It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

— The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein then raised the idea of wearing a recording device or “wire,” as he put it, to secretly tape the president when he visited the White House. One participant asked whether Mr. Rosenstein was serious, and he replied animatedly that he was.

The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

Yikes, unnamed sources currently, but damn what’s the threshold for treason?

www.google.com...
edit on 21-9-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Uhoh
the msm is turning on those they previously backed with devotion...
wonder why that is....
edit on 21/9/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Can we ALL NOW AGREE that Trump was and is a surviving victim of the Deep State?

link   
First thing I thought of reading through all this...I'm betting NYT got played by the administration, and they put this out there as a pretext to firing Rosenstein.

link   
a reply to: avgguy
Lock him up.

Failing NewYork Times and Washington Compost are both behind a paywall.

Heres another link.

thehill.com...
edit on 21-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here's the thing -- we've seen stories of Kelly calling him an idiot, Mattis calling him a child pretty much, others calling him incompetent etc.

Every single person denied it, and all members on this website believe the denial, with NO questions asked.

Rosenstein is implicated in saying something similar and BAM... New York times is the golden child of accuracy!

Rosenstein also denied the allegations like all the others did. Are all the other stories about the White House and name calling true as well?

Or are they all untrue, including this one?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
from the op

The suggestion itself was remarkable. While informants or undercover agents regularly use concealed listening devices to surreptitiously gather evidence for federal investigators, they are typically targeting drug kingpins and Mafia bosses in criminal investigations, not a president viewed as ineffectively conducting his duties.

wow
and while in a temp position as well

seems a whole lot of talking is going on

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Can we ALL NOW AGREE that Trump was and is a surviving victim of the Deep State?

there are a lot of people who will never acknowledge that

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

So the letter NYTimes published is correct?

He is viewed as insane and people are actively resisting from within his own cabinet and his WH and trying to remove him?

NYTimes publishes truth?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

from the op

"But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment,” he added.

well guess that will shut up all those attempting to use that to unseat trump?
that line alone was worth reading the times story

interesting chatter for a friday afternoon

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In two minds on this one.

Is it the media's attempt to get Trump to fire Rosenstien?
Or, is it a true story?

Who knows?

What we do know is that according to the media, the Special Counsel must now be reported as a scam. If they believe the person who appointed Mueller was suggesting wearing a wire, spying on the President and using the information to convince others to invoke the 25th, how in the world could they not say the SC should be stopped immediately?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Recorded Trump

I've lost track of who had the secret recordings, last I'd heard Omarosa had the Trump Tapes...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What we do know is that according to the media, the Special Counsel must now be reported as a scam.

interesting point
interesting to see the msm turn on RR

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Who knows? But how do you make the decision to overthrow the govt after 2 weeks? Unless he was appointed to?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To be sure, somebody is playing somebody here. If this claim is even remotely accurate, then Rosenstein might as well start clearing out his office now, because no force in heaven or earth will be able to save him from getting fired for rank insubordination.

On the other hand, if this story is garbage, then perhaps Trump just corralled Rosenstein into admitting that the "Trump is insane" stories are bullsh!t

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: UKTruth

What we do know is that according to the media, the Special Counsel must now be reported as a scam.

interesting point
interesting to see the msm turn on RR

Even more shocking from the NYT report... the information was handed over to Mueller! WTAF is he doing getting this information. It has nothing to do with his remit. It just shows again that Mueller is the defacto Attorney General with an unlimited remit, not appointed as a primary officer and not confirmed.

He has to be removed immediately.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What if it was Rod who wrote the NYT letter?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Could be but who would be trying to get back at him for it? Obviously a staffer, if true, decided to tell Mueller RR’s intentions.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Rats are abandoning the ship.

The NYT knows that when the # hits the fan to the sheeple they'll stop following all of these "news" networks that shared false and misleading information for these past 2 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Rosenstein you're fired

Goodbye Rosenstein... I would have liked to have known you, but I was just a kid....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join