It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to really make America great again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If we don't abolish the Federal Reserve anything else is just a band aid. Deficits insure inflation and reduced buying power. Congress should control the currency and we should control the Congress - another issue altogether. Ridding DC of lobbyists would be a good start.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If we don't abolish the Federal Reserve anything else is just a band aid. Deficits insure inflation and reduced buying power. Congress should control the currency and we should control the Congress - another issue altogether. Ridding DC of lobbyists would be a good start.

TRUE Dat .

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAGStorm

The school districts I see failing in Texas are failing for 2 major reasons. 1) Lack of funding, i.e. property taxes in poorer neighborhoods and then 2) wildly excessive spending on Administrative costs. I dont know the actual numbers, but it certainly looks as though there's only maybe 2 teachers for every administrator. And that's all because of bureaucratic red tap and regulations.

When I was talking about Corporations I wasn't talking about them funding the schools; I'm talking about the companies that are right now in charge of actually running charter schools!

This is what I'm talking about:
www.charterschoolsusa.com...

I might get cussed for this but I think you missed one major problem. Schools are also not receiving taxes from everyone in the district. That is to say that our schools are full of first gen kids. First gen kids are those who are born here from illegal parents. Like it or not the national average of children born in the US to illegal parents is 6. The national average children in the standard American home is 2.5. Now property tax is based on the value of the home. So if I updated my home inside and out, and maintain it, my property value goes up. As does my taxes with it. Education budgets are based on the 2.5 average, so that's how they decide who gets paid how much. There home value never goes up but the schools need for funds does to pay for all those first gen kids. In other countries schools are funded not by property tax, but what I refer to as parent tax. (It's not a tax on parents, it's just what I call it.) It's based on the number of kids in the school rather than the number of houses in the area. Those countries are starting to feel the pinch of those 6 kids as well. Because their parents aren't paying taxes at all, and they're having trouble covering all the extra kids.

In short our taxes are being used to educate the children of parents who are not paying into the fund.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Agreed, and once you get rid of the lobbyist we should ban political horse trading. I'll vote for your bill if you vote for mine, are you kidding me?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Follow and support this guy, and together we will make America great again!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Fix the education system .

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Build the wall. Then Project giant video displays of trump speeches. On both sides of the wall.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
Build the wall. Then Project giant video displays of trump speeches. On both sides of the wall.

Build the wall and treat anyone who crosses it as you would any other invader from a foreign country and open fire on them. Watch how fast it stops.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think government should socialize mental health care.

Fully.

Completely.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Fully.

Completely.

IOW, compulsory brainwashing by the state. Where have we heard this before? (Distant cry on a moonless night somewhere in Soviet Russia)
edit on 21-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

No.

Most with mental issues don't work or have money because, well, mental issues.

It's the compassionate thing to do, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I want to know which countries have decent healthcare which isn't mandatory for it's citizens.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I think Singapore is a good example. It has basic government healthcare, but if you want services above and beyond you pay for them.

Norway - free for kids but adults pay, I like that

Hong Kong - similar to Singapore

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Bottom line is there are some people profiting in this country at the expense of everyone else. The select few are sucking everyone else in this country dry. I've been around since the 70's and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I don't foresee it getting better anytime soon. Nothing short of a full on revolt will stop it. Except we can't revolt we're too divided. Maybe when we're burning furniture for heat we'll do something about it. By then it will be to late. Over the past 20 years I watched an entire generation robbed of their wealth in this country. They just go along with the program because they don't know anything better. Well I do and I saw what my grandparents had. I've watched everything they fought and worked for get systematically destroyed by those at the top. As long as we keep electing greedy businessmen and lawyers we're screwed.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

No.

Most with mental issues don't work or have money because, well, mental issues.

It's the compassionate thing to do, in my opinion.

So you do admit that you're in favor of brainwashing people against their will? I like clear language that accurately conveys the true meaning of what is actually being discussed. When people varnish stuff like this in euphemisms in discussing things like this, I get a bit agitated. I don't think you are the slightest bit interested in what is humane but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just a partisan who doesn't consider the real world impact of your views.

So, once again, here is what was said....

Fully.

Completely.

Now. What exactly do you mean by that? I will admit that what you said was unbelievably vague for something that sounds as serious as what it appears to imply. You might as well flesh it out. What do you mean?

edit on 22-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
How about letting power rest in the hands of the people again? That government exists to set the ground rules, enforce them and moderate disputes? And since government is from the people it remain among the people and not separate and above the rules that were established for everybody?

Ah wait, I’m describing ATS again.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
How about letting power rest in the hands of the people again? That government exists to set the ground rules, enforce them and moderate disputes? And since government is from the people it remain among the people and not separate and above the rules that were established for everybody?

Ah wait, I’m describing ATS again.

It's a nice sentiment but I honestly don't think society will ever work in a way that is good for everyone. I think it's always going to be a mess. Society just isn't a natural thing. At some point we have to realize we're trying to do something that isn't supposed to happen.

Humans don't really like to peacefully coexist. The urge to control other people is just too great.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

i would agree forced military service can be a bad thing. but he did not say only military service, but also included social service. so the military service would still be volinteer. in the Philippines they have to do courses in colledge/university in a scheme like this. military service is only one of the options. others include teaching/social work, and disaster relief/aid.

how much better for example could have the situaton in Purto Rico (not counting the political based interferance), if the US had some sort of system in place? if many people actually living there, and thus on site, had training in disaster relief? one of the issues was that with Purto Rico being the third of three huricains to hit US territory, there was a lack in people to help with aid, being divided by at least three big disasters needing help. instead of most people being helpless, and reliant of outside help, they could have done a much better job starting relief and clearing efforts as soon as tyhe danger had pased. they would have known and been traind in exactly what needed to be done. and in what order it should be done in. they could have actually done a lot of the work clearing things up, so that once supplies started to arrive, it could be propperly distributed. not to mention that by knowing what to do. things like clearing the harbours and airport would have insured that those supplies could have started rolling off aircraft and ships as soon as they could arrive. main routes could also have been pretty much ready for supplies to roll through once they arrived.

personally i think such a system in place, especially something like 2 or 3 years of service after highschool would be great for the country. those who do the military service would of course be trained for military needs. but i actually suspect many would actually opt for things like disaster preparedness, relief and aid. those people would be able to not just form a major backbone to any relief efforts after disasters. we are talking about thousands of people trained to deal with disasters and able to really help. but when they are not actuall learning or helping actively. they could actually be helping prepre everywhere for just abount any disaster. things like repairing and building things like flood cannals and walls. preparing underground shelters in tornado prone areas etc. and just think if something like social services was another option, that would mean a lot more help, especially for children. and perhapse not so many people would fall through the craks due to an understaffed and overloaded social services. a two or three year system seems to make sense. and that would even give people a bit more time and possibly even practical knowlage of what they might want to take in college or university, or even what type of tradfe they might want to go into. and the end result after a few years is that most people will actually have traing that can help in disaters. not to mention that with more people trained to deal with disasters, that disasters wouldn't be as badly hitting in the first place.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Thats interesting and may explain the publics falling support for public education, at least in Texas.

I was not aware of that issue.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Mental health is a money loser for any institution. Most who have mental health issues aren't ones with stable jobs and good insurance. We're dealing with scores of homeless, people working minimum wage jobs.

Currently hospitals are taking the load of mental health cases and spreading the cost along services that people do pay for.

That's why you'd see a correlation between the rise in medical costs and the shutting down of mental health facilities in the 80's.

Placing mental health back in control of government would actually enable hospitals to reduce operating costs and provide services at a better rate.

So if government took over mental health care, it would provide better blanket services for those who suffer issues AND reduce routine medical costs.

In my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join