It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Kharron

Who knows? But how do you make the decision to overthrow the govt after 2 weeks? Unless he was appointed to?

We'll get to that.

Fist we have to establish if NYTimes is printing crap or if it's all true.

If this is true, then the letter is true as well and there as an active resistance against a president who is seen as unfit to serve.

If you believe the rest NYTimes published, then that answers your question as well. It's not just Rosenstein, it's an active resistance of "the best people" and Rosenstein.

If you don't believe the letter, then you have to take this lightly as well and stand by Rosenstein and his denial.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Well, Omarosa did say in her book that there was a running joke around the West Wing, people would text each other or say #The25th whenever Trump was acting crazy.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What if it was Rod who wrote the NYT letter?

Quite possibly.
The swamp is being drained.
This is the biggest news story in the history of US politics without a doubt.
The deputy (and acting) AG suggesting spying on the President with a view to removing him by colluding with cabinet members???!!!

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

link   

False.

You're saying that we should either completely believe the NYT or disbelieve the NYT completely.

Who are you to dictate the veracity of what we should believe or not believe?

link   
a reply to: avgguy

Yikes, unnamed sources currently, but damn what’s the threshold for treason?

None of this is treason. What he reportedly did (basically) was suggest secretly recording Trump being nuts to play for members of Congress the cabinet so they could hear him being nuts so that they could then in turn remove him from office, making Pence president.

That would be a whistleblower going to Congress the cabinet so that they could perform their Constitutional duty — well it would be if Trump was actually unable to discharge his duties. It didn't actually happen anyway.

I'm a little skeptical personally because as unhinged as I suspect Trump acts behind closed doors, the standard for removal under the 25th presumably would be something like that he was, you know, clinically insane. I don't think he's clinically insane and I don't think Rod Rosenstein thought he was either. So my guess is he was stressed/frustrated and bitching and making sarcastic jokes.
edit on 2018-9-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

True, just theories. I won’t believe until there are names or an investigation turns up something.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

I do find it odd that whenever anyone caught or accused of activity to undermine or overthrow Trump's Presdiency it's just a 'joking', but even the slightest comment from Trump can set people off into cries of treason.

Quite how you can turn this into whistleblowing to Congress, when it is reported as a proactive plot to record and influence the Cabinet is a stretch even for you.

edit on 21/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Rod Rosenstein is a Republican. What a twisted woven web American politics is....

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Rod Rosenstein told the house intelligence committee that he would subpoena their emails and phone records to get back at them if they did not stop requesting documents regarding Spygate.
edit on 9/21/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Keep in mind that Rod Rosenstein is a Republican. What a twisted woven web American politics is....

RHINO... just like Paul Ryan.

+1 more 
link   
So as always it this far is just anonymous sources so we should not believe it wholeheartedly yet

Though it says McCabe made notes about it, so that should be able to clear this up

If true, this is a huge deal

Rosenstein recommends firing comey, then uses that as the start of trying to gather people to kick trumo out, and plans in secretly recording him

Rosenstein would go on to appoint mueller to investigate trump

Almost as if Rosensteins recommendation to fire comey was part of his further plan to oust trump that he had been trying to recruit people for the 25th amendment and recording him

More proof that almost all the head people of the intel community have been working against trump

Fire him, begin investigations into him, and consider ending the mueller probe for being started on fraudulent grounds, if this is true

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The swamp is being drained.

Of Trump's appointees and associates? Hell, even Rosenstein is a Trump appointee. Doh!

This is the biggest news story in the history of US politics without a doubt.

Not even close.

The deputy (and acting) AG suggesting spying on the President with a view to removing him by colluding with cabinet members???!!!

Collusion isn't a crime. Amirite?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Can we ALL NOW AGREE that Trump was and is a surviving victim of the Deep State?

No, he's LITERALLY HITLER, and democrats and liberals are all holocaust survivors!

Hitler: Murdered millions.

Trump: Said mean things.

"zOMG, IMPEACH!"
edit on 21-9-2018 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The trump WH is such a cluster **** that you can bet there are many more recordings of trumps rants. Remember the Nixon tapes?

Self protection from a paranoid lying swamp drainer....

The deep state is a bottomless pit. trump bit off a little more than he can chew....
edit on 21-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're quite right, not colluding.. conspiring to overthrow the President of the USA. Sedition.
If the story is true then the SC ends.
Seems to me that swamp is draining, and yes, by far the biggest political scandal in the history of the US - maybe the world given the US's influence.
Certainly not the noble 'whistleblowing' you are trying to push.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

False.

You're saying that we should either completely believe the NYT or disbelieve the NYT completely.

Who are you to dictate the veracity of what we should believe or not believe?

I'm sorry... it sounds like you're saying it's good practice to cherry pick what is true and what is not, from the same publisher, based on what you like to hear and what you don't like to hear.

And this is ok to do?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Rosenstein you're fired

Goodbye Rosenstein... I would have liked to have known you, but I was just a kid....

Goodbye, Slimy Rose,

I'm glad I never knew you, for the sake of my kids,

Your candle should have burned out long before,

It finally did.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I thought the NYT was deemed fake news. Quick edit: And anon sources. Those are quickly dismissed in any other thread.

So, you folks basically just admitted it's only fake news when it opposes your own agendas, thus right now, it's truthful news because it supports it.

Several posters in this thread are less than deserving of being taken seriously ever again.
edit on 9/21/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah, I don't think that would fit either.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

It really comes down to intent. As an analogy, it would be like the difference between having a crazy person committed to a psychiatric hospital because that person was insane as opposed to having the person committed for well, any other purpose.

Notice nobody is alleging that he suggested fabricating evidence of a lack of fitness or slipping something into Trump's drink to make him sound nuts and then recording him or anything like that. If he truly thought Trump lacked the capacity to discharge his duties, the way that removal under the 25th would take place as I understand it would be for a majority of the cabinet to agree with this assessment (13 of 24) along with the Vice President.

That's actually a lawful process that could happen. You're basically saying that if anyone ever tried to set that in motion it would be inherently unlawful. It wouldn't.

That said, I don't think a case for removal of Trump under the 25th could be made and I'd be surprised if Rosenstein would really believe that it was a legitimate possibility.
edit on 2018-9-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What i find unusual is he doesn't really deny the acusation. What he said is there is evidence to evoke the 25th. I find it weird he didn't say i didn't say that. You think denying the allegation would be the priority.

He is lawyering his way out of it saying that there is not evidence to use it is not the same as saying i didn't say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join