnson, a libertarian candidate because I could vote for who I wanted. Wish more would instead of voting like sheep. Popular is not the way to go. That's high school. This is real life.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You think adding the part 'I assume some of them are good people' or 'they let you' makes the quotes better?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

the OP listed examples to make his case, how about you offer some.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Look at these boards for proof that the media is manipulating you guys. You may not believe their rhetoric but you don't have to in order to be radicalized by their blatantly biased coverage.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Issac Asimov

The beautiful people.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Media outlets are there to sell commercials and make money.

Political bias gets them ratings. More viewers = more $$.

I look for charts like this that rate which media outlets I can use to form an opinion on the "news".

edit on 23-9-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

More viewers more dollars. I guess that formula works unless it’s CNN .

<< 1   >>

join